Royal Caribbean Website Update

Please RCCL - keep it simple

The new website is horrible - I would jump on RCCL about 3-4 times per week and look for cruises with our AFT/hump cabins available - can't do that anymore...

It's very frustrating to have to go through all the steps and still not be able to see rooms available - That's half the fun - picking our room :)

PLEASE HEAR US - make it user friendly (i.e. like Carnival/sorry)

Well to me the web "design", the way it looks, isn't too bad. It's the functionality that leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure any of them have booked a cruise recently.

I use "web designers" and "web developers" interchangably :D

Well to me the web "design", the way it looks, isn't too bad. It's the functionality that leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure any of them have booked a cruise recently.

This. The functionality is off-putting.

I am on RCCL everyday, but that is waning.

:eek:

I know that change is supposed to be good. I understand about getting over the learning curve again, but come on Royal.

Why does Royal make it so difficult for one to find out the availability of cabins in each category and each tier in that category?

I was just searching for a new sailing for January. I already had an idea of which ship and what date I wanted to sail. I was looking to see what cabins were available. Oh my gosh! :eek: There were so many additional steps just to get to that point. Once there, it was difficult to look at the other categories and tiers without jumping, I mean clicking many additional pages to look.

I gave up searching, and did not book anything...

Thanks Royal IT for your not so good navigation skills, and making it harder for cruisers to pick their own cabin... The web site is discouraging. It is no longer a pleasure just to browse for a future sailing.

It would be nice for Royal to show deck plans with flashing lights of those cabins that are available.

I agree - especially with the sentence I highlighted in red. The TA sight I use does this and shows all available cabins. I love it! It really make cabin selection easy. This is my biggest pet peeve about RCI's site - picking a cabin is such a chore, and shouldn't be.:mad:

I agree - especially with the sentence I highlighted in red. The TA sight I use does this and shows all available cabins. I love it! It really make cabin selection easy. This is my biggest pet peeve about RCI's site - picking a cabin is such a chore, and shouldn't be.:mad:

Odd, on my phone, your red shows up as dark blue.

I don't get the new website. Anthem has 8 different D balcony categories. How do you find them? I want to check my D7 to see if a better one opens up, and if there is a price change. I know I can check the available cabins on the SS website, but I should be able to do it on Royals own site.

I don't get the new website. Anthem has 8 different D balcony categories. How do you find them? I want to check my D7 to see if a better one opens up, and if there is a price change. I know I can check the available cabins on the SS website, but I should be able to do it on Royals own site.

The only way to do it is after you pick the OV balcony (it shows the lowest balcony category) click on the button that says something like view or change stateroom. Then you have to manually put in a stateroom number in the category that you want to check on. All available staterooms in that category will show up.

Handy isn't it:eek: (NOT!!)

Edited by molly361

Odd, on my phone, your red shows up as dark blue.

What app are you using John? It seems to be displaying things differently than the computers - remember your : what : emoticon? Well, your Sly one does the same thing - just colons and letters show up, no face.

I use the cruise critic app and I don't think I have the same issues. Weird.

Ditto. Much More annoying than before!!!!

What app are you using John? It seems to be displaying things differently than the computers - remember your : what : emoticon? Well, your Sly one does the same thing - just colons and letters show up, no face.

I use the cruise critic app and I don't think I have the same issues. Weird.

I use the Cruise Critic Android app on my phone. I also have TapaTalk, but I rarely use it.

I may do a test post and see which of my android emoticons will work

Thanks for heads up

I use the Cruise Critic Android app on my phone. I also have TapaTalk, but I rarely use it.

Thanks for heads up

I've seen several that don't work at all, at least on the PCs I use.

Thanks for heads up

LOL! All this time I thought those missing emoticons was your protest against the emoticon culture. :grin: :grin: :grin:

LOL! All this time I thought those missing emoticons was your protest against the emoticon culture. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Probably, they always get me in trouble for ones I use or how I interpret how others use them. :rolleyes:

At least the rolling eyes works. It has to be one of the top three emoticons. :D

This used to be my favorite, but it is not on my Android menu :o Embarrassment

Edit - Posted from PC and just looked at it now and I don't think it conveys the emotion correctly on my phone

Edited by John&LaLa