Azura or Britannia in the Caribbean

cruisebore

Depends why would think it would be too big, we did it last year and enjoyed it. Why is bigger a pitfall, the buffet always had seats, the sunbeds were there if you wanted them.

Which would choose

Seniors, we have cruised in the Caribbean on both Ventura and Azura and enjoyed both. Can't make our minds up about Britannia, will it be too big?

My deal breaker is depth of balconies, on Britannia this is similar depth to Oceana. I also found entertainment good on Britannia however the zig zag corridors disorientating and some of the though walkways cut across dance floors.

Regards John

The Britannia is beautiful inside and has some lovely entertainment venues.

But for me, the choice would be Azura or Ventura. A decent balcony is important to us as we spend a lot of time on it, particularly in the Caribbean, and Britannia's balconys are disappointing. Plus, we miss being able to wander along Deck 7 promenade deck in the evening.

So depending on your priorities, you should have a lovely time on either ship. JMHO:D

We are asking ourselves the same question for February 2018. We were in the Caribbean on Azura this Feb and it was great. We are on Britannia in 5 weeks and are waiting until after that cruise before we decide. Have to agree with frenchmartiniplease however as the balcony size is important to us so likely to be Azura.

If you were booking a balcony I would choose Azura, for the reasons already stated.

If however, you were not having a balcony I would choose Britannia, for the lovely areas on the top decks, Sunset Bar and Serenity Pool.

Choosing between my two favourite P&O ships:)

Thanks everyone for your responses, I think we will stay with Azura on the basis of C deck balcony, prom deck 7 and atmosphere. As I remember when Ventura or was it Azura had a weekly turn around in Barbados it for us spoiled the atmosphere. so with Britannia picking up in St Lucia ....well!

It could be an expensive mistake if we called it wrong

Thanks again

Cb

Which would choose

Seniors, we have cruised in the Caribbean on both Ventura and Azura and enjoyed both. Can't make our minds up about Britannia, will it be too big?

Having been on both Azura and Britannia, to me Britannia didn't "feel" bigger and the layout is very similar to Azura anyway, but my preference would be for Azura.

Having been on both Azura and Britannia, to me Britannia didn't "feel" bigger and the layout is very similar to Azura anyway, but my preference would be for Azura.

We have also been on both Azura and Britannia in the Caribbean and would also agree that Britannia didnt feel much bigger. The area that was bigger however was the buffet on Britannia and it is a far better design than on Azura. We never struggled to find a table unlike on Azura.

Saying that I would be quite happy with either ship because they both have good and bad points.

We have also been on both Azura and Britannia in the Caribbean and would also agree that Britannia didnt feel much bigger. The area that was bigger however was the buffet on Britannia and it is a far better design than on Azura. We never struggled to find a table unlike on Azura.

Saying that I would be quite happy with either ship because they both have good and bad points.

For me I would choose Britannia. Two main reasons: The Serenity Pool and the buffet (great design, much better than Azura).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really love both ships and have been on both quite a few times.

As others have already said the Azura beats Britannia easily for the balconies and the C Deck are an excellent size.

The buffet on the Azura is a nightmare in comparison to Britannia's. We use it for breakfast and lunch but never dinner and definitely prefer Britannia.

Where the Azura also scores is the sunbathing areas. They seem much better on her and, tobe honest, I don't like the poolside areas on the Britannia as people appear to take a sunbed and a shaded lounge area and that shaded area always looks so untidy.

The real issue for us is the dance floors. The Azura atrium dance floor isn't great whereas the Crystal Room on the Britannia is excellent.

I would be more than happy on either ship but Britannia edges it for me.

I really love both ships and have been on both quite a few times.

The Azura atrium dance floor isn't great whereas the Crystal Room on the Britannia is excellent.

I would be more than happy on either ship but Britannia edges it for me.

Hi, do tell us more about the dancing, only reason I'm going on Britannia is for the dancing! Went on Queen Victoria and a bit of a dull atmosphere, never had a belly laugh all week. Very staid, and almost as bad, no tea facilities in the cabin, never going with them again. The cooked breakfasts were poor too, look forward to egg and bacon but was dissapointed, was better on P&O by far.

Hi, do tell us more about the dancing, only reason I'm going on Britannia is for the dancing! Went on Queen Victoria and a bit of a dull atmosphere, never had a belly laugh all week. Very staid, and almost as bad, no tea facilities in the cabin, never going with them again. The cooked breakfasts were poor too, look forward to egg and bacon but was dissapointed, was better on P&O by far.

Sounds like you've made a good choice. We go on Britannia for the dancing. The dance floors on Cunard are excellent but I'm sure the dance atmosphere on P&O is much better.

The Crystal Room on Britannia is way better than what they have on Azura and Ventura. Its purpose made and normally has a live band with recorded music during the breaks. The band sometimes has a problem with strict tempo but not too bad usually. They normally play 50:50 Sequence to Ballroom & Latin. We do request dances especially when its quieter. As they do dance lessons during sea days it can be quite busy in the evenings but it does get quieter as the evening goes on. The dance instructors that appear to be on the Britannia the most are Ian & Penny Crampton and they are really lovely couple but all dance instructors on P&O are very good.

We've done Azura, Ventura & Britannia all in the Caribbean and would not choose Britannia as our first choice but if it was between that and not going then we would.

Britannia - we loved the bathrooms with the glass shower doors, the buffet restaurant is excellent, the grab and go is a good idea, the cabins are very nice with great TV's on the walls but.........

We prefer the Azura and Ventura because, we like the entertainment venues better the Marlabar and the Tamarind are really good if the other entertainment is not to your liking, we like the art gallery's, we prefer the back of the ship the pool is much better really not keen on the pool at the back of the ship on the Britannia and the area is reserved for teenagers during the holidays.

Don't like the smoking area's at the back of the ship the smell gets everywhere - sorry an x smoker!!

Not sure that there really are enough sun beds for that size ship we witnessed arguments, people up at 5 am to get a sunbeds and going to breakfast in shifts so no one took them, people having beds in the sun and in the shade - P & O really need to take some action on this as you cannot rely on your balcony as they are not big enough!!

Anyway we did have a lovely holiday on the Britannia and we are not sorry we tried it just it would't be our first choice but if the itinerary was more to our liking would would try again but wouldn't pay extra for a balcony.