Check in Times

jeanlyon

Once again we have a thread about check in times which has been hi jacked by the few who dislike the system. This must be the 4th or 5th time in a few month.

It started quite positively with Jean saying how she had a good check in time and then the negativity kicks in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Once again we have a thread about check in times which has been hi jacked by the few who dislike the system. This must be the 4th or 5th time in a few month.

It started quite positively with Jean saying how she had a good check in time and then the negativity kicks in.

Sorry if I have appeared to 'hi jack' the thread. :(

Have to say, as soon as I saw the OP I knew what was coming. Oh well, I suppose we all just have to agree to disagree eh :)

Don't want to fall out with anyone, just say what I think. Am still in the middle of the Post Cruise Blues though, so may be grumpy .............

Sorry if I have appeared to 'hi jack' the thread. :(

Have to say, as soon as I saw the OP I knew what was coming. Oh well, I suppose we all just have to agree to disagree eh :)

Don't want to fall out with anyone, just say what I think. Am still in the middle of the Post Cruise Blues though, so may be grumpy .............

You did not hi jack it at all.

A forum is a place to debate

A fanzine or appreciation thread is for positive remarks only

Dai I am fed up with your remarks and until you apologise for what you called me I will bow out of any thread you contribute to

Well possibly not as much as your comments about me.

Just to make it clear, I booked my cruise when it first appeared, so that would be April 2015. I have actually never had a 1530 checkin. It wouldn't bother me if I did, but it seems not to matter what grade of cabin you have, nor what loyalty level you are. OIur single friend travelling with us has the same check in time and she is only Pacific. WE are Med.

Just to make it clear, I booked my cruise when it first appeared, so that would be April 2015. I have actually never had a 1530 checkin. It wouldn't bother me if I did, but it seems not to matter what grade of cabin you have, nor what loyalty level you are. OIur single friend travelling with us has the same check in time and she is only Pacific. WE are Med.

Hi Jean - I think that this subject has become the new formal wear thread --- ho ho. Whatever, have a great cruise. Not long for you now .............. we are very jealous. ;):D

Just out of interest, just checked Cruise Personaliser for our cruise in October. We have been given 1330. We are D deck, inside cabins. I expected 1530. So it certainly isn't done by cruise price or deck?

I've just found out my embarkation time is 3.30 but there was a post on here a while ago that said they thought Azura Riveria deck would get 3.30 so I wasn't too surprised as that's where I am!

I'm thinking of D deck for Oriana next year so hopefully I'll get 1.30! :)

Yes it's quite interesting. Seems to be a bit random. It's a good time to arrive for us as we leave Devon around 0930, take the dogs to their holiday auntie, then continue to Soton. Thanks Presto, just under 5 weeks to go and very much looking forward to it. Last Music Festival at Sea was really good.

I started one of those boarding times threads because I was just SOO frustrated at finally reaching Caribbean Tier and getting a 3.30 time which Customer Services told me, in error, could not be brought forward for Caribbean customers. So I turned up just before 1pm armed with a printout from the website of tier benefits.

The lady at the desk looked at my eticket and put us straight into the Priority Lane. We were onboard within 10 minutes; marvellous service!

As we checked in the lady dealing with us noticed we'd brought this printout and asked if we'd had misinformation shoreside; I told her yes, and she said I wasn't the only one!

Training issue for staff. We did mention it on our questionnaire but all was forgiven with the very quick check in and a wonderful cruise on the lovely Arcadia!

We haven't cruised with P and O for a couple of years but are hoping to go on Ventura next April (woeful shortage of cruises during the school holidays as usual!). We also come down to Southampton the night before and there is absolutely nothing we as a family want to do there so have always gone to the terminal quite early. On next year's cruise it seems we are likely to get a 3.30 check in time in which case I won't be happy about it, for aforementioned reasons. We would have to build in so much contingency time if we travelled on the same day that we would either be really early or the traffic would be awful (as it was last week and some ships were delayed I believe) and we would be late. I am positive that we will have a wonderful 17 days after that, but it would be nice if the start of the holiday were a little more relaxing.

I think a lot of it is based on cabin.

Last year we were on Britannia with a balcony and had a checkin time of 13:00. This year we are having and inside cabin with a checkin time of 15:00.

That would all see to tie in.

Glenn

It has to do with cabins but not in the way you assume. People in balconies have had 15.30. It is done in deck order. Or even sections of decks order.

We go October 21st on Azura and got 14:30, we've got a forward balcony on B deck.

I'm quite happy with that, could've been better, could've been worse, what the hell, I'm still on holiday! [emoji41][emoji274]

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Saltybaltiholty

Its quiet laughable really it states on P&Os website that those in Caribbean/Baltic Tier should check in at 1pm irrespective of what it states on your e-ticket. They go on to say that this will be sorted by early 2016, just received my e-ticket for cruise on Britannia in October and as a Caribbean tier member of Peninsular Club expected a 1pm check in only to see a check in at 3pm. So what is basically a very simple IT solution to solve and after promising it would be done by early 2016 we are now coming towards the end of 2016 and still not been rectified just shows the incompetence of the people now running P&O.

My husband is a printer and we can produce e-tickets with the desired time very easily. That would have been my next step if i hadn't reached caribbean Tier just in time. No they haven't solved the simple IT issue, but they will let you on for 1pm!

Its quiet laughable really it states on P&Os website that those in Caribbean/Baltic Tier should check in at 1pm irrespective of what it states on your e-ticket. They go on to say that this will be sorted by early 2016, just received my e-ticket for cruise on Britannia in October and as a Caribbean tier member of Peninsular Club expected a 1pm check in only to see a check in at 3pm. So what is basically a very simple IT solution to solve and after promising it would be done by early 2016 we are now coming towards the end of 2016 and still not been rectified just shows the incompetence of the people now running P&O.

You do like a good dig. When in reality it makes no difference as you have been told you can board at 13.00

Edited by daiB

I have found that with priority we have been checking in a lot earlier than 12.30. But we do not board much earlier. They try to check everyone in by 12.30/40 so they can start boarding when the ship is ready. So this means that the 13.00 group can start checking in that much quicker. Clearly they are trying to refine the system.