Will the hotel call an Uber car for us?

Harrylinden

Going on the Equinox in May and flying in a day earlier .We are staying at the InterContentinial for the night.I,m new with this Uber thing:D so where do I find the phone number to get an Uber car to pick us up at both the airport and the hotel? Any help would be appreciated! Us old people have only used taxi,s! LOL:p

You request Uber with a cellphone app. Go to the Apple store or the Google store on your phone and search for Uber. Set up an account and payment method and you're good. Note that Uber probably won't pick up at the taxi/shuttle line at the airport, and may pick you up on the side rather than front of the hotel (it varies).

Why complicate your lives? Unless you are going a long distance, it's not worth worrying about how to call UBER/etc, how to find them at the port and so on.

If you have a smart phone, load the application and call (using the application) uber yourself :) If you're not comfortable with this, just let the 'youngins" worry about all the new fancy techie things and take a taxi.

The hotel does not call for an Uber. You use the app on your cell phone. You have to register with Uber to use the service and they have your credit card on file. It is a cashless system. When you request a car with the app it estimates the cost for the trip. If you agree you complete the request and your card is charged at the end of the ride. No money changes hands so it cannot be arranged by someone else for you. Personally I have found it more pleasant and economical than a taxi, but if you are uncomfortable with the app or having your credit card "on file" then you might want to consider a traditional taxi.

As others have said, it's app-based so you have to use a smartphone to use their service. The port is not that far from the Intercontinental in Miami. I'd just ask the hotel to get you a cab directly. There are lots of cabs in that area. When you return, there should be plenty of cabs at the port taxi stand to get you to the airport (or hotel if you're not flying out immediately).

If you do want to use Uber, they have a big presence in both Baltimore and DC, so you should probably take it on a test run to make sure you understand how it all works. It's not that complicated but better to have at least one experience under your belt before you go.

I'm not sure if they still do it, but they used to give $10-$20 off on your first ride. It's actually very easy to use once you download the app, and even people at the hotel registration (if they're not busy)would probably be happy to help you. If you use somebody's phone number as a referral, I believe they also get money off of their next ride. So somebody at the desk may be glad to help you download the app and set up your first ride knowing that they can get a discount as well. That's exactly what happened with us in Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ask the hotel if they run a shuttle. If not, call a cab. Easier, no hassle, no ap, right there. No worries.

Bingo. Many of the hotels have shuttles, mine charged $8 pp in December but in any case a cab to the port from the Intercontinental Hotel is no big deal. It is not that far.

My daughter in law sent me an Uber code to use when I signed up. My first ride was free. Once I used my first ride, she got a free ride. Uber pays the driver, not you. It's nice to have options! Put it on your phone for "just in case". Also, another advantage is that you can split the fare with other people on the same ride. No more trying to keep it fair if you're out and about with friends. Everyone splits evenly.

Going on the Equinox in May and flying in a day earlier .We are staying at the InterContentinial for the night.

We always take a cab from Miami Intercontinental to the port. Plenty of cabs waiting, and inexpensive. :)

Going on the Equinox in May and flying in a day earlier .We are staying at the InterContentinial for the night.I,m new with this Uber thing:D so where do I find the phone number to get an Uber car to pick us up at both the airport and the hotel? Any help would be appreciated! Us old people have only used taxi,s! LOL:p

Hi. You will need to upload the app onto your smart phone in order to access Uber. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We always take a cab from Miami Intercontinental to the port. Plenty of cabs waiting, and inexpensive. :)

How much is a taxi from this hotel to the port? We are thinking of staying there. Thanks [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk