Mama Mia on Allure

electroguy

I have read many reviews that mentioned the show Mama Mia on the Allure, and everyone seems to rave about it. However, one reviewer mentioned that it's 2 and 1/2 hours long. Can anyone confirm that? I'm not sure I'm up for a show that long.

I have read many reviews that mentioned the show Mama Mia on the Allure, and everyone seems to rave about it. However, one reviewer mentioned that it's 2 and 1/2 hours long. Can anyone confirm that? I'm not sure I'm up for a show that long.

It's the full "Broadway" production of Mamma Mia. So yes, 2.5hrs with an intermission. I'm biased since I love the show, but it's worth attending.

Edited by LuCruise

Yes about 2.5 hours. Intermission at about the 1 hour 30 min mark. Great show and saw it 3 times in two weeks. Will see it at least twice more in a few weeks. The singers were very talented. We got to see it one week with the old cast and saw it the next week with the replacement cast.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I understand where the op is coming from. We had seen the show in Chicago so when we were on the Allure, my dh had no interest in seeing it again. 2 1/2 hours was just too long for a show he had already seen. My idea was to go and then he could leave if he wanted, but that didn't happen. Maybe you could sit in the back of the theater and then leave if it gets to be too long for you.

Just saw it on the Allure. It was fantastic and a MUST see! What talent and my dh even enjoyed it. I wish I could have seen it twice. We always try and see the earlier shows. What's nice about them, you don't have to drive home afterwards :D

Saw it in Jan. and again 2 weeks ago and it is outstanding. 15 minute intermission after 1st. hour. At the end and start recognizing cast many get up and leave beating the crowd but cast always says you want more and go into another 5 to 10 minutes which is great. I don't even usually like musical. Bob The Villages Florida

We saw Mamma Mia five times on two ships and can't wait to see it again in October. It beats Chicago and Cats by a mile.

If you think you may be too tired due to the length of the show but want to try it anyway I would suggest you see it on the second or third night showing as day one of cruise is a day a lot of cruisers find tiring due to travel, etc.

Have they said how long MM will be running?

I heard they keep the shows til they do a big dry dock. When we went on Oasis, it was right after dry dock. Went from Hairspray to Cats : (

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Half the people left at intermission with Cats. Feel bad for the cast.

I was in the 5th row, I was suppressing yawns because i didnt want to hurt their feelings. Stayed for my wife and I was mentally writing my review during the show. I wish I had taken a picture of the Martian rats. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of Broadway shows, but Mama Mia blew me away! Wonderful acting and singing, and very well done in the theater on the Allure of the Seas. It's 2 and a half hours, that just flew by.

I highly recommend it.:)

Rick

I beleive Mama Mia started in 2014, so hopefully it will be there till 2019. I'd do Allure again on the Eastern no problem so seeing the show would be a bonus.