Where is the Allure of the Seas?

stevenr597

I read on Cruise Critic News that Allure of the seas will, because of Tropical Storm Matthew, will not be docking at either St. Thomas or St. Maarten, in place will be stopping at Haiti, and Falmouth Jamaica. Looking at the track of the storm it appears that the Tropical Storm will be miss these islands, but is set on a course towards Jamaica. When I looked at the Satellite Photographs of the Caribbean, it appears that the Allure has docked in St. Thomas. Did Royal Caribbean make another change, or is the ship indeed headed to Haiti and Jamaica.

I read on Cruise Critic News that Allure of the seas will, because of Tropical Storm Matthew, will not be docking at either St. Thomas or St. Maarten, in place will be stopping at Haiti, and Falmouth Jamaica. Looking at the track of the storm it appears that the Tropical Storm will be miss these islands, but is set on a course towards Jamaica. When I looked at the Satellite Photographs of the Caribbean, it appears that the Allure has docked in St. Thomas. Did Royal Caribbean make another change, or is the ship indeed headed to Haiti and Jamaica.

Where are you finding live satellite photos of the Caribbean? According to Marine Traffic, Allure is out of range.

I have a friend on Allure now and he posted a picture of them arriving in Labadee this morning. I have no idea where they are going after but if I hear from him I will post.

This was posted on another website blog :

Day Port Arrival Departure

September 25 Port Everglades, Florida 4:30pm

September 26 Nassau, Bahamas 7:00am 2:00pm

September 27 At sea

September 28 Labadee, Haiti 8:00am 4:00pm

September 29 Falmouth, Jamaica 9:00am 7:00pm

September 30 At sea

October 1 At Sea

October 2 Port Everglades, Florida 6:15am

Where are you finding live satellite photos of the Caribbean? According to Marine Traffic, Allure is out of range.

I have looked up on the internet for the position of the Allure and I saw a satellite photograph of the Allure docked at St. Thomas. Did not make sense, based on C.C. News, perhaps they took an old photograph.

I have looked up on the internet for the position of the Allure and I saw a satellite photograph of the Allure docked at St. Thomas. Did not make sense, based on C.C. News, perhaps they took an old photograph.

Without knowing where you are looking, I can only guess it is one of the sites that tells you the scheduled position of the ship based on itinerary. If you look below the satellite picture, it has checked the box for scheduled position. The website I am looking at, which is the one I think you are too, is a travel agent site that I can't mention here per cruise critic rules.

I had check Marine Traffic and it is showing it out of range.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/

Think about this for a sec - how in the world would any web site provide free live sat photos?

I'm scheduled to board Allure on Sunday. My gut tells me that instead of doing Western Caribbean, we will be headed to St. Thomas and St. Maarten. It really doesn't matter to me though, as long as I am on a cruise, I am happy. I am sad to think that we might miss Labadee though. But as long as we are safe that's all that matters.

Think about this for a sec - how in the world would any web site provide free live sat photos?

But if I read it on the internet, it must...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G

Multiple tracking sites indicate it left Nassau, Bahamas about 2 hours ago...destination unknown at this time.

Check post #2. They are in Labadee Haiti Today. The sites you are following are giving you wrong info.

They were in Nassau on Monday.

I'm scheduled to board Allure on Sunday. My gut tells me that instead of doing Western Caribbean, we will be headed to St. Thomas and St. Maarten. It really doesn't matter to me though, as long as I am on a cruise, I am happy. I am sad to think that we might miss Labadee though. But as long as we are safe that's all that matters.

Me too! I cant wait. I dont care where we go as long as its not Bahamas.:eek:

Strange that the top 2 sites typically used for tracking BOTH have the wrong information. Make one wonder what information one can trust.

Look at the information on those sites, it is most likely where the ship is scheduled to be based on the scheduled itinerary. Marine Traffic is still showing Allure as out of range but the last information I can see is when it left Nassua on Monday.

Look at the information on those sites, it is most likely where the ship is scheduled to be based on the scheduled itinerary. Marine Traffic is still showing Allure as out of range but the last information I can see is when it left Nassua on Monday.

Specifically selected actual as opposed to scheduled locations at both sites. In the past, had never seen the inaccuracy seen this week.

In the vase of a 3rd site, it cited a lack of updated information for more than 12 hours, also unusual.

What is clear is that these sites are not as reliable as many of us thought from past experience, or at least, their data is not as updated as people are led to believe. That was my main point.

Specifically selected actual as opposed to scheduled locations at both sites. In the past, had never seen the inaccuracy seen this week.

In the vase of a 3rd site, it cited a lack of updated information for more than 12 hours, also unusual.

What is clear is that these sites are not as reliable as many of us thought from past experience, or at least, their data is not as updated as people are led to believe. That was my main point.

Which sites are you using? There are a couple out there that never have the updated information for a changed itinerary.

Marine Traffic is the most accurate. It is showing Allure approaching Falmouth.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-78/centery:19/zoom:10

Which sites are you using? There are a couple out there that never have the updated information for a changed itinerary.

Marine Traffic is the most accurate. It is showing Allure approaching Falmouth.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-78/centery:19/zoom:10

Actually...when checking marinetraffic originally...it said "update not received in 6 hours"...so went to other sites. There are 8-9 of them...

We are supposed to do the Eastern route the following week (Oct 9th) I don't think they would do that two weeks in a row, they will have a lot of upset passengers if they don't get back on schedule. I really wanted to do the Eastern as opposed to the western, I know mother nature dictates but why would they switch another week and mess up so many itineraries?

We are supposed to do the Eastern route the following week (Oct 9th) I don't think they would do that two weeks in a row, they will have a lot of upset passengers if they don't get back on schedule. I really wanted to do the Eastern as opposed to the western, I know mother nature dictates but why would they switch another week and mess up so many itineraries?

That's just my guess. As the days we are in Falmouth and Labadee, that is when supposedly the hurricane will be there too. I don't see them taking us through the hurricane to avoid messing up another week. Their main priority is crew and passenger safety. I doubt "upsetting" passengers is what they are really worried about during this hurricane.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums