Navigator of Seas April 23rd 2017 canceled?

I am not so sure about that - they said they would offer a "compensation package" but need a few more days to compose it....

Maybe you all think tooo negative about RCI?:confused:

Not at all. I've had cruises chartered and I know what they offer.

When we have gotten a cruise chartered/cancelled the price protected sailings were NOT the same dates, they were the same ship and close to the original sailing. My guess would be you would be offered the 4/9 and 3/26 sailings, but that is just a guess based on what they have offered us in the past.

Those days obviously would not fit our schedule and flight bookings.

I spoke to someone the other day and they kind of indicated - that they would be open to discuss - if the package would not meet my requirements initially....that makes me hope we can work something out...

Those days obviously would not fit our schedule and flight bookings.

I spoke to someone the other day and they kind of indicated - that they would be open to discuss - if the package would not meet my requirements initially....that makes me hope we can work something out...

You can choose another sailing that they're not offering but by doing so you're not price protected and will pay the going rate for the cruise that you choose. That choice is yours.

Why is that?

I agree that you will not be happy with their offer. Just simply reading what they offered to people in the recent past for similar circumstances we can assume that they are not going to offer you anything even close to what you feel they should.

As I said some people were canceled 2 and 3 times in a row on the Empress cruises and they only got similar to what has already been stated here, small obc, price protection, and a small amount for airfare changes. That's it. I think you will be happier just to cancel and go on a different vacation.

beachchick...leo...molly...myself. I'd continue but you won't be happy with that either.

Good luck.

r o f l!

You are such a negative person.....tzzzz!

I think some on this forum ( is it 95%:D:p) just can't stand the thought others might get offered things that actually fit their needs and that RCI would actually listen to them and negotiate - what is best for both sides....

Edited by germanfflyer

r o f l!

I think some on this forum ( is it 95%:D:p) just can't stand the thought others might get offered things that actually fit their needs and that RCI would actually listen to them and negotiate - what is best for both sides....

No I think most are simply saying you can hope for significant compensation but history shows that's not likely to happen so you may need to adjust your expectations.

Any compensation will come down from Royal as far as what they are allowed to offer for said cancelled cruise. The customer service people that answer the phone have no authority to offer you more than the thousands of others that are also being displaced by the charter.

Other people have been more significantly impacted by cancellations that what you are experiencing, some with only a week or two notice, and they deserved more than what was offered and Royal still stuck to the standard offer.

r o f l!

Can't wait to hear what your offer is and what your settlement ends up being!

No I think most are simply saying you can hope for significant compensation but history shows that's not likely to happen so you may need to adjust your expectations.

Any compensation will come down from Royal as far as what they are allowed to offer for said cancelled cruise. The customer service people that answer the phone have no authority to offer you more than the thousands of others that are also being displaced by the charter.

Other people have been more significantly impacted by cancellations that what you are experiencing, ...

Well I am not expecting significant compensation so to speak of - just a few made that up on this board - the so called "95%" :rolleyes:

I think I am very reasonable - and RCI's reaction was - "We will see if we can do that...." So that makes me hope!

You should not judge how much the impact is to me - as you can not do that because you do not have all the details.

I am confident I am talking to the right people - that can make decisions.......

There is only very few ( not thousands) affected - maybe that makes the difference.....

some with only a week or two notice, and they deserved more than what was offered and Royal still stuck to the standard offer.

I totally agree with that!

Can't wait to hear what your offer is and what your settlement ends up being!

I am sure you and some of the "95%" will not be happy!:D:p

Edited by germanfflyer

I am sure you and some of the "95%" will not be happy!:D:p

I couldn't care less.

You asked for help, suggestions, experience. Many have tried to offer help and suggestions, including myself. Your expectations are not realistic. We (the 95%) were trying to help you manage your expectations.

Like Leo said.. nothing they give you will be satisfactory.

Best of luck.

I think I am very reasonable - and RCI's reaction was - "We will see if we can do that...." So that makes me hope!

Keep in mind that the person that you supposedly spoke with hasn't received word from the Corporate office as to what the offer and/or compensation will be. The final word comes from the big wheels and you or anybody else is not going to change that.

Ahh - where am I being unreasonable?

And who is the 95% - please name them!:rolleyes:

Don't know who the 95% are but I am in the 5%....

I didn't think that germanffler was asking for a huge compensation package...just reasonable acknowledgement of the extra cost to him and also the time & stress which RCI has single handedly brought on him.

Why should we just "suck it up" and take whatever is offered us just because they see a more lucrative market. I understand that any company is out to make the most money/profit...of course...but customer service goes a long long way in achieving that goal and a little recognition of that from them would very easily achieve that

Don't know who the 95% are but I am in the 5%....

I didn't think that germanffler was asking for a huge compensation package...just reasonable acknowledgement of the extra cost to him and also the time & stress which RCI has single handedly brought on him.

Why should we just "suck it up" and take whatever is offered us just because they see a more lucrative market. I understand that any company is out to make the most money/profit...of course...but customer service goes a long long way in achieving that goal and a little recognition of that from them would very easily achieve that

Thanks you summed it up very good!

Well the problem is really with mentality - we in Europe think differently than others and that is why US companies offer such bad customer service to their manly US customers....

But back on topic :

RCI so far has been quite pleasant to deal with - and that is why I still have good hopes there will be a sufficient deal.

Keep in mind that the person that you supposedly spoke with hasn't received word from the Corporate office as to what the offer and/or compensation will be. The final word comes from the big wheels and you or anybody else is not going to change that.

I am confident I am talking to the right people - that can make decisions.......

I am very much assuming the people I talk to - can make decisions and they are aware of the problem for sure!

I also think the fact that are only a few people affected - might make a big difference as well as this is not a mechanical like the Empress disaster. So I do not think the decisions are made as global as when there were thousands affected - there seems to be more individual decisions possible in this case

We will see who is right....

BTW I asked for help to solve the problem - any ideas how to approach RCI - not for people to get personal ....

There are just too much apologists here on CC - that are more rigid than RCI towards their customers - amazing!

Edited by germanfflyer

Why should we just "suck it up" and take whatever is offered us just because they see a more lucrative market.

It has nothing to do with sucking it up. Folks here provided info on what has happened in the past in these situations and what the OP can expect in compensation. What anyone deems fair is irrelevant - RCI will likely offer what it has in the past with perhaps some other accommodations. Expecting anything above that and being upset if not accommodated with those requests is just an invitation to be stressed over a situation one has no control over.