Really all inclusive?

One of the advantages of Regent's all inclusive plan is that you are not constantly being asked to buy stuff or sign for things.

As far as laundry goes, I prefer to do my own. While many may not like my approach, it works for me. I put it in on my way to dinner on a port day and switch it to the dryer before the entrees arrive. Then I grab it after dessert and have time to fold it and hang it before the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much everyone should do what is best for them. For us I don't go on vacation to spend time doing laundry, so we'll send it out every time. Like others will send everything out the day before we go home--I hate doing laundry the first day back.

One of the advantages of Regent's all inclusive plan is that you are not constantly being asked to buy stuff or sign for things.

As far as laundry goes, I prefer to do my own. While many may not like my approach, it works for me. I put it in on my way to dinner on a port day and switch it to the dryer before the entrees arrive. Then I grab it after dessert and have time to fold it and hang it before the show.

I used to do my own laundry on board (to the constant amusement of my wife) but the last couple of cruises, the laundry facilities were so crowded - ALWAYS - that I finally gave up and sent it out. Frankly, I can't think of a better use for OBC. :D

Pretty much everyone should do what is best for them. For us I don't go on vacation to spend time doing laundry, so we'll send it out every time. Like others will send everything out the day before we go home--I hate doing laundry the first day back.

I have no problem at all with stuffing one suitcase with some dirty laundry on the way home - my work clothes and vacation clothes are so different that if I get home and toss a stack in the hamper for a day or two, it's not going to make me lose any sleep.

I know that tours are included in every port. Assume we wish to take the included tours, what are peoples' experiences with being shut out because included tours are full, especially for those in lower level suites and your booking window is later than concierge class or above?

Our only experience with Regent has been a Bermuda/US E. coast cruise where we were able to stand by and get on tours that had been booked full. But in that case we really did not care too much if we were to be shut out. We are considering a NZ/Australia cruise next year where being shut out of tours would be a big problem so we are considering booking Concierge cabins so we can book tours in an earlier time window.

Would appreciate input from more experienced Regent cruisers about whether booked up included tours seem to generally be a problem.

Thanks!

Ed

I know that tours are included in every port. Assume we wish to take the included tours, what are peoples' experiences with being shut out because included tours are full, especially for those in lower level suites and your booking window is later than concierge class or above?

Our only experience with Regent has been a Bermuda/US E. coast cruise where we were able to stand by and get on tours that had been booked full. But in that case we really did not care too much if we were to be shut out. We are considering a NZ/Australia cruise next year where being shut out of tours would be a big problem so we are considering booking Concierge cabins so we can book tours in an earlier time window.

Would appreciate input from more experienced Regent cruisers about whether booked up included tours seem to generally be a problem.

Thanks!

Ed

Ed, we've had great luck with our included excursions. We've had to waitlist a few but they almost always clear. In fact, I've had more Regent Choice (paid) excursions cancel than the others, usually for lack of participation. In that case we usually just book something on our own.

I have been on 3 Regent cruises with my family and we are all about doing as many tours as we can, to see as much as we can.

We have never missed out on an included tour that we wanted to do, and we were not in the cabins who get to book early.

We were ages 17-80 so some days we split up and other days we all went together. Also, we would change our plans often and switch tours several times.

The shore excursion desk did a great job of guiding us on choosing tours we would enjoy and that the older family members could do.

I've always been worried about shrinkage. E.g. when I do laundry myself at home or on ship, there are a number of articles that I don't leave in the dryer until fully dried. I've queried this in the past, and pretty much all responders have said not a problem sending laundry out. Don't know if I'll be brave enough to give it a try on our next cruise, but it sure would be nice.

As others have suggested, shrinkage problems have more to do with the dining room than the laundry. I'm now at the "free laundry" level, and have not found problems with shrinkage, but the laundry can be a bit harsh on clothes. That well-worn t-shirt you brought along may be even more worn after a couple of trips to the ship's laundry.

My first time in a Regent laundry room was on the Mariner. There were several of us in there, so someone decided to call room service and have some wine sent up. Our laundry party was certainly memorable!

We are new to Regent, what about the included excursions? Are tips expected?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Regent literature does let passengers know that tips are not included on excursions. Unfortunately, our experience has been that few passengers tip which we find very sad. Unless the tour guide was horrible, we tip both the driver and guide (even if the guide is horrible, we tip the driver).

Welcome to Regent:D

We are new to Regent, what about the included excursions? Are tips expected?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Tips can be a touchy subject. but as a rule, yes, you should tip your guides and/or drivers. The people running the excursions aren't Regent employees and they count on tips.

Of course, you'll see quite a few passengers head out the back door or avoid the guides when you return to the port, but we've always tipped our excursion guides...unless they absolutely sucked, which is rare...