Port Canaveral .. Majesty?? RC Handing PC Over To Carnival

I feel your pain! We decided to book Carnival Magic next November (2016) due to the rapid increases in Royal pricing and attractive Carnival itinerary options from PC.

Edited by APDMOM
date clarify

I'm still confused why people care about where RCCL home ports ships? Who gives a rip!

For some avid cruisers it's location, location, location. Me, I have to fly to almost every port so it matters less.

Edited by Big_G

How dare RCCL inconvenience these folks!

I'm glad PC has a ship for the summer of 2016 now, I also wasn't that thrilled with Rhapsody anyway. However, I did have a couple of cruises pre-booked and was disappointed that the Nov 10 cruise got cancelled since I was joining my wife for the tail end of a TA from Venice to PC

Edited by John&LaLa

Trying to be impartial...but as someone who does not live in Florida, Port Canaveral is one of my LEAST favorite ports for departures. It's NOT conveniently located near the airport, and has relatively boring itineraries. I will sail from there now and then when the price is right, but even then, it's a pricey shuttle ride to/from the port. Normally, I would much rather depart from somewhere more convenient. Also, I certainly wouldn't complain about having the Oasis near me!

Peter

Edited by RoyalDiamond
added info

Then since RC is showing so little loyalty now to Port Canaveral, the Port Authority should move RC to the oldest, crappiest terminal and give Carnival the nice new one that was built .. why should RC have it ? They didn't pay for it ... and Carnival's putting more of an investment into this port than RC is ....

Majesty ?? please ... that's an insult to PC

Im not a Majesty fan, however it happen so deal with it or go on Carnival right? whats the big f-ing deal we had the majesty here for over 10 years already, Miami ship needed to be change years ago.

Trying to be impartial...but as someone who does not live in Florida, Port Canaveral is one of my LEAST favorite ports for departures. It's NOT conveniently located near the airport, and has relatively boring itineraries. I will sail from there now and then when the price is right, but even then, it's a pricey shuttle ride to/from the port. Normally, I would much rather depart from somewhere more convenient. Also, I certainly wouldn't complain about having the Oasis near me!

Peter

Funny, Port Canaveral is our favorite port to cruise from. Reasonable hotel rates in the port area, several rental car agencies with free shuttles to the port, several shared shuttle companies to choose from, decent restaurants on the channel and in the Cocoa Beach area, much less traffic than the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Some people live close to ports and regularly sail from them on the same ship. For those types of cruisers, ship placement is important.

This argument to me is ridiculous, first off Port Canaveral is not going to over take the popularity of Miami or Fort lauderdale anytime soon, second if you live in central florida you can go anywhere you like MIA/FTL is only a 3 and half hour drive and if you dont want to do it you have choices outside of Royal

Let me ask two questions. First, if the Oasis is moving to Port Canaveral, then where is the Freedom going?

Second, I thought the Majesty was being retired from the RC fleet at the end of April, most likely going to one RC lines in Europe to join the Sovereign and the Monarch. When did RC decide to extend her time?

A lot of people, myself included, booked cruises on the Majesty next year, simply because she was leaving.

This argument to me is ridiculous, first off Port Canaveral is not going to over take the popularity of Miami or Fort lauderdale anytime soon, second if you live in central florida you can go anywhere you like MIA/FTL is only a 3 and half hour drive and if you dont want to do it you have choices outside of Royal

3.88 million passengers through FLL last year, and 3.86 million through PC. With the new ships that are homeporting in PC in the near future, they could well jump over FLL and get close to the Miami figures of 4.8 million

Let me ask two questions. First, if the Oasis is moving to Port Canaveral, then where is the Freedom going?

Second, I thought the Majesty was being retired from the RC fleet at the end of April, most likely going to one RC lines in Europe to join the Sovereign and the Monarch. When did RC decide to extend her time?

A lot of people, myself included, booked cruises on the Majesty next year, simply because she was leaving.

Freedom is going to Ft. Lauderdale.

This week was the first I heard that Majesty was not going to Pullmantur.

You would probably be surprised how many foreign passengers cruise out of PC. They are already in Orlando for the theme parks and just tack a cruise on. It could be to them, a 1 hour drive to PC makes more sense than a 3-4 hour trip south.

Edited by John&LaLa

Freedom is going to Port Everglades next year for 6 and 8 night itineraries.

RC made the announcement about Majesty on Monday I think. Or maybe yesterday. She is no longer going to Pullmantur at this time.

I for one and excited about Majesty in PC. Ive wanted to sail on her because I enjoyed Monarch so much but there was no way I was driving to Miami for a 3 or 4 night cruise.

What argument? :confused:

This argument to me is ridiculous, first off Port Canaveral is not going to over take the popularity of Miami or Fort lauderdale anytime soon

I know a lot of people who prefer to fly to Orlando to cruise out of PC. You can always tack on a day or two at Disney World. Personally, I would rather deal with Orlando International than Miami International, simply because the volume of passengers is less at MCO. Plus, staying at the Orlando Airport Hyatt is far easier than an airport hotel at MIA. You don't have to find a shuttle bus, since the MCO Hyatt is connected to the terminal, and you can then take the RC motor coach in the morning.

I know a lot of people who prefer to fly to Orlando to cruise out of PC. You can always tack on a day or two at Disney World. Personally, I would rather deal with Orlando International than Miami International, simply because the volume of passengers is less at MCO. Plus, staying at the Orlando Airport Hyatt is far easier than an airport hotel at MIA. You don't have to find a shuttle bus, since the MCO Hyatt is connected to the terminal, and you can then take the RC motor coach in the morning.

Actually MCO had 1.5 million more boardings than MIA at last count.