Port Canaveral .. Majesty?? RC Handing PC Over To Carnival

I know theyre bringing Oasis here for the 7 day cruises .. and have a couple of others that stop here for the day from other cities, but now they are bringing a Sovereign class ship back ??

It seems like Port Canaveral is becoming less important to RC as far as home-porting ships.

Carnival is adding more ships here and its starting to look like theyre mopping the floor with RC.

The Majesty being brought up here to replace Rhapsody ... that means another old ship (I don't care about water slides being added or a new Mexican taco restaurant) .. this ship has VERY few balconies ... and sorry but its not the ship that's gonna impress too many people.

Seriously .. is PC being given the shaft by RC? .. This is a step backward, IMO.

Edited by F27TW

I know theyre bringing Oasis here for the 7 day cruises .. and have a couple of others that stop here for the day from other cities, but now they are bringing a Sovereign class ship back ??

It seems like Port Canaveral is becoming less important to RC as far as home-porting ships.

Carnival is adding more ships here and its starting to look like theyre mopping the floor with RC.

The Majesty being brought up here to replace Rhapsody ... that means another old ship (I don't care about water slides being added or a new Mexican taco restaurant) .. this ship has VERY few balconies ... and sorry but its not the ship that's gonna impress too many people.

Seriously .. is PC being given the shaft by RC? .. This is a step backward, IMO.

I agree, it is a step backwards.

I'd rather have Rhapsody or Enchantment in Port Canaveral for nine month of the year than Majesty year round. It's a joke. Granted it is awesome that Oasis is coming, it's been 12 years since Port Canaveral got a truly new Royal Caribbean ship. It would have made more of a statement to move Harmony to PC than Oasis at 7 years old and the oldest ship in the class.

I agree, it is a step backwards.

I'd rather have Rhapsody or Enchantment in Port Canaveral for nine month of the year than Majesty year round. It's a joke. Granted it is awesome that Oasis is coming, it's been 12 years since Port Canaveral got a truly new Royal Caribbean ship. It would have made more of a statement to move Harmony to PC than Oasis at 7 years old and the oldest ship in the class.

I agree with you ... a whole 2 ships ... the biggest and the smallest (and oldest and most poorly equipped) ... but nothing else in PC .. they need more here ... esp with Norwegian supposedly coming in to homeport in PC again .. RC cant be serious with this move.

They are showing some serious "whateverrrrr" to Port Canaveral, it seems ..

As it now means that there will be a RCI ship doing 3/4 day itineraries between May and November next year, I think it's an improvement. MJ is better than no RCI option at all.

I agree with this. While I'd rather have Enchantment stay in PC, I'd rather have MJ than no ship at all.

I agree with everything you said. What burns me is that PC built the new terminal with their own money thinking that RCCL would give them a new ship but RCCL screwed PC by bringing the Oasis here not even year round then we're stuck with MJ. Keep in mind RCCL spent money on FT LAUDERDALE terminal. That's what gets me. And PC to stupid to see this.

Edited by micco69
spelling

I agree with everything you said. What burns me is that PC built the new terminal with their own money thinking that RCCL would give them a new ship but RCCL screwed PC by bringing the Oasis here not even year round then we're stuck with MJ. Keep in mind RCCL spent money on FT LAUDERDALE terminal. That's what gets me. And PC to stupid to see this.

Wait ... OASIS isn't even going to be year-round ????

Wait ... OASIS isn't even going to be year-round ????

All three Oasis class ships are on seasonal deployment now. That does not mean that Oasis might not be deployed for consecutive winter and then summer deployments at PC, but that she could be seasonal.

That's still unknown.

Then since RC is showing so little loyalty now to Port Canaveral, the Port Authority should move RC to the oldest, crappiest terminal and give Carnival the nice new one that was built .. why should RC have it ? They didn't pay for it ... and Carnival's putting more of an investment into this port than RC is ....

Majesty ?? please ... that's an insult to PC

I miss Monarch. I'll miss Enchantment. That being said, I'm looking forward to many fun cruises on Majesty. I'll go on whatever they put in PC to be honest. Tampa too, I'd love to see a permanent 4/5 ship there.

Agreed.

Perhaps some of the differences in opinion stems from those who have the port close by (within an hour or two) and those who have to drive 6-10 hours or have the extra expense of air tickets.

I am not overly excited to drive 8 hours (or fly and have the expense of transfers or a rental car) to sail the Majesty. I would be embarrassed to suggest this old ship to friends who have never cruised and want to cruise with us.

M

Oh let's not forget about all the money they dumped into Fairmont . And Oasis is not going to be here year round that's a fact.

Can you please stop posting that because it is NOT a fact.

It has not been confirmed that Oasis is a year round ship, but IMO, she most likely will be. They've probably done plenty of studies, but they may just want to make sure she is successful before committing to year round deployment.

I'm confused....Freedom is listed for PC next May '16 for 7 day to Caribbean....is that wrong now? We planned on booking that trip soon?

She leaves in November 2016 to coincide with Harmony arrival in Ft Lauderdale and Oasis to PC

Majesty is actually replacing Enchantment. Rhapsody should be in PC for just the disembarking of passengers

I'm confused....Freedom is listed for PC next May '16 for 7 day to Caribbean....is that wrong now? We planned on booking that trip soon?

I believe Freedom starts at Port Everglades in Nov 2016.