Just Embarked the Equinox. IMPRESSED!

ChucktownSteve

Are the coffee cocktails included with the Classic pkg?

The liquor package inclusions are always in flux depending upon the bar and ship. However when I had the classic package before this cruise they were. If you see the liquor included in the coffee liquor drink and compare it to the classic liquor list at the time of your cruise, you should see they are.

However I've found the easiest way to determine is to tell the bar server that you have the classic package and ask if the drink you want included.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! I just finished reading every single post and loved them all. We will be on this same cruise March 3 and am getting more excited thanks to this thread. It will be our second time on this ship. Thank you again, Steve, for taking us along on your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a picture of the Concierge embarkation lunch menu.

IMG_1556_zpsxnzfy9wr.jpg

I was seated in a section that had a low ceiling. I was expecting a loud dining experience at night as we had on the Summit before going to Blu but I didn't notice the sound bouncing around.

I waited until the long line of those waiting for Select dining to diminish. Then was seated right away. I had the Prime Rib. It was rare as ordered. Nothing wrong with dinner but nothing memorable either.

The cruise director is Damian De Lorenzis. Because I awoke at 5:30 the morning of sailing with 1.5 hours drive to the port from the hotel I stopped at, I was tired and didn't do the show. The entertainer was David Guidice but that's all I know.

I had asked for an egg crate topper before trying the bed. The cabin attendant didn't add it. Maybe he didn't have one but I was surprised how good the bed slept without it.

The lobby is decorated tastefully for Christmas. I'll try and take a pic or two.

I like the elevator banks overlooking the atrium with a lot of light coming from above. There are actually groups of elevators on both sides of the atrium. That makes for a much more interesting ride.

I'm looking forward to breakfast in a few hours. It will be interesting to see how they set up the different stations in the buffet you can walk around instead of just standing on one long line waiting behind someone who can't make up their mind. :)

Is there a special lunch for Concierge instead of just the normal offerings on embarkation day? We're in AQ (first time) on the Equinox in July.

Is there a special lunch for Concierge instead of just the normal offerings on embarkation day? We're in AQ (first time) on the Equinox in July.

Yes, Concierge Class has a lunch in the Main Dining room, just for them.

BILL

The above menu is the special luncheon menu on embarkation day for Concierge only. Unfortunately, on embarkation day there is no dedicated restaurant or menu for AQ. Your choices are buffet, aqua spa cafe(limited) or sushi on five(ala carte $ menu).

I wonder if more than one person uses the name I Made? He said he wasn't on the Silhouette or in the Baltics this summer. Regardless, he's going on vacay in January and won't be aboard in February.

There are a few I made working on martini. There were 2 on silhouette working the baltics this summer and one on Equinox. I made means 2nd son. Where I Putu means first born. I have them on my Facebook and both of the guys from silhouette are on vacation, one went today along with Sreejesh and the other a couple of months ago. However supriana I Putu from Equinox boarded silhouette today after his vacation and he's amazing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are a few I made working on martini. There were 2 on silhouette working the baltics this summer and one on Equinox. I made means 2nd son. Where I Putu means first born. I have them on my Facebook and both of the guys from silhouette are on vacation, one went today along with Sreejesh and the other a couple of months ago. However supriana I Putu from Equinox boarded silhouette today after his vacation and he's amazing

Very interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got off a 3 day Silhouette cruise on Sunday and my cabin attendant was I Godo and my waiter in Blu was I Gidi. :):):)

BILL

I just got off a 3 day Silhouette cruise on Sunday and my cabin attendant was I Godo and my waiter in Blu was I Gidi. :):):)

BILL

Hey Bill, how are all the Maniacs? Was with you in Jan 2010 on the Serenade. Everybody always looked for your aft cabin when docked. Love all your video reviews. Stay well. Good sailing. Enjoy the Equinox as well.

John and Jen

Hey Bill, how are all the Maniacs? Was with you in Jan 2010 on the Serenade. Everybody always looked for your aft cabin when docked. Love all your video reviews. Stay well. Good sailing. Enjoy the Equinox as well.

John and Jen

Everyone is well, but I am not sure if you ever met Joyce and Jerry...unfortunately, Jerry has passed on.

BILL

I'm on Eclipse. Equonix crew was far superior. A lot of new crew don't know much yet. The WCB will only serve Platinum with premium package PLUS $18 per one oz. only one production show so far this cruise 9 days out. New troupe still practicing. The bars don't refrigerate the water which is served room temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! I just finished reading every single post and loved them all. We will be on this same cruise March 3 and am getting more excited thanks to this thread. It will be our second time on this ship. Thank you again, Steve, for taking us along on your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I luv it when you get excited! lol Thankx for taking the time. I hope you enjoy the equonix as much as I did.

I'm on Eclipse. Equonix crew was far superior. A lot of new crew don't know much yet. The WCB will only serve Platinum with premium package PLUS $18 per one oz. only one production show so far this cruise 9 days out. New troupe still practicing. The bars don't refrigerate the water which is served room temp.

Please explain.

All of the drinks at the World Class Bar are $13 or more which would only fall under the premium package.

What is Platinum and what is $18 per oz.?

It sounds like it would be $31/oz but you get $13 off for the premium package. I don't know what it is, but I'd bet it's good.

I bought my husband a bottle for his birthday.

It's a blended (vs. a single malt) scotch.

It has a smoky flavor.

I didn't like it at all - wouldn't drink it again if it were free. :o

Yes, Concierge Class has a lunch in the Main Dining room, just for them.

BILL

Not true. Lunch in the MDR is open to all passengers. I correct myself. Saw further down the question had to do with embarkation day. Yes, the MDR is open for lunch that day only for CC guests.

Edited by PoppyandNana

No, Thank you for taking the time to plow through the thread. I hope y'all have a fantastic first Equinox experience. The staff and ship were wonderful!

We also just got off the Equinox. One of the best Caribbean and Celebrity cruises we have been on, and that is a lot. ten + times to the Caribbean and 19 on X.

Food in both the MDR and the buffet was outstanding. Entertainment was great especially a jazz group that performed every night. They had the ship rocking and rolling.

Ship is immaculate and constantly being cleaned. I like the fact that they have an attendant in the men's room in the evening who sole job is to keep the restroom spotless despite hundreds of men using the facilities all night long. Really like the hand rolled linen towels. No tacky paper towels or the roar of hand dryers.

Yes, there were signs of cutting back in a number of areas. On balance we feel we got a great product for a reasonable price. 96 more points needed for E+