Disharmony of the Seas

Sounds like Royal Caribbean are having a spot of bother with the new ship , Harmony of the Seas . I think its unfair to sell cruises on a ship that is not finished and has workmen trying to complete the build as you sail.:eek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/28/harmony-of-the-seas-maiden-voyage-to-go-ahead-despite-complaints/

Sounds like Royal Caribbean are having a spot of bother with the new ship , Harmony of the Seas . I think its unfair to sell cruises on a ship that is not finished and has workmen trying to complete the build as you sail.:eek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/28/harmony-of-the-seas-maiden-voyage-to-go-ahead-despite-complaints/

What's the alternative, sell cruises and then cancell them?

Most cruises I've been on there has been some work happening.

I think pretty much every cruise they've been doing carpet.

One they were totally rebuilding some cabins, one one stage was under heavy work.

Not perfect but sometimes the alternative is less palatable.

What's the alternative, sell cruises and then cancell them?

Most cruises I've been on there has been some work happening.

I think pretty much every cruise they've been doing carpet.

One they were totally rebuilding some cabins, one one stage was under heavy work.

Not perfect but sometimes the alternative is less palatable.

We've been on 2 that were just after drydock and then Mariner on the way to Asia and there was some work but apparently nothing like on Harmony. I've been following a live thread and from all accounts, it was billed to them as the inaugural cruise with all the bells and whistles actually working and wasn't cheap. I don't blame the complainers. I think I would be one of them :D Here is the bog of the guy doing the live report.

We've been on 2 that were just after drydock and then Mariner on the way to Asia and there was some work but apparently nothing like on Harmony. I've been following a live thread and from all accounts, it was billed to them as the inaugural cruise with all the bells and whistles actually working and wasn't cheap. I don't blame the complainers. I think I would be one of them :D Here is the bog of the guy doing the live report.

Not sure I blame them either, but can't imagine how it would have been if the cruise was cancelled, I've seen a few threads about that in CC.

It's another case of a no win situation when work isn't finished on time, and that unfortunately happens.

But there normally is a middle ground with these types of situations, as opposed to cancelling the entire cruise.

Contact all passengers, explaining the problems and their likely affect on the cruise.

Offer:

a) Full refund

or

b) Board as planned and receive a partial future cruise credit.

Edited by Tranquility Base

I agree. Shameful. They should at least all get a full refund.

The majority are having a great cruise! I'm sure everyone knew this was an inaugural cruise. You expect ongoing work to be finished during your cruise. If you want a perect

cruise wait 6 months. No refund required.

But there normally is a middle ground with these types of situations, as opposed to cancelling the entire cruise.

Contact all passengers, explaining the problems and their likely affect on the cruise.

Offer:

a) Full refund

or

b) Board as planned and receive a partial future cruise credit.

Yes, agreed, I would have thought either of those options would have been offered, now they will need to do the full refunds in any case. This is much worse than just a shake down cruise.:D

Believe it or not I have a niece and her husband (Wendy and Tony) on Harmony of the Seas right now, Southampton to Southampton. They are Brits from Southend on Sea. They are doing a three day mini cruise on HOS. Not the one subject of the complaints, the one after that. I will try and find out their experiences, they posted on FB from Port de Cherbourg in France. They sailed Thursday evening, think they disembark today.

Edited by NSWP

Believe it or not I have a niece and her husband (Wendy and Tony) on Harmony of the Seas right now, Southampton to Southampton. They are Brits from Southend on Sea. They are doing a three day mini cruise on HOS. Not the one subject of the complaints, the one after that. I will try and find out their experiences, they posted on FB from Port de Cherbourg in France. They sailed Thursday evening, think they disembark today.

I look forward to your report.:D

]

Well, had an E mail from my niece and her husband They are both in their 40's. The niece worked as a ships hairdresser on P&O UK and Fred Olsen 20 odd years ago, so knows her ships.

They did the 3 day mini cruise on HOS last weekend as I reported, this was the one after the shake down cruise which copped the flack on FB and in the Brit press.

They reported that there were still a few workers fixing things on the ship on the weekend, but no big issues there, little inconvenience, most of the kids area was up and running, merry go around etc. Staff were great they said.

They were short of a few alcohol brands in the bars, but it did not affect them. Food was fine and plentiful, no shortages. So overall, a slightly different picture to the impacted cruise before. Having said that they said there were still quite a few whingers at the Pursers desk, the ship was carrying 99% Brits, all ages. They said it was an experience and the ship unique, in one of the bars they had two robots shaking the cocktails.

Edited by NSWP

]

Well, had an E mail from my niece and her husband They are both in their 40's. The niece worked as a ships hairdresser on P&O UK and Fred Olsen 20 odd years ago, so knows her ships.

They did the 3 day mini cruise on HOS last weekend as I reported, this was the one after the shake down cruise which copped the flack on FB and in the Brit press.

They reported that there were still a few workers fixing things on the ship on the weekend, but no big issues there, little inconvenience, most of the kids area was up and running, merry go around etc. Staff were great they said.

They were short of a few alcohol brands in the bars, but it did not affect them. Food was fine and plentiful, no shortages. So overall, a slightly different picture to the impacted cruise before. Having said that they said there were still quite a few whingers at the Pursers desk, the ship was carrying 99% Brits, all ages. They said it was an experience and the ship unique, in one of the bars they had two robots shaking the cocktails.

Thanks Uncle Les.

Thanks Uncle Les.

Good morning and no worries Mr Gut. BTW getting info from those Cunarders is like getting blood from a stone, what old bean? CC shut the dress code topic down because the Cunarders were into each other.

Good morning and no worries Mr Gut. BTW getting info from those Cunarders is like getting blood from a stone, what old bean? CC shut the dress code topic down because the Cunarders were into each other.

Hadn't noticed it was closed down.

But hard to get answers out of here on CC ON cunard's FB page, or from Cunard directly.

Wanted to know if Miss Gut could get Lemon Lime and Bitters, and if so was it covered by the soft drink package, like pulling teeth, and still not sure which answer is right, guess we'll just leave hers till we get on board and see what's what.

But still really looking forward to a little taste.

Hope they aren't too up 'em selves or they'll get a real shock when they come across me. Probably be OK with Mrs a Gut, she's got a bit of couth, unlike her old man.

]

They said it was an experience and the ship unique, in one of the bars they had two robots shaking the cocktails.

Those have been installed since and into each of the Quantum class ships.

It appears they're rolling them out into other new builds as well.

Wasent complaining about the parrot,i love a bit of off-key and eccentricity.

But by the way what the hell is a cocktail robot,seems to be popping up in chat alot.:)

Funnily enough it's a robot that mixes cocktails.:D

Saves wages, but still charge tips.

Go figure.

Funnily enough it's a robot that mixes cocktails.:D

Saves wages, but still charge tips.

Go figure.

O.M.G is that what its coming to.

I actually looked at the big new ship,that can house 5000 odd passengers,with all the bangs and whistles.Its awful,dosent look like a ship.Zip-lines,swings,electronic this and that,now drink-robots etc,etc.I dont see the point,and the demographic they are aiming for is in my opinion not sustainable in the future,so good luck to them.

These new ships actually look top heavy and un-safe in my opinion.(now i said look).Height versus beam and depth.Would hate to see them in a really big sea.

I actually looked at the big new ship,that can house 5000 odd passengers,with all the bangs and whistles.Its awful,dosent look like a ship.Zip-lines,swings,electronic this and that,now drink-robots etc,etc.I dont see the point,and the demographic they are aiming for is in my opinion not sustainable in the future,so good luck to them.

These new ships actually look top heavy and un-safe in my opinion.(now i said look).Height versus beam and depth.Would hate to see them in a really big sea.

I doubt they're unsafe. But not my kettle of fish and I hate to think what a Port like say Picton (pop 4000 about) will feel like with 5000 passengers and maybe 1000 crew descending on it?

]

Sounds like this cruise was the shakedown cruise rather than the previous one.

They are as safe as houses.:rolleyes:

All ships have teething issues when first commissioned, but if the ship wasn't ready to sail they should have postponed the first cruise. Charging top dollar just gets people picking up complaints that may normally slide.