Carnival web site-WORSE and worse!!

riffatsea

I cannot believe what they've done to the web site now!

Beware! The only price they will show you is Early Saver.

In order to find the other prices for cabins you need to click on Early Saver as if you want that and then look on the left side of the next page where it says "edit". IF you click on edit you can see the other price possibilities.

I know that Early Saver is the lowest price and is now offered with a smaller down payment but we don't like it this far out(booking for spring 2018) and it is terrible the difficulty you have seeing all the other prices!!:mad:

I cannot believe what they've done to the web site now!

Beware! The only price they will show you is Early Saver.

In order to find the other prices for cabins you need to click on Early Saver as if you want that and then look on the left side of the next page where it says "edit". IF you click on edit you can see the other price possibilities.

I know that Early Saver is the lowest price and is now offered with a smaller down payment but we don't like it this far out(booking for spring 2018) and it is terrible the difficulty you have seeing all the other prices!!:mad:

Under the box for Early Saver, in small print, there should be a line that says MORE OPTIONS with a little arrow to the left of it. If you click on that, it will pull up the other rates.

Under the box for Early Saver, in small print, there should be a line that says MORE OPTIONS with a little arrow to the left of it. If you click on that, it will pull up the other rates.

Never noticed the change because I've always hit 'more options' automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems to be a hit or miss if I get the new site or the old site. I have tried the edit and the options and it still doesn't show the ship diagram with the cabin choices. I have gotten out of the new site and go back into Carnival and sometimes it brings the old site back up. Not worth the trouble. There are other sites that work better. Shame Carnival can't get a decent website. These last two have been horrible.

If you go to the red box with book now then you will see less options you have to find where it says more options. I used the laptop and figured it out. And then used my phone and kept messing with it till I found a way to make it work. Click on more dates and then find the date you want then click on the room and the price. DO NOT CLICK ON BOOK NOW. One you click on the blue box that has the price it will work the same as the old site from there

Very clearly they deliberately designed the website so it is the early saver fare that you end up booking unless you're very meticulous about checking for other options. That makes sense given how that almost locks you in to taking a cruise eventually.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I just booked....no difficulties. It brings you the lowest price fare up front with a very visible option for 'more options' which shows you every possible rate combintation. If that is difficult it may be the user instead of the site.

Yesterday was the first time I ran into this issue.

I agree that there are lots of work arounds to see more price possibilities but think of new people who have no idea that other prices may exist and so they are funneling everyone to Early Saver. This is really not right! Even though I am a stock holder who is happy that the stock price is booming I don't think this is a very ethical business practice!

I think the root cause of the concerns of many people can be tracked back to the fact that they don't like that they're being treated like customers instead of guests, and perhaps also that as customers they're valued in proportion to how much future revenue they represent. Travel is, to some extent, the fulfilling of one's dreams, and there are those who resent having the reality of business interlope within their dreams.

I think the root cause of the concerns of many people can be tracked back to the fact that they don't like that they're being treated like customers instead of guests, and perhaps also that as customers they're valued in proportion to how much future revenue they represent. Travel is, to some extent, the fulfilling of one's dreams, and there are those who resent having the reality of business interlope within their dreams.

Very well said. Travel is our passion but we also are very aware that our money is everyone else's (from Carnival to the locals in the ports of call) income.

We also live and have lived in a society of buyer beware. My first couple of cruises I always called Carnival and booked after speaking to a human - and still do to this day when our kids travel with us because only a PVP can book them in their own room at 13 and 19. If it is just me and DH I know longer mind booking on line because I know ES vs Past Guest etc.

So in this regard the changes don't bother me. Someone taking a cruise is obligated to know what they are purchasing. I dislike the threads where people come on to complain because their cruise was shortened, cancelled, ports changed etc - anyone who has done their homework knows that comes with cruising. If you want a guarantee, book an AI.

Bottom line - travel is a huge service INDUSTRY and a simple phone call will get you excellent service!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Always thought the site was clunky. Why can't I navigate down to selecting a cabin and on one screen see the complete itinerary, cabin location and price on one screen. I have to believe that many of us shopping for cruises would like a summary that can snapshotted and shared with others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read on another thread and just experienced for myself the new changes in the website. It is very difficult (if not impossible) to book 2 rooms at the same time and select the rooms you want. I had seen the suggestion and was able to find the information I was looking for by going through the steps for each room individually. When I had 2 cabins as my selection there was no "More Choices" option to change type of balcony or price. Very frustrating.

My complaint about the web site has nothing to do with naivete about how corporations work or expecting something unusual from it!

We have stock in Carnival and many other corporations so am well aware of the importance of profit!!

Buyer beware is certainly an important concept but when the buyer is not allowed to see the "merchandise available" and is only shown one price when there are others hidden on the site then that is not a very forthright business practice and some might say it is a tad "shady".

In this age of the computer bad web sites end up with unhappy customers!

I'm not so sure that Early Saver is the default fare shown just to try to get one over on people. If they wanted to do that, wouldn't it be to their benefit to default to the most expensive price? It is a business after all. I think they do it because, more often than not, ES is the cheapest price and for those who are comparing Carnival to other lines, Carnival wants their best fare front & center. They're well known for being affordable, so they want that to show.

What this poster said.

lennythenose: yes, you are correct. Carnival in their new website in no way allows the guest to book 2 or more rooms at the same time where you can choose the locations and rooms for yourself. Carnival, it appears, has their computer only show you 4 options which they tell you what is best for you. (not!) There is no way to book the rooms you want on the floors you want now when booking 2 or more rooms at the same time without having to call Carnival. ( Or book each room individually and hope that the 2nd, 3rd... rooms are still available when you get to it) If someone has found a workaround, I'm all ears...