On Celebrity Infinity now _any questions?

TeeRick

DF and myself will be boarding the Infinity in San Diego for the Pacific Coastal leg. Can you tell me some info on Capt Club Elite party. Are vouchers being used on this cruise? How is the live music in the lounges. Service in MDR?

Are you having a great time???

So far we are having an awesome time. I would describe the ship as an elegant lady. It is not new but in really great shape. I'm not sure why some complain but everything is well maintained. Service has been outstanding. We are in a Celebrity Suite and Luminae has been awesome.

I have a million questions but I have to go to work, lol.

How much is it to purchase the Wi-Fi? Are you taking and posting photos? If so, I would like to see the buffet and the outside movie area, please.

Enjoy your cruise! Wish I was there!

The Xcelerate WiFi for 15 days is $199. Since we are Elite members we paid $139. I will try to post some photos. Outside movie area on the Terrace on deck 12 is quite nice - it is crowded during the day as people use it as a sun deck taking advantage of the padded comfortable lounge chairs.

We were told you would have a late boarding because of sanitation of ship. Did that actually happen?

They let everybody check in and we waited inside the terminal in the AC. They did not let us on the ship until around 1PM - which is what their email told us several days before. They did some extra cleaning of the cabins so we did not get into them until after 2PM. The ship departed port 2 hours late at 6:30pm. There was not a large scale norovirus outbreak on the previous cruise but a few people complained of GI illness so they took precautions.

What are dimensions of the balconies?

How long are the shows and what are they?

How is the movie on roof? Do they do each night and what do they show? Snacks/drinks/fee??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Balconies depend on your type of cabin. You should be able to find out from the deck plans here on cruise critic. We have been only two nights but both shows have been excellent with a classic broadway singer (Josh Young) the first night - he has been Tony-nominated. Second night was more of a rhythm and blues singer also quite good. About 50 mins. We have not seen the Celebrity singers and dancers yet as they are a brand new cast for this cruise. The movie on the terrace has a menu for food and drink items. A selection from $5 to $10. We have not tried it yet.

DF and myself will be boarding the Infinity in San Diego for the Pacific Coastal leg. Can you tell me some info on Capt Club Elite party. Are vouchers being used on this cruise? How is the live music in the lounges. Service in MDR?

We are going to the CC Elite party tonight so I will let you know. No drink vouchers on this cruise. There are no Zeniths and not too many elite and elite+. We are in a CS so we have mostly been in Michael's Club which is not at all crowded. We have not dined in the MDR - just Luminae - which has been superb. We are going to Q-sine tonight.

We are going to the CC Elite party tonight so I will let you know. No drink vouchers on this cruise. There are no Zeniths and not too many elite and elite+. We are in a CS so we have mostly been in Michael's Club which is not at all crowded. We have not dined in the MDR - just Luminae - which has been superb. We are going to Q-sine tonight.

Hi, in which CS are you? We will be in CS 7140 onboard the Infinity to Alsaka at the end of May. I would love to see some photos of the CS. And when do the shows usually start?

Thanks and enjoy your cruise. :)

Edited by Chrissi3010

I'm anxious to hear your review at the end of the cruise. We are going to be in one of the Royal Suites in September. I know they renovated them. If you do a cabin crawl, I'd like to hear your impression.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will be on Infinity April 2, 2017 for a west bound Panama Canal cruise - and also in a CS - 6104. :D Realizing that only the PH's & RS's got touched up on the last refurb - how is the condition of your CS? I'm fearful that they are shabby in comparison.

I look forward to your review and any tips on the ship or excursions that you want to pass along!!!! Enjoy your cruise.

last time we were on the infinity the furniture in the lounge where they ballroom dance was atrocious and old has it been replaced as well as the bar stools

do they still have the speciality lunch stations in the back of the ship

thanks carol

Hi TeeRick - thanks for fielding questions while you are in transit.

My first cruise was through the Panama Canal - it was supposed to be on Infinity, but she developed a mechanical problem so we were on Millennium instead. Still hope to sail on Infinity some day.

We will be on the Summit in just a few weeks and are contemplating booking a Fall, 2017 cruise while onboard. If you have the opportunity would you mind seeing what On-Board Booking promotions are being offered. On past cruises we've gotten a lower deposit and some extra OBC to apply to the future cruise, but I'm reading that the policy may have changed - the OBC must be used immediately and the deposit may be nonrefundable if you have to cancel.

Any information would be most appreciated.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the canal passage. Kay

I appreciate you taking the time to do this! We will be on the next cruise in a Royal Suite and we are really looking forward to it!

I'm REALLY glad to hear the xcelerate internet is up and running! Was on the Oasis of the Seas and really loved having quasi normal internet access. Could you post the speeds you are getting? Also, is the access pretty consistent across the ship?

Happy to hear you like Luminae! Have you gone there for breakfast and lunch at all? If you could post a picture of a menu and the area that'd be appreciated! Have you experienced any must have items?

Here's one that some may find strange but I'm a HUGE Cleveland Cavaliers fan. Are the NBA playoff games being televised?

For the person who asked about the RS. I plan on posting a video and pictures of the remodeled RS as all that's on Youtube now are older. So you'll get a video tour in less than 2 weeks.

Again, thank you for doing this and we are looking forward to hearing about your cruise!

Enjoy!!!

Chris

Hi, are the drinks packages worth it? If possible, photos of drinks menus in regard to the packages. Doing the Panama cruise next April on the Infinity... First cruise out of USA - all the way from New Zealand[emoji2] Will also love to know about foreign currency for port visits - cash, card, etc? Replies can wait until you are back from cruising. Safe travels and enjoy[emoji106][emoji322]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, in which CS are you? We will be in CS 7140 onboard the Infinity to Alsaka at the end of May. I would love to see some photos of the CS. And when do the shows usually start?

Thanks and enjoy your cruise. :)

We are in 8106 starboard side. Shows are at 7 and 9 PM.

We are in 8106 starboard side. Shows are at 7 and 9 PM.

Thanks for offering to answer questions about Infinity.

Know someone else has asked about staff on board; perhaps you did not see that post.

Can you kindly provide name of Captain, Staff Captain, Hotel Director, GRM, Captain's Club Host, Cruise Director.

Many thanks.

We will be on Infinity April 2, 2017 for a west bound Panama Canal cruise - and also in a CS - 6104. :D Realizing that only the PH's & RS's got touched up on the last refurb - how is the condition of your CS? I'm fearful that they are shabby in comparison.

I look forward to your review and any tips on the ship or excursions that you want to pass along!!!! Enjoy your cruise.

Our CS is quite nice (8106) and we love it! I would never call it shabby. Nor is it new. Overall I would say very good condition. A few things to note: The sofa has cushions that have been well used over the years so a little soft. Bathroom and bedroom - no complaints at all. Bed is very comfortable. Plenty of storage and closet area. One thing to note is that if you are very tall the tub is raised and you might hit your head on the ceiling if taking a shower. I'm 6ft and I would say there is only another 2" above my head. It is a bit tricky climbing in and out in the small space in front of the toilet. But that is all design issue and has nothing to do with condition. Also there is actually no electrical outlet at all in the bathroom.