Average MDR attire?

When we first started cruising guys were mostly wearing suits to dinner and tuxes for formal night and ladies were wearing nice dresses to dinner and real fancy ones to formal night. Were hoping to go more casual on this cruise, but don't want to be the under dressed ones that stick out either. The rules were pretty vague, collared shirt and pants without holes.

When we first started cruising guys were mostly wearing suits to dinner and tuxes for formal night and ladies were wearing nice dresses to dinner and real fancy ones to formal night. Were hoping to go more casual on this cruise, but don't want to be the under dressed ones that stick out either. The rules were pretty vague, collared shirt and pants without holes.

Yes, Cowboy, things have changed and will be much more casual than you remember.

I'll only speak for myself. On formal nights I either wear a suit or shirt and tie with slacks. Other nights I will wear a short sleeve shirt with collar and black jeans. Mrs. Yogimax always dresses much nicer than I do!:)

I started cruising in 1975 and everyone was dressed men had jacket and tie everyday, glad we do not do that, but I still have Tux on formal even though I may be one in 10 that do. You will see a very wide range of what people wear on any given night.

We sail out of Galveston a lot. On non-formal nights jeans or khakis with a casual top (button up or knit pullover) is the norm. On formal nights, maybe half or a bit more will wear a tux, suit or sports coat. Nothing wrong with a nice pair of slacks and shirt. The only thing still not readily accepted at dinner is shorts. It will come, but not yet.

Yes, Cowboy, things have changed and will be much more casual than you remember.

I'll only speak for myself. On formal nights I either wear a suit or shirt and tie with slacks. Other nights I will wear a short sleeve shirt with collar and black jeans. Mrs. Yogimax always dresses much nicer than I do!:)

Glad to hear of the changes, it makes packing much lighter and easier! Thanks!

I started cruising in 1975 and everyone was dressed men had jacket and tie everyday, glad we do not do that, but I still have Tux on formal even though I may be one in 10 that do. You will see a very wide range of what people wear on any given night.

I'll see what she wants to do for formal night. It's the only time we get a decent picture of us together (even though one of us always seems to have their eyes closed). Nice to have the option to dress either way. Thanks for the reply!

We sail out of Galveston a lot. On non-formal nights jeans or khakis with a casual top (button up or knit pullover) is the norm. On formal nights, maybe half or a bit more will wear a tux, suit or sports coat. Nothing wrong with a nice pair of slacks and shirt. The only thing still not readily accepted at dinner is shorts. It will come, but not yet.

This will be our first cruise out of Galveston. It will be nice and close since we're in San Antonio now. Glad to hear it's not down to shorts in the dining room yet.

I'll see what she wants to do for formal night. It's the only time we get a decent picture of us together (even though one of us always seems to have their eyes closed). Nice to have the option to dress either way. Thanks for the reply!

I like the job they do with the formal pictures, I like it even better since if your diamond its free

I like the job they do with the formal pictures, I like it even better since if your diamond its free

Free? Nice. We really liked Royal when we took it. It just never seemed to work out that it was leaving from where we were after that. So glad they have a port in Galveston. We were looking at the drink card deals. Do those cover lattes and frapachinnos (sp) too?

Mainly long pants, collared shirt for men. Women in capris, sundresses....stuff like that.

That's about right. First night on board, it was shorts and sleeveless blouses. But, every other night, it was nice jeans or khakis with Polo shirts for men, sun dresses, pants and blouses for women.

It is MUCH easier to pack. My Anthem cruise in December I took only carry-on luggage...no extra luggage fees.

So our far-away relatives remember what we look like, we sometimes have pictures done on formal night on a cruise. But the professional photo staff vary in their competence or are rushed, so sometimes the *one shot* they took still has eyes closed, etc.

So when we plan to take formal night pics, we start a little early and visit several of the photo sites around the Centrum*, getting pictures by several different photographers. That way we can really choose the best ones (hey, they're expensive).

*Forget about standing on the stairs!! Way too busy a background & you'll become invisible by comparison.

Edited by sofietucker

So our far-away relatives remember what we look like, we sometimes have pictures done on formal night on a cruise. But the professional photo staff vary in their competence or are rushed, so sometimes the *one shot* they took still has eyes closed, etc.

So when we plan to take formal night pics, we start a little early and visit several of the photo sites around the Centrum*, getting pictures by several different photographers. That way we can really choose the best ones (hey, they're expensive).

*Forget about standing on the stairs!! Way too busy a background & you'll become invisible by comparison.

We will take a few different ones and hope for a good picture or two out of them all. Someone always doesn't like one picture for a reason or another.

What is the dress code for lunch and breakfast in the MDR? I'm glad to hear the first night is more relaxed! I'm bringing formal clothing for my family but do not want to stuff it into my carry on! Too much to carry especially when you add shoes, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What is the dress code for lunch and breakfast in the MDR? I'm glad to hear the first night is more relaxed! I'm bringing formal clothing for my family but do not want to stuff it into my carry on! Too much to carry especially when you add shoes, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No bathing suits, no tank tops on guys. everything else basically fine