I've HAD IT with Royal Caribbean!!!

Eve

I have no idea what they heck is going on at RCCL lately, but I've HAD IT. First of all, their website is in complete shambles. I've logged on to find that my PAID FOR reservation is not showing up. I log off and log back on again, and voila, there it is. Dinner reservations that I've made and paid for are gone. Only to reappear sometimes--not all the time. Forget shore excursions. I can't even log into the program to reserve those.

Dynamic Dining? They can keep it. I want to enjoy my vacation, not schedule every minute of it.

Reserving at a speciality restaurant? The reservation says "$0" for Sabor. Great. Only after reading these boards do I find out that I'll have to pay when I get onboard. OK. That's fine. But could you please TELL me that on the reservation page so I can plan accordingly??

But today was the last straw. I called RCCL to request luggage tags. The agent told me that effective March 1, 2010 there is a $5 fee for luggage tags because everything is online now and I should print my own. I have cruised RCCL since 2010. NOT ONCE have I been charged for luggage tags.

I'm done. If this cruise wasn't non-refundable at this point, I'd cancel. Royal needs to get their act together FAST if they want to retain their client base. I'm a Diamond member, not new to cruising. I'm watching the decline in customer service, and I'm darn angry about it.

I have no idea what they heck is going on at RCCL lately, but I've HAD IT. First of all, their website is in complete shambles. I've logged on to find that my PAID FOR reservation is not showing up. I log off and log back on again, and voila, there it is. Dinner reservations that I've made and paid for are gone. Only to reappear sometimes--not all the time. Forget shore excursions. I can't even log into the program to reserve those.

Dynamic Dining? They can keep it. I want to enjoy my vacation, not schedule every minute of it.

Reserving at a speciality restaurant? The reservation says "$0" for Sabor. Great. Only after reading these boards do I find out that I'll have to pay when I get onboard. OK. That's fine. But could you please TELL me that on the reservation page so I can plan accordingly??

But today was the last straw. I called RCCL to request luggage tags. The agent told me that effective March 1, 2010 there is a $5 fee for luggage tags because everything is online now and I should print my own. I have cruised RCCL since 2010. NOT ONCE have I been charged for luggage tags.

I'm done. If this cruise wasn't non-refundable at this point, I'd cancel. Royal needs to get their act together FAST if they want to retain their client base. I'm a Diamond member, not new to cruising. I'm watching the decline in customer service, and I'm darn angry about it.

You are a Diamond member and didnt know about the luggage tags? Only suites and Pinnacle members get luggage tags mailed out for free now. But thanks for letting me know you can buy them for 5.00. I think I will go ahead and order mine now as I like the old luggage tags better than the ones you have to print out now. Plus it was exciting getting them in the mail :)

I do agree though. Their website and IT department is a complete joke. Customer service seems to becoming a thing of the past on the phone and onboard and it seems they are raising the price on everything.

Send your vent to them :) Im sure someone has the CEO's email address. Its tossed around here all the time.

Just did the Oasis a couple of weeks ago. Savor is ala carte pricing, you pay at the end of your meal. We did lunch there and the food was really good.

As for Luggage tags, they are complimentary for Grand Suite and above - that may be the difference that you are seeing now.

As for luggage tags, you haven't been able to get them in the mail for years unless you are in a suite.

If you cruise on Celebrity, they send you printed luggage tags in the mail.

You must not have sailed on Royal Caribbean for a few years.

I am sorry that you are disappointed, but you try and not let the little things bother you.

I am a little perplexed. On one hand you say they can keep Dynamic dining as you don't want to schedule, yet you are now complaining that your dinner reservations that you have made and paid for are missing. Isn't that scheduling?

I am confused why you booked a ship that has DD if that is not suited to your likes. I would have recommended a different ship that still offers MTD or traditional dining if that is more to your taste.

And yes, we have had numerous issues, especially last year, with their website and bookings and spent several hours on phone resolving. Pain, yes, but is it going to stop me from going on a ship I know we will all enjoy? NO!!!!!

Like others say, no luggage tags for ages, unless staying in GS or above.

For your shore excursions, I suggest you call the C&A desk and they can make the reservations for you.

Dont Pinnacle members also get the luggage tags?

Also, this is the first Ive heard of us being able to purchase them?

Yes, Pinnacle and GS and above suites get them mailed free. I knew you could also order tags from RCI for a fee (if you were not P or GS+) but last I heard that fee was $35. :confused:

Wow! Took my first cruise last week (March 7-14) on Oasis. Had a very good time and have my second one scheduled for Allure next year. The unfortunate part is that this type of whining and nonsense from the seasoned cruisers seems to be more commonplace than I'd like. Really? THEY'RE LUGGAGE TAGS!!!

$5 sounds like a bargain. :confused:

Agreed. If this is the case, Im ordering mine today. I liked the old luggage tags and 5.00 is very reasonable I think. I have never heard of this.

Wondering what # to call? The regular 800#? Crown and Anchor?

Yes Pinnacle get them free as well.

I normally print my own when not staying in GS or above, as we only take one large case if possible so don't need lots of tags. I understand when you check in there is somewhere where you can request to purchase them. Perhaps someone else can tell you exactly where if you are interested. I thought it was $35 so to be honest hadn't really looked into, just heard about it!!!

yes pinnacle members do. what PSU should have said in his/her post (post #5). gold sea pass card holders get luggage tags"

I wouldn't concern myself over luggage tags, I will either print them out or get at the pier. Once on board they get pulled off anyway by us when they get to our room. I do agree, that I am not keen on having to figure months away from sailing, where we might be dining, but as of yet not had to worry about it because we haven't been on the Oasis Class. If we choose to, then I will plan for it.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Wow! Took my first cruise last week (March 7-14) on Oasis. Had a very good time and have my second one scheduled for Allure next year. The unfortunate part is that this type of whining and nonsense from the seasoned cruisers seems to be more commonplace than I'd like. Really? THEY'RE LUGGAGE TAGS!!!

...and you will on your second Cruise. Not all Cruisers are whiners. But I guess that's their prerogative.

Edited by davekathy

I don't want to trivialize the OP's complaints and I can see their frustration but we always wait to board before making any reservations. The one time we made MTD reservations, they were gone when we got on the ship. We ended up with a better time than originally booked. After that we stopped making any reservations for MTD and have never had to wait.

I'm confused also about the not scheduling the vacation and DD. Speciality rest. And MDR are set times. Shore excursions are set times. Shows are set times. Your whole cruise is set times unless you do nothing and never eat.

Agreed. If this is the case, Im ordering mine today. I liked the old luggage tags and 5.00 is very reasonable I think. I have never heard of this.

Wondering what # to call? The regular 800#? Crown and Anchor?

Let us know the response.

If I were you, I would switch to Carnival. I've heard so many good things about the quality of their operation.;)

Sorry you've had some frustration. Hopefully the cruise itself will be frustration-free, and you'll have a great vacation. The individual issues don't sound so bad, really, but when several little things pile up, it can really be aggravating. We all need to vent from time to time. :)

This complaint confuses me.

How does someone who regularly sails this line not know about a change that took place 5 years ago?

How does someone who hates something get mad when they can't do the thing they hate?

I've got more questions than answers in this thread.

luggage tags? Really. It was a sticker????

I actually found on amazon these plastic cruise ship luggage tags made for royal caribbean tags. they are sturdy and come with a plastic strap. I think it was a set of 6 or 8 or something. You just go online and print out your thing. Fold it and insert it into the plastic pouch on the tag. It works great ... more than five bucks but you can use them over and over again, and no fear of getting ripped off like the stickers of the past.

I would not worry to much about the drink price increase. I think when the bar services manager notices the drop in revenue they will either reduce prices or I think we will probably see some really crazy drink package offers on day two to try to boost their revenue. Remember, alcohol is a huge revenue source for the ships and if they are not making their quotas, they will surely address this issue.