Becoming Elite Plus onboard

carefree lady

Will I need to wait for my next cruise to have the points awarded? I am only 20 points short of elite plus. This cruise will give me the points.

Yes, the points credit AFTER a cruise, not per night.

Harris

Denver, CO

A few Celebrity cruises ago I was 5 points from Elite and I went to the Captains Club host and did not get anywhere. Oh well...

If they awarded points on a daily basis I would have turned Zenith on the 3rd day of a 15 day TA cruise. The rules are the rules and at least in this case all are treated equally. Wish they would be consistent in enforcing other policies.

If you talk nice to the Captains Club hostess, she MAY give you some Plus perks for the last few days.

Nope, it won't --- and shouldn't --- happen. Wouldn't be fair or right. Most of us make the next tier during a cruise. We all wait until the next cruise. If I'm remembering correctly, we had ONE point to elite plus a few cruises ago. We kept our elite perks that entire cruise which was just fine, and then the next cruise we got elite plus.

If you think about it, virtually everbody who is moving from one level to another attains the required number of points during a cruise. The odds are very slim that anyone gets the final point on the final day of a cruise. So everyone has to wait until the next cruise to see the new level.

If I'm Diamond + on Royal Caribbean' date=' does that make me Elite + on Celebrity? Thank you.[/quote']

No, sorry. You will only be Elite. It only goes up to Elite and Diamond. I am Elite+ and when I sail RCCL I can only be Diamond.

If I want to be Diamond+ I have to earn all those points on RCCL. DH & I only have 42 RCCL points so we need 133 more to be Diamond +.

Alas I too reached Elite 3 days into a 14 day cruise..... it's a bit annoying but like with most things there has to be a cut off point somewhere. I just hope there is no more goal post changing before my next cruise.

Can you just imagine the processing and work to change a status mid cruise!!!. many folks per cruise adds up. It was enough of a process when we changed on a B 2B
You have to keep in mind that those that feel they are entitled, could probably care less about how much trouble it is for the crew member.

Alas I too reached Elite 3 days into a 14 day cruise..... it's a bit annoying but like with most things there has to be a cut off point somewhere. I just hope there is no more goal post changing before my next cruise.

That has always been the policy and clearly stated on the web site.

You have to keep in mind that those that feel they are entitled, could probably care less about how much trouble it is for the crew member.

Yes .. there are many ' entitled people' on a cruise . Some should be ashamed at how they treat crew members