Transportation from fll to hotel to allure

Your last sentence might have got cut off, but your hotel may have a shuttle for both cases. Also search the home ports section of CC as there will many answers to that question. Uber might also be an option.

Thought of doing uber but family of 4 with suitcases might be tight. And don't want to worry about all the other passengers fighting to get there and back

Just off Allure a few weeks ago, Uber XL (download the app on your phone). Private Escalade - fantastic service, even an Uber waiting area. They were lined up and we waited 30 seconds for our car.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off Allure a few weeks ago, Uber XL (download the app on your phone). Private Escalade - fantastic service, even an Uber waiting area. They were lined up and we waited 30 seconds for our car.

Where is the uber pickup area at FLL, easy to find? Do you just go there and use the app and find the car it matches you with if it's already there?

A few years back I did a cruise out of FLL - and found a hotel nearby that offered FREE pickup at the airport - to their hotel - and then to the cruise ship the next day. Seriously, I am not kidding, it was FREE. You may want to check with the hotel you are staying in, or do a search for hotels that offer the service. As to not "advertise", I won't give the hotel away - as I believe they now charge a nominal fee for the service - but if I were looking again - I'd been looking for a hotel service.

A few years back I did a cruise out of FLL - and found a hotel nearby that offered FREE pickup at the airport - to their hotel - and then to the cruise ship the next day. Seriously, I am not kidding, it was FREE. You may want to check with the hotel you are staying in, or do a search for hotels that offer the service. As to not "advertise", I won't give the hotel away - as I believe they now charge a nominal fee for the service - but if I were looking again - I'd been looking for a hotel service.

Agree. However, many of the hotels have free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel but charge to go to the cruise port - usually around $10 per person.

Often use hotel shuttle from airport to the hotel, but grab a cab in the morning. Most hotels are in the $15-20 cab fare average from the port, so cheaper than paying hotel shuttle if you have two people or more. You also don't have to wait for shuttle to board, etc.

Where is the uber pickup area at FLL, easy to find? Do you just go there and use the app and find the car it matches you with if it's already there?

It's incredibly easy. Once out of baggage claim turn right and sign right there. Uber, private car service, etc. if you ask any worker will point you right there. Super easy.

Once you have your baggage, request car in Uber app. Pick Uber XL for larger SUV car. Right away you will see car and driver and can watch the car arrive on Uber app. Driver has

Your name from app and you have their name and phone.

First time I used it I was a bit nervous but now use it exclusively for work and personal. So so easy and an Uber XL will be considerably less expensive than a service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The car will not already be there; Uber cars cannot park and wait near the terminal; there's a waiting area nearby for them.

It's incredibly easy. Once out of baggage claim turn right and sign right there. Uber, private car service, etc. if you ask any worker will point you right there. Super easy.

FLL actually has 4 separate terminals with 4 separate pick up areas. For some, you may find yourself turning left instead of right. Depends on where the designated Uber spot is for that particular terminal. Either way, just look for signs or look for the taxi stand and ask the person working there.

I was on Allure a week ago flying down to FLL from NY. I used UberXL with 3 people and a lot of luggage.

Commercial pickup area at FLL is within 50 yards of any terminal.

I had an Explorer, a Durango and a Tahoe pick us up on the 3 legs and there was more than enough room for our luggage. You should be fine with 4 people. For 6 adults and 3 kids you'll need 2 UberXL's.

Uber was cheaper than arranged transportation from hotel to port. But some hotels have a free shuttle from airport to hotel.

Pickup for Uber coming from port is right where you get out of customs. Very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You didn't say what hotel you were staying at. We stayed at the Rennaissance on 17th Ave and used a Budget rental car to get from the airport to the hotel and to use for getting around pre-cruise. They have a Budget office right across the parking lot from the hotel and Budget offers a free shuttle to the terminal. Short drive on the shuttle to the cruise port.

This isn't an option for everybody but if you rent a car it's an option. No extra charge for dropping off at a different location.