Host Andy Sails Oasis of the Seas (Review Added 7/29/15)

BEAV

I was over on the RCCL boards and noticed a post from our Host Andy that he's sailing on Oasis tomorrow.

Andy, have a wonderful week aboard Oasis. We sailed her a couple years ago and loved every minute. Such a fun and diverse ship.

Bon Voyage! ;)

Shhhhh... Andy is acting as Maxwell Smart on a reconnaissance mission for us at the Celebrity forum. He has been requested to enter the Cone of Silence when he returns to inform Celebrity cruisers on the skinny of RCL cruising.

I wonder if he's taking Agent 99 along.......? :D

Oops, he prefers 007.

No way ! I'm a HUGE Get Smart fan ! Even have the boxed complete series set !

Who couldn't love the antics of agent 86 and 99 ? Sorry about that :)

I was over on the RCCL boards and noticed a post from our Host Andy that he's sailing on Oasis tomorrow.

Andy, have a wonderful week aboard Oasis. We sailed her a couple years ago and loved every minute. Such a fun and diverse ship.

Bon Voyage! ;)

Thank you Beav for thinking of me.

It's kind of interesting, in that when we sail on Celebrity, we feel like we know every inch of the ship. On Oasis, I didn't spend a great deal of time researching the ship - and that was on purpose... as I wanted to experience everything Oasis has to offer, like it's a surprise. The only thing I did in advance, was to book the shows, and a couple of Specialty Dining (Chops & Izumi).

While we totally love Celebrity, it should be fun to try a new experience.

By the way, I'm purchasing the unlimited Internet package, so I will be around, and keeping an eye out for alerts.

Question for my Celebrity friends.... Would you like me to post some updates while onboard ? I don't see how it's possible to "compare" any Celebrity ship to Oasis, but I'd be happy to share my insights.

Please let me know. Thanks everyone !

Edited by Host Andy

Question for my Celebrity friends.... Would you like me to post some updates while onboard ? I don't see how it's possible to "compare" any Celebrity ship to Oasis, but I'd be happy to share my insights.

Am I your friend? I would love for you to post updates since I'm considering trying RCL and would love that type of comparison from a regular Celebrity cruiser viewpoint.

What is that? Are they only on Oasis or any RCCL ship?

Hi CruisingChick,

It's a reportedly *awesome* roast beef sandwich - Im unsure if it's on All RCCL ships, but it's definitely on the Oasis class. I will be having my first one, at about 1 pm tomorrow :)

Here's a cool video about the Kummelweck sandwich. http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/304/a-sensational-sandwich-royal-caribbeans-kummelweck-tantalizes-guests/#ooid=IwZWkwODq4F83hro2RPof-7V4ZWjUB40

Host Andy is all set .... I gave him the 411 on the Kummelweck sandwich :D

Enjoy your cruise! Makes sure you take in the Aqua Show.

Thank you again, for all of your great information on the RCCL thread. I suspect the Kummelweck, will be one of my favorite sandwiches over the next 7 days - will definitely let you know.

We do plan to see the Aqua show - hope they have an area for us to sit with Mom, who uses a mobility scooter.

Hi CruisingChick,

It's a reportedly *awesome* roast beef sandwich - Im unsure if it's on All RCCL ships, but it's definitely on the Oasis class. I will be having my first one, at about 1 pm tomorrow :)

Here's a cool video about the Kummelweck sandwich. http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/304/a-sensational-sandwich-royal-caribbeans-kummelweck-tantalizes-guests/#ooid=IwZWkwODq4F83hro2RPof-7V4ZWjUB40

Thanks Andy, if you could find out if they have them On Liberty. We are sailing on her in October.

I will be thinking about you at 1 PM tomorrow.

Thanks for the link to the video.

Don't eat TOO much. LOL.

Andy

we enjoyed Giovanni's table...it offers nice family dining..... also the solarium cafe at night ....a nice surprise...nice menu, tablecloth service, etc...

Enjoy!

Although in the last few years we have been almost exclusively Celebrity we have many happy RCCL memories. As others have said enjoy the Aqua show and giovannis table is a really nice relaxing meal.

If I am perfectly honest though the one thing I loved on the Oasis class was the roundabout. Every evening I would have a nice meal, a few very nice drinks in the two story conceirge lounge and then have a turn on the roundabout. The bear was my favourite character. I really didn't care what I looked like in my formal dress riding side saddle I loved it!! Age is in the mind, not the body!

Have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you Beav for thinking of me.

It's kind of interesting, in that when we sail on Celebrity, we feel like we know every inch of the ship. On Oasis, I didn't spend a great deal of time researching the ship - and that was on purpose... as I wanted to experience everything Oasis has to offer, like it's a surprise. The only thing I did in advance, was to book the shows, and a couple of Specialty Dining (Chops & Izumi).

While we totally love Celebrity, it should be fun to try a new experience.

By the way, I'm purchasing the unlimited Internet package, so I will be around, and keeping an eye out for alerts.

Please let me know. Thanks everyone !

Yes please. :D. We've never been on the big ships.....looking forward to your updates.

Will you be starting a new thread?

Be sure to go to the back of Deck 11 (I think). There is a great outdoor viewing area of the wake and all the activities going on at the diving pool. It's kind of a hidden small viewing area and very relaxing. It is a great place to view the water show if you do not have tickets for the seating area.