dearth of river cruise reviews

sunsetme

I took same itinerary on Avalon different ship. If you need information about the optional tours I might be able to help.

Would love anything to can throw my way! Do you still have your daily newsletters????

Would love anything to can throw my way! Do you still have your daily newsletters????

Sorry no. But I did take several of the optional tours if that would help and we spent two nights post cruise in Amsterdam

We have done 5 river cruises:

Moscow to St. Petersburg

Monte Carlo to Paris (Rhone River)

Columbia River

Budapest to Amsterdam

Xmas cruise on the Danube

All were done with Vantage, except the Columbia River cruise

If you go to our website, you can read about them

http://www.stevekathytravels.com

Edited by Talisker92

I took same itinerary on Avalon different ship. If you need information about the optional tours I might be able to help.

My current dilemma... Do Anne Frank House during our limited time ahead of boarding or take the optional excursion.... But is this even worth it (all gals who were little girls will struggle with this) have not gotten online tick yet. Or does this interfere with something much more worth while???? Silly questions I know?

My current dilemma... Do Anne Frank House during our limited time ahead of boarding or take the optional excursion.... But is this even worth it (all gals who were little girls will struggle with this) have not gotten online tick yet. Or does this interfere with something much more worth while???? Silly questions I know?

Do you know how much the optional excursion will cost, and if it includes anything else? We booked two tickets for the extended 30-minute program and it was $32 with the exchange rate a couple weeks ago (around $1.10).

The Avalon price is more but that is not an issue. I am trying to organized my limited time in Amsterdam and with such a small window the Avalon option may just be better option. Do you know what other excursions Avalon's AF visit conflicted with???

I did a review of an ocean line cruise I did a couple of years back. Although the review was quite extensive, CC rejected it, and came back with a long list of additional items that they wanted to appear in the review. I didn't follow up. It is much simpler to come to these pages and give one thoughts, opinions, and our own "review" on the various segments of a cruise than trying to meet CC's moving target of what they want in a review. Perhaps CC should put out a format, much like some college English class, on everything they want to appear in their sanctioned reviews, along with how they are to appear.

Wow. I've never had a problem with my "official" reviews being rejected, and they've varied in format.

I posted an official review from my Christmas Market cruise in December and once it was posted by CC, I added the URL to the threads I had posted with my review in this forum.

The Avalon price is more but that is not an issue. I am trying to organized my limited time in Amsterdam and with such a small window the Avalon option may just be better option. Do you know what other excursions Avalon's AF visit conflicted with???

We have two days in Amsterdam before the cruise and I don't think Uniworld offers Anne Frank as an option so we booked it ourselves. Right now we don't have a lot on our list other than probably booking a walking or bicycling tour.

I'd make up a list of your must-sees and determine if you can get them all in on your own. If you don't have extra time, then I'd go with the Avalon tour--it sounds like for peace of mind that might be your best bet. Possibly someone else has information on what else is offered that day.

I know logistically it's not feasible, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes we didn't have to choose between excursions! Too bad they all can't be offered morning and afternoon so you can do both.

I would like to comment on "Dearth of River Cruise Reviews". Not only that! There is a dearth of readers and commenters. Look how some of us need to beg to get people to respond to our Roll Calls. Some people put a lot of time during and after our trips to be able to write detailed reviews. It ends up being a labor of love, and I wouldn't do it if I didn't thoroughly enjoy it. But I have to say that sometimes I feel that, for the most part, we always hear from the same 6 or 7 posters. I wish we had more contributors so we can all learn more. And the only way we are going to get an active roll call going is if we all go on the same cruise. Can you imagine that? A bunch of active Cruise Critic contributors agreeing, disagreeing, arguing, discussing, giving their opinions, etc.? We wouldn't hear the end of it!

I would like to comment on "Dearth of River Cruise Reviews". Not only that! There is a dearth of readers and commenters. Look how some of us need to beg to get people to respond to our Roll Calls. Some people put a lot of time during and after our trips to be able to write detailed reviews. It ends up being a labor of love, and I wouldn't do it if I didn't thoroughly enjoy it. But I have to say that sometimes I feel that, for the most part, we always hear from the same 6 or 7 posters. I wish we had more contributors so we can all learn more. And the only way we are going to get an active roll call going is if we all go on the same cruise. Can you imagine that? A bunch of active Cruise Critic contributors agreeing, disagreeing, arguing, discussing, giving their opinions, etc.? We wouldn't hear the end of it!

You better be a real "shrink." Even then it will take years of group to approach agreement on what line to travel! :rolleyes: :D