Final statement not delivered

Sunday, we just got off our 1st HAL cruise on the Oosterdam. We expected a final statement delivered to our stateroom, as it has been done on the other cruise lines we have sailed with. When we woke up, nothing was outside our cabin in the morning of disembarkation. We did not have time to go ask for one because we were scheduled on an early departure to FCO.

Does anyone know how we can obtain a copy of our statement now?

Does HAL not usually deliver them to the staterooms?

Sunday, we just got off our 1st HAL cruise on the Oosterdam. We expected a final statement delivered to our stateroom, as it has been done on the other cruise lines we have sailed with. When we woke up, nothing was outside our cabin in the morning of disembarkation. We did not have time to go ask for one because we were scheduled on an early departure to FCO.

One way to get a copy of your final bill for any cruise is to fill out an email form on the HAL website

http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Main.action

if the link doesn't work, go to the bottom of the HAL home page and click on "Contact Us", Then on the left click on "Email Us".

When you get to the form, one of the options for the topic line is

"Onboard Bill Questions/Request a copy"

BTW, you can use this for any completed cruise.

For a just completed cruise it will most likely take a few days to load the information to the main computer system

Edited by richwmn

One way to get a copy of your final bill for any cruise is to fill out an email form on the HAL website

if the link doesn't work, go to the bottom of the HAL home page and click on "Contact Us", Then on the left click on "Email Us".

For a just completed cruise it will most likely take a few days to load the information to the main computer system

Thank you very much for this information and for providing the link. It worked perfectly. I completed the form and submitted it to HAL.

We just disembraked from the Niew Amsterdam on Saturday. While approaching Vancouver I went up to the Lido deck. I met our cabin steward delivering final statements on his portion of the Rotterdam deck.

Edited by Heartgrove

Thanks for the information. We didn't get one for our last cruise in march on Westerdam. Suspect it was because we did early walk off.

We always ask for it the night before so that we have time to check it and fix any errors if any.

DON

Same here. And on our last cruise we never got one the final morning (also Oosterdam in Dec.), so it really came in handy.

Edited by DaveOKC

Feed back with thank you.

As I reported above, we didn't get a statement either. I followed your instructions and received a copy from Holland within a couple of hours.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Our final statement/onboard bill was delivered correctly and showed the correct amount.

When back at home we found out that we had been charged an extra amount (100 Euros - very strange , as we had an account in US-$). Who do I contact - except the credit card company - to find out what happened?

Thank you for your answers.

We always ask for it the night before so that we have time to check it and fix any errors if any.

DON

You can actually print it off the night before now or whenever you want on a lot of the ships ;

Errors after the fact can still be reported to the email that richwmnn kindly provided.

Never had an issue even after the fact ;)

Just call HAL and they'll send you a PDF. It's always a good idea since charges can be added post cruise. HAL has done this to me but been good about removing extraneous charges. Always make sure the charge on your credit card matches the final Statement.

We got our bill print out the night before leaving. But you could have gone to the main desk and requested a copy or gone to one of the two machines in the lobby that prints our copies of your billing.

If you owe additional funds they are automatically charged to your credit card or if you have a refund coming they will credit the same.

If you feel there is an error you can deal with HAL corporate and they will work with you to determine what is correct. This is a procedure that has always been in place and will work for you even if not fully completed in your mind when you got off the ship.

By the way we were on the ship for three segments and still ended with a credit... that is a long story.... that resulted in a credit to our card account by the time we got back home from Rome.

Our final statement/onboard bill was delivered correctly and showed the correct amount.

When back at home we found out that we had been charged an extra amount (100 Euros - very strange , as we had an account in US-$). Who do I contact - except the credit card company - to find out what happened?

Thank you for your answers.

This has happened several times to us.

We just call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576, explain what our final bill was on the ship and what the charges showed on our American Express bill. They then transferred us to the appropriate department and all was fixed.

Hope you get the extra charge removed quickly.

Ditto for us. You have time to examine the charges and remove any errors.

There was a time when and if we saw an error on our final statement that we got the last morning of the cruise that we could go to either our concierges to have things corrected.

But now that I have to report to a certain area at a certain time for wheelchair assistance -- can no longer do that -- have to tend to errors when we get home.

You should always get a copy of your statement one day before the cruise ends and if it is a long cruise, several times over the course of the cruise. That gives you a chance to check it and to correct any mistakes if necessary.

DON

On my 30 day cruise I checked my bill several times by printing out a copy at a machine near the front desk. I found an error the first time and it was handled (I had prepaid for unlimited laundry) or so I thought. It showed up again on my bill near the end of the cruise. Again down to the front desk to get it taken off. Again it was handled right away.

I keep track of all my spending on my cruises so I have something to compare at the end of the cruise to make sure my bill is correct.

On a previous cruise, I had a voucher for $200 off shore excursions which I used. At the end of the cruise I thought everything was correct when I just looked at the bottom line because I thought they had added the $200 payment for future cruise credits to my onboard account. When I got home and compared the amounts found out that the $200 shore excursion voucher was not put through and that was the extra $200. Luckily I also save all paperwork that I receive so I had the letter from AAA that stated I had a $200 shore excursion voucher to use on that cruise. I sent all this information to HAL and received my $200 back. So my advice to everyone is to check and recheck your final bill the night before the cruise ends to make sure that what you think has been applied is applied and what you did charge is correct too. :)