Recently back from an odyssey on Journey

excitedofharpenden

So many highlights on my recent 62 night trip from Mumbai to Hamburg on Journey. I got back on Sunday and it's still a blur! It was just the best time I've ever had and I met some wonderful people, both newly acquainted and old friends. I was there when Journey and Quest met in Barcelona and sailed out in tandem. It was quite a sight. I stood on deck 9 forward and shot a short video, link at the bottom. Hope it works ok. I had friends who left the ship in Barcelona and did a helicopter trip. The photo is the shot they sent me taken from the helicopter of the ships docked at the WTC Pier.:cool:

IMG_2585_zpspbpcdgkz.jpg

And the video:

Phil

I was there too! It was a really fantastic day and showed the skill of both Captains Carl and Johannes in sailing in tandem so close together. At times it seems like Quest and Journey were almost "dancing" with each other. There was a battle of the horns that I think Quest won!

We met up with Phil onboard Quest that day and had a great time. Quest crew went over to Journey and vice versa and it was lovely to see friends from both ships together. It was a really memorable day. :)

Phil, This is wonderful! Love the ships docked perpendicular around the terminal building, they do seem more like intimate sisters having a tet a tet in that position than if they'd been docked in tandem. What a wonderful experience! Was there a combined event for passengers that day?