Oasis Coastal Kitchen breakfast and lunch

ccod

Does anyone know what the closing times are for breakfast and lunch in Coastal Kitchen? We tend to eat late so closing times are of interest. Does anyone have breakfast and lunch menus they can post or at least a general description of the menu options? Thanks.

Here are the breakfast and lunch menus...sorry for the cruddy pictures! I'll also apologize for RCI's horrible grammatical error on the breakfast menu. The retired educator in me wants to get after it with a red pen!

Sorry, I don't remember the hours. I know breakfast generally opened at 8:00, but they opened earlier on port days. I think lunch started at noon, but I don't remember how late they were open. Maybe somebody else will chime in.

Coastal-Breakfast-1W-L.jpg

Coastal-Breakfast-2W-L.jpg

Coastal-Breakfast-3W-L.jpg

Coastal-Lunch-1W-L.jpg

Coastal-Lunch-2W-L.jpg

Coastal-Lunch-3W-L.jpg

Does anyone know what the closing times are for breakfast and lunch in Coastal Kitchen? We tend to eat late so closing times are of interest. Does anyone have breakfast and lunch menus they can post or at least a general description of the menu options? Thanks.

Last week, lunch service stopped at 1:30

Here are the breakfast and lunch menus...sorry for the cruddy pictures! I'll also apologize for RCI's horrible grammatical error on the breakfast menu. The retired educator in me wants to get after it with a red pen!

Hi Cindy, thanks for posting the menus. Breakfast looks great and lunch looks promising.

Are you referring to the Muesli description? :rolleyes:

And if you describe those nice clear photos as "cruddy," then you must be very picky about your pictures! I don't think I've ever seen such clear menu photos on this board! :)

Edited by TrishOB
Removing formatting

Are you referring to the Muesli description? :rolleyes:

And if you describe those nice clear photos as "cruddy," then you must be very picky about your pictures! I don't think I've ever seen such clear menu photos on this board! :)

Yes, the Muesli.:rolleyes: I wonder if they need me to be permanently on board as a proofreader? I would be willing to volunteer my services!

There was also a huge mistake on the wine list. They had Opus One listed at $89 a bottle. At that price, I was ready to ship a case home, but unfortunately it was another typo! I did ask them about fixing it, but the sommelier told me the wine list was only temporary so they didn't want to go to the trouble and expense of reprinting it.:confused:

I'm very picky about my pictures...just ask my husband how much time I spend on them before I deem them "postable!":o

Yes, the Muesli.:rolleyes: I wonder if they need me to be permanently on board as a proofreader? I would be willing to volunteer my services!

There was also a huge mistake on the wine list. They had Opus One listed at $89 a bottle. At that price, I was ready to ship a case home, but unfortunately it was another typo! I did ask them about fixing it, but the sommelier told me the wine list was only temporary so they didn't want to go to the trouble and expense of reprinting it.:confused:

I'm very picky about my pictures...just ask my husband how much time I spend on them before I deem them "postable!":o

You did great. The info/pics are very helpful, will be using CK for sure

Cindy, how about those roatsed tomatoes for lunch?;):p

It's really baffling to me...having things proofed before they go to the print shop seems like such a simple concept to me.:confused:

But who's doing the proofreading?;):):eek:

Seriously, thanks for all the info you have provided. Looking forward to our upcoming Oasis cruises.

Edited by Oville

• 7 months later...
Hello, I understand that Coastal Kitchen is a "suite" only exclusive space. Can you tell me if there is a surcharge for breakfast, lunch and dinner? If so how much?

To my knowledge, there is no extra charge for CK.

Edited by clarea

Coastal Kitchen is really a great venue and the service is excellent. On our Quantum cruise the orange juice that was served for breakfast was freshly squeezed, I assume it's the same on the Oasis class?

The only issue with the Menu for Lunch and Dinner is, that it's almost identical and they only have 2 rotating menus for the whole cruise. However given that the location of Coastal Kitchen on the Quantum class is next to the Windjammer you have the option for lunch for instance to do starter and dessert from the Coastal Kitchen menu and for the main you pick up a plate from Windjammer which quite a few people did.

Hello, I understand that Coastal Kitchen is a "suite" only exclusive space. Can you tell me if there is a surcharge for breakfast, lunch and dinner? If so how much?

There is no additional cost for Coastal Kitchen, and the food and service is superb!

The lunch menu is quite limited, but we were on a port intensive cruise, so we were only onboard for lunch on a couple of days and it didn't matter.

We only ate in the MDR one evening, and the rest of the time we had dinner in Coastal Kitchen. Be sure to make reservations though, as it can get busy. We loved it. The Suite Lounge was also a little oasis of calm on a very busy ship :)

I found the food in CK excellent, but breakfast was a little boring. I could only find a couple of things I liked and after a week it sort of ran it's course. Never really did lunch. Dinner was outstanding and we were on the first cruise that offered the A&B menu. Good thing, as looking at the A menu start of the week I would not have wanted to order off it for the entire week. Good thing is there are plenty of other dinner options.

• 1 month later...

Here are the times for CK this week on western carib itinerary:

Suite lounge /Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 $84

Wine, beer and soft drinks are available from 11 to 11.

Cocktails are available from 5-8:30.

• Ala Carte Breakfast from 8:00 am to 10:00 am,

port days 7:30 am to 10:00 am

• Ala Carte Lunch noon to 1:30 pm,

port days Continental Lunch 12 till 2:00 pm

• Ala carte dinner 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm.

Here are the times for CK this week on western carib itinerary:

Suite lounge /Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 $84

Wine, beer and soft drinks are available from 11 to 11.

Cocktails are available from 5-8:30.

• Ala Carte Breakfast from 8:00 am to 10:00 am,

port days 7:30 am to 10:00 am

• Ala Carte Lunch noon to 1:30 pm,

port days Continental Lunch 12 till 2:00 pm

• Ala carte dinner 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm.

Just to clarify, CK is open for lunch on sea days. Continental lunch in the Suite Lounge on port days (very minimal). Lunch on boarding day is more substantial.

But who's doing the proofreading?;):):eek:

Seriously, thanks for all the info you have provided. Looking forward to our upcoming Oasis cruises.

I don't believe that RCI employs proofreaders if most of their printed materials are any indication. Their 2016-2017 cruise brochure references "Helsiniki" as one of their ports of call and veterans can remember when they appeared to indicate that Junior Suite guests had access to the CL

We had breakfast a several dinners in CK on Oasis last month and found that while service was spotty at best, the food was quite good especially breakfast.