Best inside cabins on the Jewel?

We are going to be booking the Jewel sailing out of San Juan.

This is our first time on a RC ship, we have sailed for the last few years out of San Juan on Carnival (we have always booked their 4j, sold as an inside with an obstructed view).

We are wanting to book an inside cabin and wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

Our Canadian dollar has not recovered yet, so we want to save a bit of money!

We like deck 4. Usually around cabin number 4053,4055. We've even has 4043,4045. All were good. Easy off on port days, just walk down to two. Close to the centrum, but don't hear any noise.

In addition, those on this deck (#4) I believe will have a window rather than a porthole which they have on deck #3.

Whoops sorry we're talking about insides not OV....regardless the OP should keep an eye open for this (OV) category as it might come available for the same $.....happens often.

Edited by Ashland

Does anyone have experience with the cabins on deck 2 where you disembark in ports? It seems they would be convenient, hopefully quiet and the most economical. It looks like there are a handful of new cabins being added on this deck after dry dock. Would booking a brand new cabin be a good choice?

Thanks for any input as we are new to RC!!

Does anyone have experience with the cabins on deck 2 where you disembark in ports? It seems they would be convenient, hopefully quiet and the most economical. It looks like there are a handful of new cabins being added on this deck after dry dock. Would booking a brand new cabin be a good choice?

Thanks for any input as we are new to RC!!

I did a TA in #2015 on the Brilliance and loved the deck 2 convenience. Then I discovered 3635 and 3639, which are oversized insides about 200 sq ft. I got 3635 as a guarantee on a Brilliance TA and specifically booked 3639 on the Jewel for the Panama Canal. Tons of open space in these cabins which are about 11.5' X 17.5'. 3639 has closet on immediate left, bed on back left facing the closet, sofa center back, bathroom on immediate right, and vanity on the right wall perpendicular to the bathroom. 3635 is the same layout reversed.

Haven't yet done the deck 4 insides. I just booked 2029 for Alaska on Radiance.

Personally I'd stay away from the new deck 2 rooms until there is feedback on them. They are surrounded by unknown empty spaces that could be utility areas.

I did a TA in #2015 on the Brilliance and loved the deck 2 convenience. Then I discovered 3635 and 3639, which are oversized insides about 200 sq ft. I got 3635 as a guarantee on a Brilliance TA and specifically booked 3639 on the Jewel for the Panama Canal. Tons of open space in these cabins which are about 11.5' X 17.5'. 3639 has closet on immediate left, bed on back left facing the closet, sofa center back, bathroom on immediate right, and vanity on the right wall perpendicular to the bathroom. 3635 is the same layout reversed.

Haven't yet done the deck 4 insides. I just booked 2029 for Alaska on Radiance.

Personally I'd stay away from the new deck 2 rooms until there is feedback on them. They are surrounded by unknown empty spaces that could be utility areas.

I stayed in 2015 on Radiance in Alaska last year and loved it. Deck 2 super quiet and convenient when getting off and back on in port. I have the same cabin again on Radiance next year for the Hawaii-repo. :D

Last fall we had 3081 for two weeks and greatly enjoyed it. For many ports it was an easy one level walk to leave. It was quiet, no centrum noise and close to the elevators. With the upgrades they did on the ship the WiFi worked great too.

I just got off Jewel yesterday. I was in the inside cabin 2001 for two weeks. I loved that location. It was the last passenger cabin on the hall so there was almost no other foot traffic coming by the cabin. This location was great when returning from a long day in port. Once through security, it was a short walk to drop off any items brought back on the ship. Since the deck two hallway doesn't go all the way to the front, the walk wasn't bad to the elevators. Let me know if you have any specific questions about this cabin or hall.

Several crew members and officers talked about the upcoming changes in drydock. They all mentioned additional balcony cabins coming to deck 11, but none mentioned any cabins coming to deck 2.

We are going to be booking the Jewel sailing out of San Juan.

This is our first time on a RC ship, we have sailed for the last few years out of San Juan on Carnival (we have always booked their 4j, sold as an inside with an obstructed view).

We are wanting to book an inside cabin and wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

Our Canadian dollar has not recovered yet, so we want to save a bit of money!

I've never stayed on deck 4 which I've heard is a great location, but I assume

Lots of foot traffic from People taking short cut from centrum to theatre... As I have done many times!

I Personally like higher decks On All Ships, incl radiance class. Last cruise was just down the hall From the centrum on deck 9. Great location cause you have a view of the centrum everyday, quick walk up to the DL or CL and top deck, or nice elevator ride down to dinner. Ive also stayed deck 7 close to centrum, again great convenience. I've stayed in forward interior and didn't like thr location as much. In fact I liked deck 3 better than higher decks forward as long as its Close to centrum.

Thanks so much. I was interested in hearing about the larger inside cabins.

That is the information I was looking for!!!

Is there any downside to 3635 or 3639? I will likely try to book those or else the insides on deck 2.

The only downside was a longer walk. However, I'm rarely in my cabin and when I am in my cabin, it's for some serious down time, which is when I really appreciated the extra space, particularly on two 15 day cruises. Here's a video of a similar cabin on Radiance.

Looks great. We too were hoping to get a little more floor space while in the economy cabins.

The extra walking is fine, we usually try to use stairs rather than elevators and appreciate the exercise.

Was there a shower curtain in the shower or a door as some I have seen in some photos?

Was there any noise from the dining room which I think is a floor above?

I appreciate you taking the time. If you were on board I would buy you a drink!

3639 is available for our Feb.2017 cruise, I am going to book it!

Thanks again!

Looks great. We too were hoping to get a little more floor space while in the economy cabins.

The extra walking is fine, we usually try to use stairs rather than elevators and appreciate the exercise.

Was there a shower curtain in the shower or a door as some I have seen in some photos?

Was there any noise from the dining room which I think is a floor above?

I appreciate you taking the time. If you were on board I would buy you a drink!

3639 is available for our Feb.2017 cruise, I am going to book it!

Thanks again!

Jewel has a shower door. I did not hear any noise from the MDR. The only noise I had was the afternoon of the first day when they staged the deck 3 arriving luggage in the hallway while I was trying to nap after a 6 am flight from Portland to LA! I heard nothing on the Brilliance. I travel solo, but this would be a great cabin for 2 people. I had to fight for the Jewel cabin - RCL gave me a unwanted upgrade to an OV across the hall (I had no upgrade marked), but I was able to get my cabin back when I complained. For 15 days I wanted the space, not a low level view of water.

Is there any downside to 3635 or 3639? I will likely try to book those or else the insides on deck 2.

These truly are nice larger inside cabins. Reminded me of a handy capped cabin except they can't be classified as these because of the step up to the bathroom.

Only negative I can think of is the longer walk from the elevators/stairwells.

No noise whatsoever from above from what I remember. So as far as the shower curtain goes. I really do not remember but didn't matter as the cabin itself was a treat for an inside.

Oh by the way OSKEE WEE WEE .....

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

Too bad they are only for 2 passengers....

Tried to book for three. No drop down beds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, danicolie said:

I know this is an old post but I'm thinking of booking 3639.  Hoping someone's who's stayed in this cabin can comment on whether you felt a lot of motion since it's at the aft of the ship?

The farther you are from midship, the more motion you will feel.  Whether it's "a lot" of motion is subjective and depends on the weather, sea conditions, and ship speed and direction.

Ok thanks for the info!  I really would love the extra space since we're doing a 12 night.   

The other cabins we're consider are 4059 & 4057.  Seems like a really convenient location but worried about noise level (next to the lobby and the public space above).  They are also connecting rooms?  Did I read that you lose the sofa in connecting rooms?

4 minutes ago, danicolie said:

Ok thanks for the info!  I really would love the extra space since we're doing a 12 night.   

The other cabins we're consider are 4059 & 4057.  Seems like a really convenient location but worried about noise level (next to the lobby and the public space above).  They are also connecting rooms?  Did I read that you lose the sofa in connecting rooms?

Yes, those are connecting.  They normally change the sofa out for a chair to make room for the connecting door.