Luminae lunch during embarkation

tomcruiser1234

Lunch in Luminae is very nice. The hours can very slightly depending upon the embarkation time. In our experience lunch is from 11:30-1 but on our last cruise embarkation wasn’t scheduled to start until 2 and lunch hours were 2-3:30.

Definitely a nice way to start the meal. My wife and I often board as early as possible (typically around 11am). We drop our hand luggage off at Michael's and socialize there while waiting for Luminae to open. After lunch we head back to Michael's for a bit and then the suites are ready.

We did a cruise out of San Juan in January which departed at 8:30 PM, so I think the Luminae lunch hours ended up being something like 12-2. But it was very nice and gave us something to do while we waited for the rooms to be ready. I will also vouch for the burger. Can't remember what my wife had but whatever it was it was great and pretty much convinced us to eat every meal available at Luminae for the rest of the cruise. :)

I have yet to eat lunch or breakfast in Luminae. I know...unbelievable! I am afraid I'll eat too much and spoil my dinner! I enjoy selecting my own food, and sitting out on the back of OVC, but yes, I need to try both breakfast and lunch in late April...

Lunch is normally 11:30 to 1:00 or 1:30 on embarkation day. The menu is a standard lunch menu for Luminae. Items change daily, except for the burger, which is always available. The menu for embarkation is always the same. I highly recommend the lobster bisque. Lunch is only available in Luminae on sea days.

Thanks all,

Sounds like they are open on embarkation so will get there around noon to enjoy

Best and happy cruising

We tend to head for champagne in Michael’s Club as we board then confirm the opening times in Luminae before heading down.

Like Lastdance we worry about eating too much and spoiling dinner.....the burger is really good though! If we are going for the burger that is all we will order and I will leave half the bun! If you do want something lighter there is a chicken Caesar Salad which was very nice.

We usually don't frequent the new "gourmet" burger places on land, so can someone please tell me what is so great about the Luminae one since it sounds rather underwhelming?

I had access to Luminae on my last cruise and saw the burger on the menu. I thought, geez, they have all these great looking dishes on the menu who would want to order a burger? Anyone can just walk up to the mast grill and get one right off the grill. On our last day my mother said she wasn't really hungry and decided to get the hamburger to pick at it while I ate my lunch. Well, mom was served one of the best burgers I've ever seen. It was quite big and thick (definitely not a mast grill burger), but evenly cooked. I mention this because when I've had thick burgers from other restaurants they tended to be over-cooked on the outside and raw on the inside. This burger was juicy and yummy, but clearly too much for my mother so I had to help her out. An embarkation burger is what I'll be looking forward to if I ever get another chance to eat in Luminae in the future.

We usually don't frequent the new "gourmet" burger places on land, so can someone please tell me what is so great about the Luminae one since it sounds rather underwhelming?

It’s really a great burger! The bun is a brioche bun. They use a onion-tomato chutney that is delicious. And it’s served with truffle fries. I usually eat only half of the burger.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums