Radiance of the Seas Alaska Northbound, May 18, 2018

Thanks so much for posting the Giovanni's menu. Unfortunately it confirmed my fear. It looks like the filet mignon is gone and that's what DW gets there (she's very picky and that was the only main course she'll eat). Looks like I'll be cancelling our reservation. :(

Filleto di Manzo is fillet steak 🥩 I always have it as it is delicious ( far better than Chops fillet imho)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filleto di Manzo is fillet steak 🥩 I always have it as it is delicious ( far better than Chops fillet imho)

Interesting. Thanks for bringing that up. That's not the same exact dish/menu we had on Oasis twice this past summer which is what threw me off but the Italian part you mentioned is the same. They are both called Filetto Di Manzo, but the English description of the meat is different (in addition to the potatoes/sauce, but she won't care about that). If you click on the PDF menu link from RC's site, it brings up the menu we've always had... https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/giovannis-table

In any case, thanks again! I speak a good amount of Spanish but very little Italian. :)

Please let me know what time muster was held. We are sailing the southbound in August. Thanks.

Good question... We are doing the land tour first and I was wondering if maybe we would miss the shipboard muster and have to do a make up muster.

5b1bb1a2511ece4bd4fc25c2d6084478.jpg

This is day 6, second formal night, menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of formal nights, how have people been dressing for formal nights? My husband dislikes having to dress up. Is it OK for men to wear a nice button down shirt with a collar and dress slacks? He would prefer not to wear a tie or jacket. Thanks again for your help.

Judy

Speaking of formal nights, how have people been dressing for formal nights? My husband dislikes having to dress up. Is it OK for men to wear a nice button down shirt with a collar and dress slacks? He would prefer not to wear a tie or jacket. Thanks again for your help.

Judy

Yeah... same here... the guys in our crew are not planning on bringing jackets or ties.

Do you know how much they are charging to do the bag of laundry?

Between land and sea, we'll be gone for close to two weeks... not quite sure how to pack in under 50 lbs of luggage unless we can do laundry!

(so far, it looks like the Anchorage Marriott doesn't have a laundry room, and I can't tell if the lodges for the land portion have them)

Between land and sea, we'll be gone for close to two weeks... not quite sure how to pack in under 50 lbs of luggage unless we can do laundry!

(so far, it looks like the Anchorage Marriott doesn't have a laundry room, and I can't tell if the lodges for the land portion have them)

$34.99

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're doing 10 days on land and know of laundromats in both Girdwood and Seward. We were going to do laundry two days before the cruise in Seward but have more free time in Girdwood one day earlier so we changed plans. If you'd like info on either spot, let me know here on on our roll call.

P.S. The laundromat in Girdwood is part of a bigger building the houses other businesses, one of the herbal variety, so that should be interesting.

P.S. The laundromat in Girdwood is part of a bigger building the houses other businesses, one of the herbal variety, so that should be interesting.

Party in Mike's cabin? :cool::'):cool:lol

We are only doing 3 nights and it's through RCL ... I'll have to scope out where there might be something walkable distance in Talkeetna or Denali (doubtful) ... Not sure theres enough time in Seward before having to get onboard. (one difference between RCL and Disney... They have self service laundry rooms... $35 for a tiny bag of laundry is crazy)

Definitely interested in hearing about the motion...

Another question

Ketchikan and points north are in the AKDT time zone... not sure about Inside Passage... Vancouver is PDT... I assume the ship clock changes at some point -- can you let us know which day it changed for you?

Definitely interested in hearing about the motion...

Another question

Ketchikan and points north are in the AKDT time zone... not sure about Inside Passage... Vancouver is PDT... I assume the ship clock changes at some point -- can you let us know which day it changed for you?

I believe we changed the night of the first day. All ports except Vancouver are Alaska time.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

Jennifer, we are on this ship next week...June 1st. How has the motion of the ship been? I hope not too bad. I am prone to motion sickness.

I do not know how the motion has been this year, but I have done 4 Southbound cruises, and on 2 of the 4 starting in Seward we hit some rocky seas the first day, one of them we were hitting near gale force winds and people were getting sick. Last summer on Princess the first and last day were kind of rocky, I would recommend keeping something on hand for motion sickness.

My plan is to scan Compasses and menus tomorrow and create a shareable link along with a trip report. As far as motion, our oldest son is very prone to motion sickness and did well. I would say that the first and last "sea" days were probably the days most of the motion was felt. We had a great trip!

It was very rocky last night after we left Hubbard glacier but calmed in the middle of the night. Calm coming into Juneau this am. Leaving juneau now for Skagway.

What’s the weather like!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk