Radiance of the Seas Alaska Northbound, May 18, 2018

Didn't they put it where Seaview used to be?

I'm sure someone might answer, the only Radiance class I've been on (want to change that) is Jewel,. and as of a couple of weeks ago, the Seaview was called, "The country club" and the only time I saw it used was at the upper tier sailaway party.

I'm sure someone might answer, the only Radiance class I've been on (want to change that) is Jewel,. and as of a couple of weeks ago, the Seaview was called, "The country club" and the only time I saw it used was at the upper tier sailaway party.

On Jewel, Seaview was turned into Izumi.

Country Club is on the port side... Seaview Cafe used to be on starboard side where Izumi is now like Bob said.

Samba on Radiance is in the same spot, starboard.

I really enjoyed that meal, the location and view.

Not many reviews or pics of Samba on Radiance. Here's some food photos and short review for anyone interested

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47881841&highlight=samba%27s#post47881841

We are also on the Radiance this week. The Diamond Lounge has not been too crowded. There is an overflow area into the Starquest. We have been informed that there will be no overflow next cruise.

Good to hear. I've been waiting for some DL info, thanks! Is it a bit more casual compared to the Caribbean as I've been told?

Good to hear. I've been waiting for some DL info, thanks! Is it a bit more casual compared to the Caribbean as I've been told?

This week it seems to be about the same as the Caribbean except not as many tropical shirts. :)

From the menus it looks like no souffle on formal night? I'm afraid to tell that to my wife. :-)

No soufflés at all on the menu, and no daily chilled soups. We were on the crossing from Hawaii to Vancouver and the food was the worst I have ever experienced on Royal. My head waiter went out of her way to keep me happy, but I find the new menus in the MDR very repetitive with limited selections compared to the previous versions. On two nights, the only thing I found to my liking was lasagna, not usually what I want to order on a cruise.

Not trying to speak for the OP but figured I could answer some stuff until she can.

Most people have a very negative opinion of the RCI pizza. Personally, I have found times when it was terrible but on the whole I have no issue with it. There's a long thread with lots of strong opinions if you're interested... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2610575

No, there is not a burger bar. They have burgers in the Windjammer buffet but they are not very good (the patties are cooked and thrown into a metal pan, like most buffet food). I like to eat a lot and I'm not picky but I rarely eat burgers on cruises. They're edible unless you're picky, but there are too many better options IMO... random buffet items, Park Cafe inside the Solarium with the famous roast beef sandwich (Kummelweck) along with made-to-order salads, paninis, and other snacks, and the "Dog House" with several different types of hot dogs). Those are your main options for free casual food. Naturally there is also the MDR and the specialty restaurants.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all of this information! It is very helpful!

No soufflés at all on the menu, and no daily chilled soups. We were on the crossing from Hawaii to Vancouver and the food was the worst I have ever experienced on Royal. My head waiter went out of her way to keep me happy, but I find the new menus in the MDR very repetitive with limited selections compared to the previous versions. On two nights, the only thing I found to my liking was lasagna, not usually what I want to order on a cruise.

So sorry to read this. While we are not really picky eaters, we can usually find something we enjoy eating in the MDR. However these menus truly look disappointing and lackluster.

Thanks for all of this information! It is very helpful!

You're very welcome. If there's one aspect of RC ships about which I'm well-informed, it's the complimentary eating venues. :o

BTW, feel free to post any general questions you have on our roll call if you want... or not, just offering. If you couldn't tell, I spend a lot of time on CC in the weeks leading up to a cruise.

I don’t know where the Seaview was, but Samba Grill is on deck 12 past the sport court. You can only access it from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You go straight through WJ, out to the outside seating area and up the staircase (starboard side)

I don’t know where the Seaview was, but Samba Grill is on deck 12 past the sport court. You can only access it from the outside.

Now you know where Seaview was.:)

Thanks so much for posting the Giovanni's menu. Unfortunately it confirmed my fear. It looks like the filet mignon is gone and that's what DW gets there (she's very picky and that was the only main course she'll eat). Looks like I'll be cancelling our reservation. :(

The Windjammer for lunch and dinner is not the best but is is much better than the Mariner was last month. We had dinner in the MDR for the first time last night and the fried chicken was very good.

Been waiting for some WJ info since we don't do the MDR anymore. Are there cook-to-order stations for dinner (pasta, wok, etc.)?