Upgrade how did you book

1illinifan

wondering if you are offered upgrade , who did you book through? carnival or different agent

I was offered an upgrade from Carnival after booking through them, but it was too much money for the upgrade, so I turned it down. I’m happy with my inexpensive inside cabin!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

wondering if you are offered upgrade , who did you book through? carnival or different agent

If you are referring to the myth of a free upgrade, it is a myth or your booked cabin is either needed by the cruise line for someone else or it is out of service. Cruise Lines don't handpick people to give them a surprise for the hell of it. If you mean called for a deal of a paid upgrade, well see the previous statement. It won't happen how you booked, it is what you booked.

On my Miracle cruise last November, my friend got a phone call with a 305 area code right before we were ready to head to the port. He asked me where is 305 and I said Florida so he took the call. We got upgraded for free from an inside to a really nice balcony. We met a few other people who also got a call the morning of the cruise.

I was somewhat surprised as I thought free upgrades were a thing of the past. Guess it just depends.

Candi

On my Miracle cruise last November, my friend got a phone call with a 305 area code right before we were ready to head to the port. He asked me where is 305 and I said Florida so he took the call. We got upgraded for free from an inside to a really nice balcony. We met a few other people who also got a call the morning of the cruise.

I was somewhat surprised as I thought free upgrades were a thing of the past. Guess it just depends.

Candi

Like I posted about, your booked cabin was taken out of service likely due to maintenance issues or they needed it for a family booking. If multiple people got a call, it was a maintenance issue.

Booked through Carnival for our only 2 cruises and got 1 offer which we took. $48 to move from deck 7 port front balcony to deck 9 starboard front Lido balcony.

Our first cruise was a deck 2 cove balcony which we loved. Anxious to be up on deck 9 with all the action.

We have a jewel of a TA we use for booking all vacation transporation and cruises and were offered an up-sell through her. She called as soon as she got it - we declined because the location was less desirable than the one we booked.

Afterwards ... We did establish a set of parameters in which we might accept and if it didn't meet those she could go ahead and decline when it comes in.

For our third cruise on the Conquest (through a TA), we had six cabins in a row booked on the Empress Deck. Carnival upgraded all six cabins to the Panorama Deck for free. One of the cabins had 3 in it and for some reason, they changed that cabin to only hold 2 so they upgraded all six of us.

For our upcoming cruise on the Horzion, (PVP), we have a cabin next to brother and SIL on the Panorama Deck. We both got e-mails offering upsell to Ocean Suites for $460. I did a check and saw that it was only a savings of $60 from what we could have booked them originally. We both declined. The Ocean suites aren't that much bigger than a balcony cabin and the Panorama deck is a lot closer to all of the action.

I don't think who you booked through has anything to do with it. It's supply and demand. Cheaper cabins go fast. If they have people wanting cheaper cabins and there isn't any available, they'll call someone who has them and offer an upsell to a more expensive one that isn't selling. I just wish they'd be a little more reasonable with their offers.

We recieved an upsell offer for our upcoming December cruise. We always book through a TA. We are in a room that connects to the one next door so I am wondering if someone wanted connecting rooms and they were seeing if anyone who didn't need one wanted to move. The offer was not good enough for us to take it unfortunately.

We recieved an upsell offer for our upcoming December cruise. We always book through a TA. We are in a room that connects to the one next door so I am wondering if someone wanted connecting rooms and they were seeing if anyone who didn't need one wanted to move. The offer was not good enough for us to take it unfortunately.
Did your TA contact you or Carnival directly?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Did your TA contact you or Carnival directly?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

If you book through a TA. Carnival will only communicate through the TA but they wanted your cabin. A great TA would recognize that opportunity and try to negotiate for you.