Just The Facts Ma'am...Eurodam!!

bobpell

This short titillating riposte is relating to our Eastern Caribe cruise last week

- due to long deep swells from two Nor'easters we bypassed Amber cove and diverted to Havensight, St Thomas. San Juan was closed to marine traffic for the same reason

-69 comfortable padded teak chaise loungers on the wide promenade deck

-Active book/magazine exchange in the book equipped library

-Bigger shower in suite than Koningsdam

- Diet busting bread pudding only available at lunch in Lido at dessert station. You have to ask for it

-No Cnn on news selections.

No garbage fire and associated smell at Philipsburg, Sint Marten as reported on that forum

Voyage Logs are back...we ate over 25,000 eggs

Cruise on everyone!!

Bob

This was our first time at Havensight, crown Bay seems so much like suburbia now!!

Did not mind missing Amber Cove

Capt. Eric Barhorst hosted a great Q&A showing what the stabilizers look like along with the bridge and engine room pictures

If you glom onto cruising as we have, I would highly endorse a one time tour of the a ship (ours was $150 each a few years ago on the Noordam). Who knew there is a mortuary off I95 on A deck. It was eye opening 5 hours and well worth the expense to walk on the floors the crew use !.

Sorry to see more Pinnacle class ships enroute.

Cruising breeds smiles

Bob

PS...Happy Hour in the Crow's Nest brought laughter out

My DH was disappointed to find only the "Eggs Consumed" detail on the Cruise Log instead of all the other more important information we used to find on it.

Thanks for all the other information. We have really enjoyed Eurodam when we sailed on her in the past. Did you eat at Tamarind?

Yes we ate at the Tamarind and the Pinnacle too. With the lunch time bread pudding and eggs benedict at breakfast I had to lay on the bed on the last morning to breath out and quickly do my jeans up. For our Sunfarer cruise this fall I am bringing bigger pants!! HaHa

HAL must listen cause the aft pool started out ice cube cold on Mar. 4. No one was in. Two days later it was pleasantly warm and the chlorine crowd slipped in.

Hal also changed the BBC Blue Earth penguin show that was projected on the main stage for the past two years to a new wildlife show again using a live band to accompany the film. If you don't like snakes like me, you might want to look at the carpet stains or re tie your shoe laces during a portion of the new show!!

Hope to meet some of you at Happy hour next fall

Bob

Hal also changed the BBC Blue Earth penguin show that was projected on the main stage for the past two years to a new wildlife show again using a live band to accompany the film. If you don't like snakes like me, you might want to look at the carpet stains or re tie your shoe laces during a portion of the new show!!

Thanks for the warning; I'm terrified of snakes and even watching them on screens (big or small) freak me out.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Correct on the news networks...CNN was the only one not available. even BBC was up there

As for the eggs, the ones we enjoyed in our omelettes were real

Bob

ps...We burned 629 tons of fuel, posted on our Voyage Log

pps.. HMC was packed on the last day

Correct on the news networks...CNN was the only one not available. even BBC was up there

As for the eggs, the ones we enjoyed in our omelettes were real

Bob

ps...We burned 629 tons of fuel, posted on our Voyage Log

pps.. HMC was packed on the last day

How many ships were at HMC?