Silhouette Dining Poll

MamaChach

ALL food is delicious on Celebrity so I recommend the main dinning room.

Totally disagree based on our last 3 cruises, two on Infinity and one Eclipse. Same old menus, but worse quality. Huge amount of salt to give food taste. That was an off the record comment made by a waiter. Another off the record comment was, " the food in MDR is bad, so Luminae and Blu look better"

Totally disagree based on our last 3 cruises, two on Infinity and one Eclipse. Same old menus, but worse quality. Huge amount of salt to give food taste. That was an off the record comment made by a waiter. Another off the record comment was, " the food in MDR is bad, so Luminae and Blu look better"

Last time you posted this, it was the “maitre ‘d on Eclipse” who made the comment lol. Which was it? The waiter or the maitre ‘d?

I agree with the people who suggested that you should not book a large package for a 7-day cruise. In your place, I’d stick with the MDR or book only a 3-night package to try Murano, Tuscan Grill, and Lawn Club Grill

I agree with this 100%. A 3-night package for Murano, Tuscan, and Lawn Club Grill. Murano if you're only going to do one Specialty.

I just got off the Silhouette today and the MDR is fantastic, though the servers seemed a bit spread thin. We ate their for lunch and dinner every day except for the Tuscan Grille, which I definitely recommend. It's $45/person, but it's completely worth it both in the quality of the food and the quantity.

I've heard great things about Lawn club and Murano and want to try them next time.

first Celebrity cruise... MDR or 6 night specialty dining package?

Which would you do and which specialty restaurants would you choose not to miss if that is your choice?

THANKS

We did 2 nights specialty and glad we did.

we felt the MDR was plain and nothing extraordinary.

Advice needed! 7 night, first celebrity cruise:

Which night for restaurant- 1st or 2nd? When you book the package you have to choose.

Which nights to book other restaurants once on board? We don’t know when Chic nights are yet or main dining menus so it’s a bit hard to think about.

I’ve read you have to book immediately one on board to get days and times you want.

Thank you to all of the experienced cruisers that provide great advice!!

nancyshaw must wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Probably one of the most negative people in responding about Celebrity. Yes we have some less than good meals in the MDR but also had some in our favorite restaurants. Reached the point I bypass her comments.

Which night for restaurant- 1st or 2nd? When you book the package you have to choose.

Which nights to book other restaurants once on board? We don’t know when Chic nights are yet or main dining menus so it’s a bit hard to think about.

I’ve read you have to book immediately one on board to get days and times you want.

First night is usually Prime rib if that matters.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The two best, in our opinion and CAN’T MISS are Murano and Lawn Club grill. Qsine if “different”and fun.

I could miss Tuscan and be happy.

Tuscan has the most beautiful view, but that’s about it over the MDR. I had a ribeye the last time, it was thin, tough and not very flavorful. Just not worth the up charge for the view....

I'd recommend the first night. The specialty restaurants are generally quieter and the MDR is a crazy house with everyone finding their dining assignments for the first time.

Chic nights generally have the best menus. They are almost never the first night, and never the last night of the cruise. Generally they are the second night and next to last night on seven night cruises, but I'd recommend going to Guest Services upon embarkation to know for sure.

That's your best chance of getting the time, venue and date you want.

I'd strongly recommend Murano for at least 1 (if not more) of your dinners. The tableside preparations, food, service and ambience are tops. Lawn club is another favorite of many. DH and I don't eat at Tuscan any more. To us it's overpriced and over-rated, but some folks like it and food is subjective. The only thing I find appealing is the view, and since we dine late, it's usually too dark to see anything but our own reflections, and after being married for many years I've determined that I will no longer pay extra for that privileged view.;p Qsine, is generally the least busy of the restaurants, so you'll probably have no trouble getting a reservation there. It's more fun if you go with a bigger group so you can try more things. Have a great trip!

Because the first night in the main dining room can be crazy for people to get to their new table assignment, It might not be a bad idea to pick a specialty dining venue for that night.

However, dining in the main dining room (in my opinion) is a special experience that should not be missed if this is your first time cruising with Celebrity. As you can see, the number of opinions are wide ranging and frequently posted.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally we’ve tried Murano twice and not been impressed. It feels like how a French restaurant in London in the 80s would feel, trying to impress with style over substance (who uses plate cloches anymore?). The menu really needs an update IMO especially since they continue upping the price but keeping the same menu. One time we ate as a comp due to a service issue and the second time got a hefty discount but having tried it twice we won’t be back. Oh, and their vegetarian offerings are woeful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally we’ve tried Murano twice and not been impressed. It feels like how a French restaurant in London in the 80s would feel, trying to impress with style over substance (who uses plate cloches anymore?). The menu really needs an update IMO especially since they continue upping the price but keeping the same menu. One time we ate as a comp due to a service issue and the second time got a hefty discount but having tried it twice we won’t be back. Oh, and their vegetarian offerings are woeful.

re: vegetarian /vegan options being woeful? I have yet to have a 'woeful' meal in Murano, being a low-fat vegan/vegetarian.

I always let the Maitre 'd know in advance that the chef needs to be creative. Each time something different and fun. Only once our of six (6) visits to M did I have to tell the wait staff that the meal that was being planned was unacceptable as it was a repeat.

They produced, IMO, a great three (3) course meal plus desert, to my liking, just as good as other meals at the table that night.

Personally, I never allow the published 'menu' be the only judge as to what can or will be served me. Were I do so, there would be very very few places where I/we could go to eat, on both ends of the dining spectrum.

bon voyage

re: vegetarian /vegan options being woeful? I have yet to have a 'woeful' meal in Murano, being a low-fat vegan/vegetarian.

I always let the Maitre 'd know in advance that the chef needs to be creative. Each time something different and fun. Only once our of six (6) visits to M did I have to tell the wait staff that the meal that was being planned was unacceptable as it was a repeat.

They produced, IMO, a great three (3) course meal plus desert, to my liking, just as good as other meals at the table that night.

Personally, I never allow the published 'menu' be the only judge as to what can or will be served me. Were I do so, there would be very very few places where I/we could go to eat, on both ends of the dining spectrum.

bon voyage

Bo1953 - Thanks for the post and information. Something to think about for sure as my partner does not eat fish or seafood, which can leave the menu a bit lacking as well.

Bo1953 - Thanks for the post and information. Something to think about for sure as my partner does not eat fish or seafood, which can leave the menu a bit lacking as well.

v - I recommend that your partner have in mind a creation/meal they would like to have so it can be suggested to the chef...that way they are covered. I usually bring along a few printed recipes that I enjoy with me and provide it to the Maitre 'd to give the chef a better idea of how creative they can be as opposed to just steamed vegetables... which is a non-starter for me at fine dining venues..

Thank you again and bon voyage

My husband hates dining room with a passion... In his opinion, it's hectic, unpersonal and rushed with food at wrong temperature with no attention to details (Chicago Foodie there...). Also, he didn't appreciate when some servers we had always insisted to bring us food we did not order just for the sake of trying.

So on our Silhouette cruise, we did the 7 day package. It was amazing. Definitely worth the money for us. We did book aqua before and wanted to for that cruise but we got a killer deal on the balcony we had, so it made more sense to splurge for the dining package. Was still several hundread dollars cheaper everything considering.

This made the cruise so much relaxing and the food and attention to detail was amazing. One night in Tuscan, I was feeling sea sick and the server was the most attentionate, brining me ginger ale and green apple until I was feeling good enough to eat diner. People at Murano knew us too as we went there for 2 or 3 diner and a lunch (they offered us a discount for lunch since we went there so many times...). It was amazing. Lawn grill was great too! Only one we didn't do was Qsine. We initially had it booked but we swap to Murano again instead.

It always depends what you are looking for. For us, it was a game changer.

We were just on Silhouette 3/11-18. With the exception of Marmalade in OSJ we ate in the MDR. Portion sizes became a running joke - made worse by huge plates. Service wasn't anything to be impressed with. Food quality was good with the better being the beef dishes. We did try the Mast Grill for lunch one day and didn't think much of it.

We'll give a couple of the specialties a try next time.

I have been disappointed in the MDR too often in the past (SLOW service, cold food, etc). Now when we cruise Celebrity (to accompany family), I prefer to book aquaclass to access BLU.

But, I agree w those who say the worst day onboard is better than the best day at work! Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your opinion of Murano is the exact reason there's chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etc. I can't argue with you for that would be pointless, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, since food tastes vary. Personally, both DH and I think Murano is the only specialty dining experience worth the expense. We enjoy the throwback service, the cloche presentations, the ambience almost as much as the food. We have eaten there at 50% off to full price and many variations between and at the similar Ocean Liners restaurants on the M-class ships before they were removed and we look forward to the next time. On the M-class ships we don't bother with specialty dining any more since we don't think the choices are particularly good, special, or worth the upcharge. It is interesting to hear the varying opinions though.

I have been disappointed in the MDR too often in the past (SLOW service, cold food, etc). Now when we cruise Celebrity (to accompany family), I prefer to book aquaclass to access BLU.

But, I agree w those who say the worst day onboard is better than the best day at work! Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gosh yes! Second day back at work and I woke up in a conference call and said, "Sorry - I'm still floating around in the Caribbean." A few chuckles, but not my boss - he has no sense of humor.

We're spoilt as coming from Ireland we are blessed with fantastic restaurants and great quality local produce. I enjoy cruising but not for the food experience. I can safely say I have never been blown away with a meal on any Celebrity ship. But I don't let it spoil the experience, always get enough to get by and certainly would not pay any more for a so called speciality restaurant. Often food in the Oceanview is better than the MDR which is turning into a bit of a joke in terms of food and service. I always look forward to returning home for a great food experience - the plus side is that we no longer put on weight when cruising!