What has happened to older Australians ( cruising related)

bazzaw

I believe the lesson we can all take from this thread is that if we are thinking whether we should take a cruise or not.....

Do it while you can.

I have jumped on that one. Once 'I can'.

I think its also important, and I guess I try to do this now anyway, to minimise the 'negative' impact of my personal issues on others around me. I dont think it is right to be on a ship or plane if my behaviour or situation is such that I will impact badly on others.

Such a shame when there are so many little places in Ho Chi Minh City where you can get really good local food. I try and avoid those tours that include lunch cause I know they take you too a large hotel type and serve you western style foods because you get people on their who don't want to eat the local food. :eek:

I remember my first time in Vietnam in 2009 not on a cruise though and one of the meals I had the day after arrival was good local food with my tour group well a few of us anyway.How some of them could be so ignorant and go to a KFC of all places is beyond comprehension.If in Asia try and eat local where you can.:):)

A very good friend had her husband diagnosed with early Alzheimers and so decided it was now or never to cruise. She booked 3 cruises. He managed 2 and the third had to be cancelled. Even with the 2 cruises , he did not know where he was and on the way home caused security alerts at the Ala Moana Centre, Honolulu, and Sydney International Airport.

However she enjoyed those precious days together as he is now in a secure unit for his own, and others safety , so has those memories to look back on.

I believe the lesson we can all take from this thread is that if we are thinking whether we should take a cruise or not.....

Do it while you can.

Quite correct David, as Uncle Les has always said on here..'Adventure before Dementia.'

My mother died from the illness and missed out on a lot of life. The Glen Residential Care Centre is over my back fence and I can tell you they are not all 'oldies in there.' I go there sometimes with my U3A choir to sing for them, sad places.

Edited by NSWP