What has happened to older Australians ( cruising related)

bazzaw

I remember those crocheted bikinis back in the seventies/eighties, look great and then floated away when they got wet. Teenagers dream seeing those girls in the surf.:D

Spent many weekends at South Maroubra in my croteched bikini. Ahh memories. I couldn't wear it now as I would probably look like a Christmas ham.

Elaine.

I remember those crocheted bikinis back in the seventies/eighties, look great and then floated away when they got wet. Teenagers dream seeing those girls in the surf.:D

Wishful thinking. My crocheted bikini bought in the Surfers Paradise store of Paula Stafford fitted like a glove and never ever floated away.:D

Edited by wishfulone

I don't mind cruising with a ship full of oldies, as I say to my friends "we look great in our swimmers and formal wear compared to some! Love hearing about their experiences too.

We feel the same.

Mid 50s and often among the youngest on the ship. Not a problem to us at all, except they often look better than me:mad:.

Edited by GUT2407

Have to step in before too many older women are irredeemably self conscious or spend money on clothes they haven't chosen or feel they need to dye their hair.

It is not a woman's job to be attractive to anyone. Wear what you want and remember back to when you knew everything and have a little laugh.

I totally agree, wear what you want and ignore the rest, 3/4 length and sandals all the way

Edited by jackiedanny

OMG I am doomed, doomed do you hear just purchased two pairs of Trent Nathan 3/4 pants for my upcoming cruise in QV, and more doomed I like Aoili with my Lobster, do you think I will be asked to leave the ship?? For this most significant lapse of cruise decorum! Please keep this bit of info to yourself, so,I won't be singled out, oh no it gets worse off for a haircut before I board ..so will be incognito, 3/4 pants and short hair, so,no one will recognise me...yep think I will blend in well....ahhh such a relief😉

Pushka, hope,you are well on the road to recovery.

MicCanberra, I have to tell you that I read your "hard butter" post to my husband a couple of days ago and since then whenever we say something like "oh we are out of milk" the other more often than not replies "worst cruise ever"!

Lol, we do it too. :D

Look, is it me or did this thread disappear for a day (or 2) .... or was I just so thrilled to be wearing my crocheted string bikini (topless of course!) and my cut off pants from Millers and sporting my very short 'helmut' cut hair doo .... not died at all, I celebrate my grey hair!

Now boys, I'm 66 and the old bod ain't what it used to be. Do you reckon a string bikini will be acceptable on my next cruise? ;):rolleyes:

Or should I just stay home and suffer???? :p:p:p Not Pygmalian likely! :D

Look, is it me or did this thread disappear for a day (or 2) .... or was I just so thrilled to be wearing my crocheted string bikini (topless of course!) and my cut off pants from Millers and sporting my very short 'helmut' cut hair doo .... not died at all, I celebrate my grey hair!

Now boys, I'm 66 and the old bod ain't what it used to be. Do you reckon a string bikini will be acceptable on my next cruise? ;):rolleyes:

Or should I just stay home and suffer???? :p:p:p Not Pygmalian likely! :D

Bikini sounds great, but please no Blue Rinse hair, hundreds of those on P&O UK, 'The Pom Blue Rinse Ladies.' LOL.

OMG I am doomed, doomed do you hear just purchased two pairs of Trent Nathan 3/4 pants for my upcoming cruise in QV, and more doomed I like Aoili with my Lobster, do you think I will be asked to leave the ship?? For this most significant lapse of cruise decorum! Please keep this bit of info to yourself, so,I won't be singled out, oh no it gets worse off for a haircut before I board ..so will be incognito, 3/4 pants and short hair, so,no one will recognise me...yep think I will blend in well....ahhh such a relief

Pushka, hope,you are well on the road to recovery.

Sounds great for you too my dear, but please no Blue rinse hair do !! LOL. Leave that to the Poms on P&O UK/Cunard.

Edited by NSWP

Sounds great for you too my dear, but please no Blue rinse hair do !! LOL. Leave that to the Poms on P&O UK/Cunard.

The reason for the blue rinse is to stop white hair going yellowy but, back in those days, they hadn't figured out how to do it without leaving some of the blue colour in the hair.

These days the products are much better. I use a dark purple shampoo every fortnight, on advice from my hairdresser. She did warn me that if I used it too often my hair would turn purple. I'm so tempted ... purple is my favourite colour ! :D :D :D

MicCanberra, I have to tell you that I read your "hard butter" post to my husband a couple of days ago and since then whenever we say something like "oh we are out of milk" the other more often than not replies "worst cruise ever"!

Lol, we do it too. :D

Ours is "If I had to spend another 32 days on this ,,,, cruise".

Though there was only 27 more for us. We were already hoping it would never end.

No dears we always try to be on trend, and on trend at the moment is blue or purple hair, all the youngsters are doing it, so we could all be quite fashionable with our 3/4 pants, short purple/blue/pink hair, and just to top it all off swanning around in our crochet Paula Stafford bikinis (oh how I wish I had a pair back in the day)... Ok whose up for a photo????? Anyone game???😂

No dears we always try to be on trend, and on trend at the moment is blue or purple hair, all the youngsters are doing it, so we could all be quite fashionable with our 3/4 pants, short purple/blue/pink hair, and just to top it all off swanning around in our crochet Paula Stafford bikinis (oh how I wish I had a pair back in the day)... Ok whose up for a photo????? Anyone game???😂

If you're game enough to wear it I'm game enough to look.:D

BTW I was very bold yesterday and bought my very first pair of cargo pants/shorts, I'm 71.:p

Is "on trend" anything like "on topic"?

I'm game for the pic, I can always gouge my eyes out.:eek: