What has happened to older Australians ( cruising related)

bazzaw

I'm not a fan of vinegar with seafood, too acidic for me. I can handle a little lemon juice but that's all.

I actually prefer lobster unadulterated. I once seriously upset a chef by insisting I wanted my lobster lightly grilled with just a touch of lemon butter to stop it drying out - that was back in the 1980s when it was fashionable to serve lobster in heavy sauces. However in a roll with chips it would need some sort of dressing.

I prefer Garlic butter with my lobster.:D

I prefer Garlic butter with my lobster.:D

I love the butter that Princess puts on lobster. It's made using the lobster shells to flavour the butter so enhances the flavour of the meat.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Today I turned 40.......

Am I considered old, you or middle aged?

I guess your only as old as you want to pretend to be. So I'm just going to keep cruising and laughing as much as I can and if others want to judge me I really don't care.

Life is too short not to enjoy it!

I'm off to millers to buy some 3/4 pants and some homiped sandals

Lol....

I guess your only as old as you want to pretend to be. So I'm just going to keep cruising and laughing as much as I can and if others want to judge me I really don't care

True - on our recent cruise we had three people over 100 years old and one was up dancing and swam lengths in the pool. She made me fee decidedly lazy....:eek:

That made me reassess how long I should be planning on cruising for :D

True - on our recent cruise we had three people over 100 years old and one was up dancing and swam lengths in the pool. She made me fee decidedly lazy....:eek:

That made me reassess how long I should be planning on cruising for :D

Good on her I say! Hope she was enjoying every moment of it!

Good on her I say! Hope she was enjoying every moment of it!

She was - it was interesting that she was very keen to come on the cruise but due to her frailty (didn't stop her dancing or swimming) she had to be accompanied by a carer as part of the conditions of Crystal accepting her. But once she was on and a guest she was certainly treated well

One of the other centurions was spotted with his zimmer frame getting around the markets in Apia in the steamy heat

It was impressive to see these folk being so active

Trouble is, the older you get the longer it takes you to get over stuff. I am bummed. Last week a lump in my throat turned out to be a dvt in my neck. Not related to travel so there is something up with my blood and that isnt normal. Am in the process of cancelling my May Alaska trip. Just cant risk travelling to the US. :(

Trouble is, the older you get the longer it takes you to get over stuff. I am bummed. Last week a lump in my throat turned out to be a dvt An my neck. Not related to travel so there is something up with my blood and that isnt normal. Am in the process of cancelling my May Alaska trip. Just cant risk travelling to the US. :(

Sorry to hear that, take care.

Today I turned 40.......

Am I considered old, you or middle aged?

I guess your only as old as you want to pretend to be. So I'm just going to keep cruising and laughing as much as I can and if others want to judge me I really don't care.

Life is too short not to enjoy it!

I'm off to millers to buy some 3/4 pants and some homiped sandals

Lol....

40 mmmmm

Not sure that's even middle aged.