What has happened to older Australians ( cruising related)

bazzaw

But Avalon, 3/4 pants are so comfy and you need to be comfy on a cruise. :) I promise to update my wardrobe before my next cruise (hubby will thank you). At least I get points for having expensive salon blonde hair:D

Sorry, if they are the granny 3/4 pants they have got to go Aussielozzie! _ you'll thank me in the end....:D

Have to step in before too many older women are irredeemably self conscious or spend money on clothes they haven't chosen or feel they need to dye their hair.

It is not a woman's job to be attractive to anyone. Wear what you want and remember back to when you knew everything and have a little laugh.

Avalon, What is your opinion on all the grey haired or bald headed men wearing shorts and t-shirts, and thongs during the day? What do we have to wear? Chinos and boat shoes?;)

Or guts like mine with Budgie smugglers:eek::eek:

On your cruise wear what you want (appropriate to cruising guidance), do and eat what you want and most of all enjoy what your hard earned pennies have bought. For some it may be a once in a lifetime experience.

Ignore the fashion police - really ? on Royal Caribbean!

On your cruise wear what you want (appropriate to cruising guidance), do and eat what you want and most of all enjoy what your hard earned pennies have bought. For some it may be a once in a lifetime experience.

Ignore the fashion police - really ? on Royal Caribbean!

And ignore the food police too.

LOL - it's all good fun folks, don't take it too seriously.

But why not make the most of yourself is my approach - it's no harder to choose something that suits your body shape & makes you look good than not.

Yeah, we can't help it that some of us can eat whatever we like and still look so awesome.:cool:

Yeah it's hard to go through life with a body like a god.

But it's a burden I bare.:eek::rolleyes::p

I, too, have the body of a god. Too bad that god is Buddah not Adonis! :eek:

Edited by Sparky74

Avalon, What is your opinion on all the grey haired or bald headed men wearing shorts and t-shirts, and thongs during the day? What do we have to wear? Chinos and boat shoes?;)

No issues there Mic, normal attire for the pool deck I would say.

But ... if the shorts are stubbies with the butt crack showing & the hairy beer gut hanging over the front under the T-Shirt with the crass saying, then I'll choose to look the other way thanks. :D

But I must say a nice pair of chinos with boat shoes etc does look nice for dinner. Clothes make the man as they say!

I totally agree with your budgie smugglers comment - under shorts all good, but as the only covering on a portly figure especially - not appealing.

I know we are all having some fun with this thread - but there is quite a lot involved with how people dress & our initial perceptions (right or wrong) - it's human psychology 101 - people can ignore it all they like, but you can't change human nature.

As part of my business I keep up with studies on visual perceptions. You would be amazed at the subconscious decisions we make on how to interact with a business based on how their website looks, or how the staff are dressed, if the office is tidy or not. Taking a little time to care about visual appearance isn't just some shallow vanity, it can affect how you will be treated in this world. It may not be what we want to think is true, it may not be a comfortable idea, but it's still a fact.

Ever heard of the 'halo effect' - it's fascinating stuff.

:)

In fairness it's not just the older crowd who enjoy a good whinge. We met a gentleman (?) on a tender who told us he enjoyed Italian food so much he booked an MSC cruise. Not once did they have pizza or Spaghetti Bolognese in the MDR! He was thoroughly disgruntled[emoji23][emoji23]

Sorry but you would not find spaghetti Bolognese in any decent Italian restaurant in Italy or even most family homes.

My dear MIL is from Bologna and says spag bol is not ,even a dish, purely an australian invention.

LOL - it's all good fun folks, don't take it too seriously.

But why not make the most of yourself is my approach - it's no harder to choose something that suits your body shape & makes you look good than not.

Not sure anyone takes much serious around here.

You should all act like grown ups like me and Mic and Uncle Les and gbenjo and a few other sensible people does.:eek::D

(but when something needs serious it seems to get dealt with pretty quick)

No issues there Mic, normal attire for the pool deck I would say.

But ... if the shorts are stubbies with the butt crack showing & the hairy beer gut hanging over the front under the T-Shirt with the crass saying, then I'll choose to look the other way thanks. :D

But I must say a nice pair of chinos with boat shoes etc does look nice for dinner. Clothes make the man as they say!

I totally agree with your budgie smugglers comment - under shorts all good, but as the only covering on a portly figure especially - not appealing.

I know we are all having some fun with this thread - but there is quite a lot involved with how people dress & our initial perceptions (right or wrong) - it's human psychology 101 - people can ignore it all they like, but you can't change human nature.

As part of my business I keep up with studies on visual perceptions. You would be amazed at the subconscious decisions we make on how to interact with a business based on how their website looks, or how the staff are dressed, if the office is tidy or not. Taking a little time to care about visual appearance isn't just some shallow vanity, it can affect how you will be treated in this world. It may not be what we want to think is true, it may not be a comfortable idea, but it's still a fact.

Ever heard of the 'halo effect' - it's fascinating stuff.

:)

I agree. I like to dress well and neatly when flying as it gives a better chance of an upgrade.

I agree. I like to dress well and neatly when flying as it gives a better chance of an upgrade.

Indeed Mic, dress smart for those 'free upgrades.' Now comrades, I have booked Business Premier Class on Air NZ, Syd-LA in November, so will they let me into seat 1K in my T shirt, board shorts and thongs? Or will I have to put on my Lowes suit?

Edited by NSWP

The problem is that we are all aspiring budda's.:p Hence this thread. :eek:

You are talking about the chubby Chinese Buddha also known as the laughing Buddha. I want to be like the original Buddha, Siddhatha Gautama who practiced a life of moderation known as the Middle Path. I try to remember this when I'm at the dessert section of the buffet:)

Regards Elaine.

they struggled to walk up and down the stairs in the theatre,

I'll apologize in advance just in case you happen to get stuck behind me leaving the theatre or the MDR or anywhere that requires me to sit with my knee bent for any period of time. Due to a knee injury my right knee often seizes up after sitting and takes a few minutes to loosen up. I do try to be considerate of those who feel the need to get from one place to another in a great hurry but sometimes it just isn't possible. :rolleyes:

with short no style undyed hair on so many of the ladies.

On our first cruise, December 2014, I saw so many elegant women with natural hair colour - silver, white, grey, or salt and pepper - that I decided to give up the expensive salon hair colouring and see what I looked like au natural. I am delighted with the result and enjoy being a silver-top, and the money I save annually helps with the cruise budget.

And yes, my hair is short. It is also very straight and very fine and has a mind of it's own - even professional hairdressers have had problems trying to style my hair in the past. Since I loathe the smell and feel of most styling products I happily leave my hair to fall naturally into the shape it is cut to. I do have it cut regularly BTW. I'm sorry that my "short no style undyed" hair offends you but I'd rather look like that than someone trying to turn the clock back by over-styling their hair - and I've seen plenty of that on cruises as well as in local shopping centres.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I'll apologize in advance just in case you happen to get stuck behind me leaving the theatre or the MDR or anywhere that requires me to sit with my knee bent for any period of time. Due to a knee injury my right knee often seizes up after sitting and takes a few minutes to loosen up. I do try to be considerate of those who feel the need to get from one place to another in a great hurry but sometimes it just isn't possible. :rolleyes:

Me too, except I wont appologise, after 5 years in a wheelchair I'll take as long as I like getting up and down stairs and if anyone doesn't lke it one simple word .... TOUGH.