Sorry for all the questions we are excited to be going soon, and I have more.

Jareds_mommytoo

1. is there a sail away party on deck?
  2. The pinnacle grill I noticed the kids are 1/2 of the adult price, is that the same at lunch what about
  3. Are the reservations made at each restaurant or the front desk
  4. My teen wants to know if there are hot wings,
  5. Also we noticed the last activity at the loft is 11 what time is actual closing time.
  6. ]If he brings his football if the basketball court is empty can he play catch in there ( spring camp starts the day we get home)

1. is there a sail away party on deck? There usually is a sail away party on the Sea View deck (Deck 9)
  2. The pinnacle grill I noticed the kids are 1/2 of the adult price, is that the same at lunch what about As far as I know, there is no child's discount for lunch
  3. Are the reservations made at each restaurant or the front desk Reservations are not made at the Front Desk. There will be a "station" near the Lido on embarkation day where you can make reservations. Also, you can make reservations for any of the specialty restaurants at any of the specialty restaurants (in other words, you can make PG reservations at Canaletto).
  4. My teen wants to know if there are hot wings, I do not recall seeing hot wings served.
  5. Also we noticed the last activity at the loft is 11 what time is actual closing time. Don't know about this one.
  6. ]If he brings his football if the basketball court is empty can he play catch in there ( spring camp starts the day we get home) No idea on this one either.

Hope this helps.

Greetings and welcome, hope someone comes along soon who has experience with the HAL teen programs who can answer your questions. But from all prior reports the HAL teen programs get pretty high marks. All depends naturally on how many other teens are also on board. They seem to quickly form their own group and do things together -either organized or not.

There is a special "children's menu" (for teens?) but don't think I have seen hot wings - lots of other interesting items to try and there is always pizza, very good hamburgers, hot dogs fries at the Lido Dive-In and a full taco and nachos bar, along with some very interesting Asian bowls and sushi served at lunch in the buffet-Lido. The really fun food items show up at the "midnight buffet" which is about 10;30 or 11pm. More internationally inspired treats at that time.

The basketball court is isolated by itself on an upper deck so he can use it pretty much anyway that works for him, if no one else is using it. It is caged in with rope netting. Sadly we are hearing there are no longer any more sail away parties on the aft deck. But maybe it was just on certain ships or certain itineraries - others hopefully can help you out on that too. There tend to be early evening gatherings in the various bars and the upper Crows Nest and Bar is also great viewing spot when leaving port.

The pinnacle grill I noticed the kids are 1/2 of the adult price, is that the same at lunch what about

I think the information that the kids are 1/2 of the adult dinner price is pretty old. Where did you see that info? I've never seen a discount for kids at lunch.

Don't apologize for asking questions. That's what Cruise Critic is for! HAL ships vary,so it might help if you tell us which ship you'll be on. For example, Koningsdam doesn't have a taco bar. As far as I know it's the only ship that doesn't have one.

You can make dinner (but not lunch) reservations for specialty reservations in advance on HAL's website. You have to pay for it when you make the online booking, so if you're thinking of meals in the specialty restaurants as a way to use up OBC, wait and make reservations on board.

Don't apologize for asking questions. That's what Cruise Critic is for! HAL ships vary,so it might help if you tell us which ship you'll be on. For example, Koningsdam doesn't have a taco bar. As far as I know it's the only ship that doesn't have one.

You can make dinner (but not lunch) reservations for specialty reservations in advance on HAL's website. You have to pay for it when you make the online booking, so if you're thinking of meals in the specialty restaurants as a way to use up OBC, wait and make reservations on board.

The Konigsdam doesn't have a taco bar? Is there a taco/nacho station in the Lido or is it just not an option at all? A Dive-In Hot Dog and Nachos from the taco bar is one of my favorite cruise lunchtime indulgences.

The Konigsdam doesn't have a taco bar? Is there a taco/nacho station in the Lido or is it just not an option at all? A Dive-In Hot Dog and Nachos from the taco bar is one of my favorite cruise lunchtime indulgences.

No taco station out by Dive in and not at the buffet, either. I was soooo disappointed! I asked a supervisor at the buffet and was told that sometimes they have Mexican food at the international station ("distant lands"). I never saw that, either.

I like to get a basic salad at the salad station and then embellish it with some taco fillings and guacamole. And a few chips on the side. That's my onboard lunch routine, and instead of that I had to experiment with pizza and sandwiches. (I know, poor me) When we got to San Juan I went to Senor Frogs for a margarita and chips and guac.

We are going on the veendam for Easter.

There should be a podium across the hall from the Pinnacle Grill to make reservations. There will also be a podium at the forward starboard side of the Lido Market to make reservations for the Canaletto (actually just a part of the Lido Market). If you want a special time, it is best to book online.

There was a sail-away party on the Veendam Dec 2017 on the Deck 11 Retreat with drinks and appetizers.

There are chicken wings available daily in the Mix Bar on Deck 8 from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it until I got home and checked all of the menus that I had scanned. I will be back on the Veendam in November and will be ordering wings to keep in my minibar for late snacks. Here is the Mix Bar menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Cocktail-Bar.pdf

Here is a link to the Where & Whens (daily activities) for my 14-day Caribbean cruise to give you an idea of activities while on board.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/on-locations-specific-cruises/caribbean-ms-veendam-14-day-when-where-daily-activities-2017/

Here is a link to my photo review of the Veendam to help you get oriented to the ship:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-veendam-on-board/

Enjoy your cruise planning. You will enjoy the Veendam as almost everything is located on Deck 8.

I got it from cruise critics site https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2270

Hmm, a recent article and yet they have the price for dinner in the PG incorrect. dinner in the PG is $35 not the $29 they state in the article.

I would double check with HAL or on board on the 1/2 price for children. I believe that was removed some time ago and on one of our cruises, our roll call members had children and they were not given a discount.

1. is there a sail away party on deck?
  2. The pinnacle grill I noticed the kids are 1/2 of the adult price, is that the same at lunch what about
  3. Are the reservations made at each restaurant or the front desk
  4. My teen wants to know if there are hot wings,
  5. Also we noticed the last activity at the loft is 11 what time is actual closing time.
  6. ]If he brings his football if the basketball court is empty can he play catch in there ( spring camp starts the day we get home)

Have you tried to contact the Holland America Line? They are very informative and can probably answer your questions.

I have never seen a football used in the Basketball area.

Hmm, a recent article and yet they have the price for dinner in the PG incorrect. dinner in the PG is $35 not the $29 they state in the article.

I would double check with HAL or on board on the 1/2 price for children. I believe that was removed some time ago and on one of our cruises, our roll call members had children and they were not given a discount.

It appears to have incorrect pricing on caviar, also. $45.... that is old info I think, because the "sample menu" included with the article shows the $70 price.

OP you definitely need to at least start a new thread specifically about the PG/kids' discount to see if you can get more info here. Failing that, you could contact HAL.

First time in HAL....what's a dive in?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Forums mobile app

Here is a link to the Dive In eatery served from a walk-up window next to the indoor pools. Everything is cooked to order.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-nieuw-amsterdam-on-board-images/nieuw-amsterdam-dining-2/nieuw-amsterdam-dining-dive-in/

The Dive In is a walk up burger/hot dog/chicken sandwich "restaurant" located on the Lido Deck, near the pool. The burgers, hot dogs and fries are to die for!

I called Hal about pinnacle kids pricing and they confirmed it was $35 for all. Too bad. We had a wonderful dinner there last year, but dh and I were free. Definitely not paying full price for the 4 of us.

I called Hal about pinnacle kids pricing and they confirmed it was $35 for all. Too bad. We had a wonderful dinner there last year, but dh and I were free. Definitely not paying full price for the 4 of us.

Thanks, my oldest would enjoy it my youngest would have struggled to find something.