Escape to Breakaway to Gem am I going to be disappointed??

Smong

We have sailed on the Breakaway then the Escape and now we are leaving Saturday on the Gem. Am I going to miss the mega ship? I’m starting to be concerned! Please all you Gem lovers tell me why you love it so much?!

DW and I sailed on the Epic and Escape before sailing on the 10 day Gem in February. We LOVED the Gem! It’s the right size to be able to do everything, but never felt crowded or small. The one thing we missed from the larger ships was a dedicated adults only sun deck. As long as you are ok without Spice H2O or the Vibe, you should be fine! Enjoy your trip!

DW and I sailed on the Epic and Escape before sailing on the 10 day Gem in February. We LOVED the Gem! It’s the right size to be able to do everything, but never felt crowded or small. The one thing we missed from the larger ships was a dedicated adults only sun deck. As long as you are ok without Spice H2O or the Vibe, you should be fine! Enjoy your trip!

So glad to hear this! We are in the haven so we have the haven sun deck! So if that’s all you missed we should be fine!😀

We were in the OS on the Gem in March. Just loved it. Elvira the consierge was out of the this world. The ship looks great. The Haven was great, with the private sundeck.

We’ve not done a mega ship but loved the lay out and the Haven staff abd butler made our trip. If you get Randy he was amazing. Enjoy your cruise

I've sailed on all three. All three cruises were very enjoyable. I loved the size of the Gem. On the larger ships I always feel like I'm missing something and frequently get home post cruise thinking "Dang. I meant to do X and never got around to it." I likely miss things on the smaller ships too but at least I don't feel like it. I passed on getting a spa pass on Escape because I felt that the spa on Gem was much better. Enjoy your cruise.

Our second NCL was on the Jewel, the next was the Breakaway. I was concerned that I would miss the bells and whistles on our next cruise on the Gem, but felt the opposite, fewer crowds, really enjoyed the Great Outdoors and Spinnakers, better flow, especially the pool deck.

I remember sailing on the Gem for the first time after sailing on the larger ships. I was initially not impressed, that impression quickly changed for the better. The Gem is my favorite ship and we try to sail her whenever we can.

Thank you all so much! Now I’m feeling a lot better! I’ve seen many posts about the Gem and how people love it. Just wasn’t sure about going from big ship to smaller but you have all made me feel better! 🤗

The Gem feels less like a hotel than the Breakaway and the crew seems to interact more with the guests. Your breakfast and lunch will be in Cagney's, which is lovely.

And.... The theater seats are wayyyy more comfortable!

For me, my favorite part is that the pool area on the Gem is much better than the Breakaway. From the way the pools are set up to the bars as well.

Spinaker's is a great place for the sail away, which IMO the Breakaway sorely lacks.

We have sailed on the Breakaway then the Escape and now we are leaving Saturday on the Gem. Am I going to miss the mega ship? I’m starting to be concerned! Please all you Gem lovers tell me why you love it so much?!

We have been on the Gem, Breakaway, Getaway, our first love is the Gem, you will love it the Haven sundeck is great ( better then the Mega ships)in my opinion........you will be fine, we love the Gem

Ok I have been on Breakaway and Gem in the Haven. I personally didn’t like the Haven experience on the Gem. The courtyard is smaller on Gem. There is no Haven lounge on Gem also no Haven restaurant on Gem, which to me is a big thing. The Haven restaurant on Breakaway has excellent food and you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner there. You can also find the concierge on the Breakaway at his desk. On Gem you can’t always find her. If you weren’t in the Haven, yes you may like the Gem better. But if you’re paying extra for the Haven experience you don’t get it on the Gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I have been on Breakaway and Gem in the Haven. I personally didn’t like the Haven experience on the Gem. The courtyard is smaller on Gem. There is no Haven lounge on Gem also no Haven restaurant on Gem, which to me is a big thing. The Haven restaurant on Breakaway has excellent food and you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner there. You can also find the concierge on the Breakaway at his desk. On Gem you can’t always find her. If you weren’t in the Haven, yes you may like the Gem better. But if you’re paying extra for the Haven experience you don’t get it on the Gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm this doesnt make me feel too good! Good thing this was a free CAS cruise for us!

I suspect that you are going to be pleasantly surprised. The "smaller" ships are much nicer than the mega ships. (Smaller is a relative term no mass market line has a small ship).