Shampoo & Conditioner on Explorer of the Seas?

Hello! We booked a Pacific Coastal cruise on the Explorer of the Seas in Sept 2018. I was reading one review that stated shampoo & conditioner were not provided and you could purchase it in the gift shop. Has anyone who recently sailed this ship experienced the same? Or could this have been a mistake by the cabin steward? I am very surprised if this is the case on the entire ship. If this is true, then I will need to remember to pack shampoo for both of our cabins.

Thank you!

Go down one of the hallways where there are the most suites in one area, like deck 11.

Then find a steward cart in the hallway and take some of the shampoo, conditioner, & other stuff they don't provide to the regular cabins.

I have done this a few times when I needed some supplies...

Thank you for your responses. I'm really surprised that shampoo and conditioner are only provided to suites on Explorer. Last year, I sailed on the Anthem and received both in our Inside cabin. I will plan to pack some to bring on board just in case none is provided.

Thank you for your responses. I'm really surprised that shampoo and conditioner are only provided to suites on Explorer. Last year, I sailed on the Anthem and received both in our Inside cabin. I will plan to pack some to bring on board just in case none is provided.

Please re-read post #2.

Your confused by MM's post. Shampoo/conditioner and soap are provided in each and every stateroom and suite. Who ever told you this or wherever you read this it's FALSE.

I never get excited about issues like this...I can wash my hair with dish washing liquid and as long as I have my little tube of L'oreal conditioner that comes with my hair color and lasts a couple of months, packs well, takes up no room in the case and makes my hair soft and silky, I am good. Non issue for me. Soap is soap to me, doesn't matter what it says it's for. I never notice what's in there, I just use whatever they put in. I would never dream of switching lines or canceling a cruise for such a silly little reason. Same with chocolates on my pillow, people wearing shorts to dinner or no lobster tails....:cool:

But.......whatever floats your boat....:halo:

There is a dispenser in the shower with a shampoo/conditioner combo.

Sorry Bob, I missed your first response. Thank you so much for this information......good to know!

For those of you who are interested, here is the link to the review I read regarding no shampoo & conditioner. For some reason, it is mentioned under the "Food" category of the review.: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=581496

I never get excited about issues like this...I can wash my hair with dish washing liquid and as long as I have my little tube of L'oreal conditioner that comes with my hair color and lasts a couple of months, packs well, takes up no room in the case and makes my hair soft and silky, I am good. Non issue for me. Soap is soap to me, doesn't matter what it says it's for. I never notice what's in there, I just use whatever they put in. I would never dream of switching lines or canceling a cruise for such a silly little reason.
BecciBoo......I have no intentions of canceling my cruise over shampoo, but I just want to know if I need to bring my own. I am not picky about the toiletries that are provided. I use whatever is available on the ship. I just don't like to over pack and prefer not bringing items that are provided. I enjoyed my last cruise on the Anthem and I know I will enjoy this one as well.

I appreciate everyone's response!

Edited by dmlee1990

My comment was not directed to you personally. It was a general comment about some people getting that upset about those sorts of issues...as we have read in many posts....did not mean to imply you said that.

I understood your comment entirely.

For those of you who are interested, here is the link to the review I read regarding no shampoo & conditioner. For some reason, it is mentioned under the "Food" category of the review.: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=581496

The problem is that the comment has no context. If the reviewer happened to get those items on the last cruise and not on this cruise they would think they were taken away. But, they didn't mention that the shower has a dispenser and they didn't know that you could ask for them from the cabin steward. This is true for many reviews - without getting context, newbies could be let astray.

Your confused by MM's post. Shampoo/conditioner and soap are provided in each and every stateroom and suite. Who ever told you this or wherever you read this it's FALSE.

Most people want to know if there are little tubes or bottles of shampoo & conditioner.

Many people do not consider whatever is in that dispenser the answer to the question.

That is the basis for my response.

dmlee, the Anthem DOES provide little tubes in all staterooms. Most of the other ships do not.

We are doing this cruise may 2018...4 days...excited to NOT have to fly to the port this time.

Any Royal ship I have been on has provided a dispenser in the shower for shampoo and conditioner.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

Most people want to know if there are little tubes or bottles of shampoo & conditioner.

Many people do not consider whatever is in that dispenser the answer to the question.

That is the basis for my response.

dmlee, the Anthem DOES provide little tubes in all staterooms. Most of the other ships do not.

Yes, thank you, Merion_Mom, we did have the little bottles of shampoo & conditioner on the Anthem last year. I didn't realize all the other RCI ships have dispensers inside the shower. I've never seen dispensers in the showers before. The Anthem was our first RCI cruise, and the other cruiselines I've sailed also provided the little bottles.

We are doing this cruise may 2018...4 days...excited to NOT have to fly to the port this time.

Any Royal ship I have been on has provided a dispenser in the shower for shampoo and conditioner.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, thank you, Merion_Mom, we did have the little bottles of shampoo & conditioner on the Anthem last year. I didn't realize all the other RCI ships have dispensers inside the shower. I've never seen dispensers in the showers before. The Anthem was our first RCI cruise, and the other cruiselines I've sailed also provided the little bottles.

Several of the newer ships, and the Vision, do not have the dispensers.

• 1 month later...

Our understanding is RCL has the dispensers and only provides tubes to Diamond or higher classes. We have requested tubes from the room steward on a few occasions and they were provided. The room steward told us about the Diamond and higher rule. We also sail Celebrity in addition to RCL and they always have tubes in the bathroom of shampoo, conditioner and lotion no matter what the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
I never get excited about issues like this...I can wash my hair with dish washing liquid and as long as I have my little tube of L'oreal conditioner that comes with my hair color and lasts a couple of months, packs well, takes up no room in the case and makes my hair soft and silky, I am good. Non issue for me. Soap is soap to me, doesn't matter what it says it's for. I never notice what's in there, I just use whatever they put in. I would never dream of switching lines or canceling a cruise for such a silly little reason. Same with chocolates on my pillow, people wearing shorts to dinner or no lobster tails....:cool:

But.......whatever floats your boat....:halo:

(y)