Premium Beverage Package Question

sammyreddog

Hi!

Booked on Reflection in 2018. Upgraded to Premium beverage package. Question is that it says it includes drinks up to $13, but the martini menus I have seen on line have most of the martinis at $15+. Also, at the mixology bar, I recall that those drinks were more expensive. Anyone know if the drinks at the martini bar and mixology bar will be included? TIA

I don't understand, we've just got off the Eclipse and we had a premium package and all the martini's exceeded $13 so they all incurred the $1 or $2 charge as they were outside the premium package.

And we got off the Millennium 2 weeks ago. Virtually all the martinis were $12 and thus were included in the premium package. Is Celebrity rolling out a price increase for the Martini Bar? Is it possible pricing is different between the S class and M class ships?

I don't understand, we've just got off the Eclipse and we had a premium package and all the martini's exceeded $13 so they all incurred the $1 or $2 charge as they were outside the premium package.

Maybe something different with tips? Were tips added to the premium package?

Laura

The drink prices can change depending on the itinerary. Pretty sure that some itineraries incur VAT which bumps the drink prices up. The regular prices at the Martini Bar and World class bar are usually under the $13 with a couple of exceptions unless you are on one of those unfortunate cruises where the taxes get ya. I think it's just a EU thing. If your cruise does not stop at a non-EU nation you have to pay the VAT on everything for the entire cruise.

Edited by TFLG

I think Mynki is incorrect.

All I can say is that I last ordered drinks from both the Martini Bar and the World Class Bar on the Eclipse this february and were not charged for any of them as I had the premium package. This was also the case on our previous sailing in 2016 out of Southampton.

Things could have changed though.

Hi!

Booked on Reflection in 2018. Upgraded to Premium beverage package. Question is that it says it includes drinks up to $13, but the martini menus I have seen on line have most of the martinis at $15+. Also, at the mixology bar, I recall that those drinks were more expensive. Anyone know if the drinks at the martini bar and mixology bar will be included? TIA

We usually get the premium package, but on the last cruise we settled for the Classic package. It didn’t stop me from having a nightly Martini at the Martini bar. I paid the extra 3 or 4 dollars and by the end of the cruise, it was still less than upgrading. The only difference was that we settled for tap water instead of Evian at dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Onboard Summit now. I can confirm that on this itinerary the martinis are $12 each and thus covered under the premium package.

The only exceptions are a Celebrity 25 year anniversary martini ($14) and a martini flight which is a collection of small and different martinis for people to try and find their favorite. People on the premium package are unlikely to buy this though I would have thought.

I can also confirm that after spending a day drinking a few beers and cocktails followed by three glasses of wine with dinner that it's not a very good idea to sample four martinis in quick succession... I really did enjoy the silent disco at the Martini Bar last night though. :D

Just about ALL the drinks at the Martini Bar are included. The World Class Bar has a few which you would pay a $2-$4 additional fee. Do try the Zacapa Old Fashioned cocktail. No upgrade and it is amazing.

We were on the Equinox in October with Premium Pkg. Everything I ordered at Martini Bar and World Class Bar was covered. I think the flights on martinis at the Martini Bar are not covered under the Premium Pkg.

I tried the Zacapa Old Fashioned and it was amazingly wonderful!

A few dollars of a tip throughout the cruise and I never get charged plus I don't wait in line. Drinks just arrive when the glass is empty.

I think all those martinis impacted your memory! :evilsmile::cool:;p

Almost all are included with no surcharge if you have a premium package. If you got charged you must have had the classic package - or it was an itinerary that collected VAT tax.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder if they very recently increased prices ? I was just looking at a PDF and martinis are $15....

Was the pdf for cruises out of Europe? I have been on Royal where they up the price to include the tip amount in their drinks, so they don’t see tips adds on the receipt on cruise fro Southampton.

Is this a recent change? I will be really upset if this is the case. The martini bar is the number one reason we upgrade.

I also second the Zacapa Old Fashioned - it is really good!

My guess (and it's just that - a guess) is that this passenger actually had the Classic Package.

The post is from October when the Eclipse was in Europe. In England the gratuities are included in the price of drinks AND in the limits on the packages so the Martinis that are $13 in the US are $15 in England. The Premium package limit is also $15 on those cruises. The Classic limit would also be increased to reflect inclusion of gratuities but still wouldn't be enough to cover the price of most of the Martinis.

EDIT: I just went back and read all of the old posts on this thread and lots of people came to the same conclusion that I did.