Koningsdam Feb 18-25 sailing

caribbeanboy

I must say it was a wonderful cruise with some choppy seas, but I love when the sea is rough!

I ate all my meals at the buffet. From all my 49 cruises, this was one of the best buffet food on a ship. The desserts were so so in my opinion. I usually like to try out the specialty restaurants, but the buffet was so good that in the end I never hit one of those pay restaurants. Service was excellent too. A big difference with my cruise in December on the Royal Princess (yes I know it's another line, but same parent company) where the food has gone down the hill. Going in 2 weeks on the Regal and curious to see if it was a chef thing or if it is the food that has declined.

I ate 3 times at Dive Inn and always very good, but I'm not a burger kind of guy. I prefer real food. On the last day I had the signature pizza and for my tasting it lacked some taste.

The other place I loved was the Dutch Café. I went every day and sometimes twice per day. Having lived in Holland for 9 years, I was well familiar with the offerings on the menu. My favorites being "broodje kroket", haring and the pancakes with apple and spek(bacon). Always excellent service provided by the 4 dutch employees working there. Naomi being my favorite. Such a sweetheart.

Can't commend about the shows, because I never went to one. Was a lot in my cabin watching the episodes of Big Bang Theory and the nature documentaries by David Attenborough.

The ship is beautifully decorated. Very good job done by the interior architect. Guess it was done by Bjorn Storbraaten.

The other thing I noticed was how polite everybody was. Everybody would say good morning or hello. Something not often seen when at sea..even when selling on decks the t-shirts would stay at their place if you know what I mean (lol)

All in all a very nice cruise, and I'm already looking at another HAL cruise before the end of the year.

Thank you for sharing your experience on Koningsdam. Kdam is really one of our favourite ships on any line. We also enjoyed the food, but we did have dinners in the MDR, PG and Tamarind. We did the buffet for lunch most days and thought the food was for the most part, quite good.

Glad you liked her

Also a big fan of the Dutch Café the gals there are so nice. Question. The seating area to the back of the bar was it open windows where you could look outside or did they still have the thick decorative shades up?

Hopefully the buffet on the Regal hasn't gone downhill. It was pretty good when she first came out and the layout is awesome.