Costa Maya Excursion

Just asked similar Question on Roll Call I've Narrowed it down to Maya Chan (all inclusive) or Tropicanti alacart, Both need prior Reservations.Our sailing is full so they may also be.

Have you checked what other ships are in port that same day?

Another vote in support of Tropicante. Steve has a great setup and the food and service are awesome. I was there last year and fell asleep while having one of those beach side massages. I have been there twice and the cext cruise that I am on that stops in Costa Maya will have me parked on one of Steve's loungers enjoying the surroundings.

Roadsofa

What makes Maya Chan so popular? From what I hear, the water has seaweed and not as pretty as other spots. Is it the all you can drink that makes it popular (which personally I wouldn't want when being near water)?

Very peaceful, excellent service, tasty food, friendly people.

I went to Tropicante a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I have not been to Maya Chan but it usually gets good reviews.

When we got to Tropicante they had reserved us loungers and a table in the shade but when we said we wanted 4 loungers in the sun they made it happen. Food was great and for 8 of us the total was $175 before tip. That number included a T shirt for my 10 year old son who only had a wet swim shirt b/c we forgot to pack a dry one. They also found my wife a new pair of flip flops for $10 when hers ripped and we didn't feel like haggling.

Clarea suggested looking at the Costa Maya Port of Call Forum. I second that suggestion. I found lots of useful info by reading the threads. When you go there you will see that there are other places that also get high marks. You might find something else that fits your party better. Enjoy your trip.

Very peaceful, excellent service, tasty food, friendly people.

I agree and add that some of the spots have loungers and hammocks right at your "reserved spot". Repeat customers also receive a small discount!!!! We love the place and having transportation to and from the club is a big plus. Their homemade chips, avocado dip and salsa was so tasty and replenished regularly............and the buffet was fresh cooked. The only downside is that bumpy road................hopefully it will be repaired as there were mounds of sand near the potholes or should I say the craters!!!!!!

What makes Maya Chan so popular? From what I hear, the water has seaweed and not as pretty as other spots. Is it the all you can drink that makes it popular (which personally I wouldn't want when being near water)?

Service is excellent (drink deliveries by kayak is pretty awesome), small number of guests, food is very good. The sea grass doesn’t bother me.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums