Vision of the Sea ?

Ashland

Just booked a Vision cruise for Med & Greece ... great itinerary and JS cabin location.

I haven't sailed on her since she left San Pedro Ca...sooo looong ago I know.

Tell me about her now please.

Just booked a Vision cruise for Med & Greece ... great itinerary and JS cabin location.

I haven't sailed on her since she left San Pedro Ca...sooo looong ago I know.

Tell me about her now please.

Just curious - which sailing did you book as we are looking at the same ship and itinerary, as well as a JS based on the pricing.

Just curious - which sailing did you book as we are looking at the same ship and itinerary, as well as a JS based on the pricing.

I booked May 18, 2019 - May 30, 2019 .... best of luck .... maybe you'll cruise with us ... this looks like a great itinerary.

Got it thanks so much for the links....seems like a real mix of pro's & con's.

I booked cabin #8590...not much info on this location.

We were in 8590 last July on Vision in the Baltics. LOVED IT! The Aft Cabins have HUGE Balconies. The corner are, of course, the very best. But 8590 had a huge balcony with 2 loungers, and a table and 2 chairs. We were a group of 12 adults and we all easily fit on the balcony. I took one pic with all of us lined up against the balcony rail and we all fit.

The cabin is a JS. There is no walkin closet in the JS on Vision Class, but the cabin is great. We did experience some vibration but nothing to keep us from booking it again. In fact, this was our 3rd Vision Class Aft Balcony JS. We had 2 on Rhapsody for Alaska and Greek Isles.

Some hints. If you go up the starboard hall (straight out of your cabin), on your left just a few cabins up, is a stairway. This will take you to the spa reception area, and if you go out of the spa you come to the Solarium and easy and quick access to the Park Cafe. Really very convenient. The door is unlocked whenever the spa is open.

Couple of other comments, it is a long walk to everything, but well worth it. We never had any noise issues or any issues with soot from the stacks. We love Aft JS's on Vision Class and will book them any chance we get, especially when in Europe or Alaska where the scenery is so spectacular. You'll love cabin 8590.

As for the ship, we loved her too. She is old, and there are a few worn spots. But the crew was fantastic and she is still in great shape. Mose importantly, Vision Class is perfect for the Med and Greek Isles. You'll be very happy.

it is a long walk to everything, but well worth it.

Short walk up the "secret stairs" from deck 8 aft starboard through the Vitality Spa entrance, into the Solarium and the fantastic Park Cafe set-up. Hope they haven't locked the door to the public and it's still accessible for you.

Short walk up the "secret stairs" from deck 8 aft starboard through the Vitality Spa entrance, into the Solarium and the fantastic Park Cafe set-up. Hope they haven't locked the door to the public and it's still accessible for you.

The secret stairs are still there and available. They are across from cabin 8578

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those are very convenient, we used them quite often.:)

All the JS are just under the pool deck. We did get some noise at night in 8028. Aft is likely better. Couldn't believe the number of drawers in the cabin - 10 plus two more hidden in the bottom corner of the closet.

All the JS are just under the pool deck. We did get some noise at night in 8028. Aft is likely better. Couldn't believe the number of drawers in the cabin - 10 plus two more hidden in the bottom corner of the closet.

That's the unfortunate layout with Vision in that most JS's and all GS's and above are under a public deck.

Of course I'll miss the walkin (on other ships) closet but will make due...thanks for the info on the number of drawers.

It's been a long time since we were on Vision and usually sailed with our then teenage kids (now adults with families) in the RFS (gosh those were some small balconies).

We are just off the Vision in cabin 8592—will never book this cabin again! Loved the large balcony but because of the terrible vibrations was not able to sit and read on the balcony, consequently we didn't use the balcony like we normally would. One night the vibration noise was so loud we couldn’t sleep.

This location may be ok in the Med, we were out of Galveston on the short 4 and 5 day cruises and because of the distance of the ports from Galveston the Capt had to travel at 23 knots which really caused almost unbearable vibrations, at slower speeds the vibrations were not that noticeable.

Be ware of any Suite (except aft) on this ship, you will hear noise from above!

I will say the crew, staff and officers on this ship are just about the friendliest we’ve ever encountered on a cruise ship. Think because the ship doesn't have all the extras they go over and beyond to make it a positive experience.

Carla

I will say the crew, staff and officers on this ship are just about the friendliest we’ve ever encountered on a cruise ship. Think because the ship doesn't have all the extras they go over and beyond to make it a positive experience.

Carla

That seems to be the case on other Vision class ships as well. One of the best crews we've experienced as well was on Grandeur - on more than one occasion on her.