Carnival Easy Pay

Has anyone used the Carnival Easy Pay?

Pros/Cons?

My kids are using it because it breaks it down into payments they can afford each month and they all pretty much suck at long-term budgeting.

I use it, well not the easy pay part, but the PayPal part. I absolutely love the fact that I can pay cash straight out of my bank account. I did it for my last cruise and we had no problems. I could pay some every pay period. I don’t use credit cards, and that makes it very hard to book vacations without one. This option is perfect for us. I thought about using the Easypay this time but I am paying for eight people and wanted a little bit of control over my payments and when I made them.

However, I agree with you both. If my millennial children had to pay their own way, I would recommend the Easy Pay option. Like yours, they suck at budgeting for the future. One lives “in the moment” and the other thinks, “meh, worry about retirement?, that’s a long way off, I have plenty of time”. LOL , if only they knew........

My kids are using it because it breaks it down into payments they can afford each month and they all pretty much suck at long-term budgeting.

I used it for my upcoming cruise and really like the option. I prefer to pay a bit every month towards the cruise rather than one large payment and this just makes it easier. Nothing to remember, just wooshes the payment automatically.

I don't really see any cons. You can always opt out of it if you need to for any reason.

I used it for my upcoming cruise and really like the option. I prefer to pay a bit every month towards the cruise rather than one large payment and this just makes it easier. Nothing to remember, just wooshes the payment automatically.

I don't really see any cons. You can always opt out of it if you need to for any reason.

You can make small monthly payments using a credit card just go and make a payment anytime you want and at least with a credit card you can earn some points to use for later

I honestly don’t see the point of it. You can basically do your own easy pay. You can pay as much as want whenever you want as long as it’s paid in full by the due date. For my upcoming cruise I would buy a discounted $100 gift card every pay and I had it paid off in no time.

I honestly don’t see the point of it. You can basically do your own easy pay. You can pay as much as want whenever you want as long as it’s paid in full by the due date. For my upcoming cruise I would buy a discounted $100 gift card every pay and I had it paid off in no time.

Agree - I just throw some cash in the desk drawer each month - when final pay day arrives, use the credit card to pay in full, stop buy the bank to zero out the credit card charge.

I am vehemently opposed to giving Carnival any money until it is due - sometimes plans change (and yes, I ALWAYS buy insurance)

so what is the EZ Pay advantage? Is it just a " lay away" plan? Doesn't it have to be paid for the usual deadline before the cruise?

The advantage is that Carnival makes a draft/charge to your credit/debit card automatically each month, where if you don;t enroll, you can still make payments at any time before the paid in full date, but someone may forget to make a payment one month, and then have a bigger payment next month.

I realize that either way, you are paying the same amount overall, just trying to point out that the EZ Pay is just auto drafted. To me, that is the advantage that most would choose it for.

I have two cabins booked on the 12/28/19 Panorama, and I'm using Easy Pay because the monthly payments are so small I won't notice the extra on my SW card. I'll earn miles, pay no interest, and it will be sort of like a free cruise.

I agree that easy pay is another way to plan for cruises and pay over time. I have 3 cruises planned and set it up for two of them. I got them paid off and now on to the next. I have the charges going to amex and it is paid off every month but I don’t have to think about it. In the past I would pay the deposit but then wait until the due date to pay the lump sum. It’s better to be able to pay it in a smaller increments.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don’t get it either. I’ve always paid what I wanted , when I wanted. Other than the ability of using pay pal, I don’t see the big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the Easy Pay. I have an October 2019 sailing booked that's just $25.85/month on my credit card. Just set it and forget it. Sure I can throw that money into a drawer each month---but I can just as easily take it out and spend it too. Easy Pay makes sure it goes straight to Carnival for those like myself who are budget challenged. :)

I use it, well not the easy pay part, but the PayPal part. I absolutely love the fact that I can pay cash straight out of my bank account. I did it for my last cruise and we had no problems. I could pay some every pay period. I don’t use credit cards, and that makes it very hard to book vacations without one. This option is perfect for us. I thought about using the Easypay this time but I am paying for eight people and wanted a little bit of control over my payments and when I made them.

However, I agree with you both. If my millennial children had to pay their own way, I would recommend the Easy Pay option. Like yours, they suck at budgeting for the future. One lives “in the moment” and the other thinks, “meh, worry about retirement?, that’s a long way off, I have plenty of time”. LOL , if only they knew........

It's very easy to book a cruise without a credit card. We always book and pay the deposit with a debit card. We know how much is left to pay and how many months we have to pay it off. We figure out much we need to pay each month. Every month we make a payment online with a debit card until it is paid in full.

It's very easy to book a cruise without a credit card. We always book and pay the deposit with a debit card. We know how much is left to pay and how many months we have to pay it off. We figure out much we need to pay each month. Every month we make a payment online with a debit card until it is paid in full.

Which is exactly what Easy Pay does. Mine is on my debit card. The only difference with Easy Pay is that it happens automatically without my having to do anything. Most of my bills are set up this way. Convenient.