Regatta In-Room Dining with Butler

JJSUmpire

Well, maybe not dining with the butler :confused:....but you know what I mean.

The wife and I are sailing in July on the 10-night Alaska itinerary for our anniversary. We're on Regatta in a PH suite. One of the reasons I booked that level was the in-room butler/dining option. I have a few questions on that topic:

1. I know we are allowed 4 reservations (2 each) at Polo and Toscana. Does eating in your room with the "any restaurant via your butler" option impact your 4 reservations? Or can we order off the Toscana menu 5 nights from our room and still go to our 2 reservations in the actual restaurant?

2. When you're using the butler in-room dining option can you order multiple entrees?

3. For that matter, in general at Polo/Toscana restaurants, are you limited to a single entree or can you go wild? I know they are the "fancy" restaurants so perhaps they limit how many filets and lobster tails you can have? We just returned from our first Disney cruise and I definitely took advantage of the "order whatever you want" leniency. (y)

4. The room diagram shows a bed, a couch, and 2 chairs on the balcony. Where do you eat? We have this glorious vision of sitting on our balcony while we cruise through Alaska and are served course-after-course from our butler. But I don't remember seeing anything about a dining table in the 322 SQF room.

5. In the morning can you get hot food via butler/room service? Some posts talk about only getting cold food options in the morning in your room but I don't know if they were in a PH.

6. It sounds like the olive oil/vinegar cart at Toscana is pretty cool. Do you totally lose out on that if you dine in your room off the Toscana menu or will they bring you whatever you want?

7. Do both of us have to order off the same menu (from the same restaurant) or can we pick and choose from all restaurants for a single meal?

Before I get blasted with "these questions have been asked/answered in other posts" response I'll assure you I searched this site for answers and didn't find them and I looked on the Oceania site. All I found there was the little "+" mark which only said "some restrictions apply" next to the butler dining bullet point. It's possible I didn't come up with the right key word when searching this site for please forgive me if these have been asked/answered. I tried to find them and couldn't.

Thanks for your help. :cool:

Well, maybe not dining with the butler :confused:....but you know what I mean.

The wife and I are sailing in July on the 10-night Alaska itinerary for our anniversary. We're on Regatta in a PH suite. One of the reasons I booked that level was the in-room butler/dining option. I have a few questions on that topic:

1. I know we are allowed 4 reservations (2 each) at Polo and Toscana. Does eating in your room with the "any restaurant via your butler" option impact your 4 reservations? Or can we order off the Toscana menu 5 nights from our room and still go to our 2 reservations in the actual restaurant?

You can use the allotted reservations & the in suite dining

But be sure to try the GDR & the Terrace

2. When you're using the butler in-room dining option can you order multiple entrees?

YES

3. For that matter, in general at Polo/Toscana restaurants, are you limited to a single entree or can you go wild? I know they are the "fancy" restaurants so perhaps they limit how many filets and lobster tails you can have?

Go WILD ..you may want to pack stretchy clothes

4. The room diagram shows a bed, a couch, and 2 chairs on the balcony. Where do you eat? We have this glorious vision of sitting on our balcony while we cruise through Alaska and are served course-after-course from our butler. But I don't remember seeing anything about a dining table in the 322 SQF room.

I do not think there is room on the balcony there may be but there is a table in the PH suite

5. In the morning can you get hot food via butler/room service? Some posts talk about only getting cold food options in the morning in your room but I don't know if they were in a PH.

Yes PH you can get hot food for breakfast just the B to G cabins have continental offerings

Thanks for your help. :cool:

Enjoy the cruise

Hope you explore the rest of the ship :evilsmile:

There is a small glass table in your room (towards the veranda next to the two easy chairs). The butler will put a table cloth on this and do the serving course by course if so desired. At one time they had a wood extension they would put on the table to make it bigger. But we have not seen that in our last 4 cruises on R ships.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/regatta/suites-staterooms/penthouse-suite/

I've been told that you need to order from the same restaurant while dining in room. No mix and match. Although we've had this discussion before and some people posted their butler allowed it.

I'm pretty sure the oil cart is not coming to your room, but if you know what you want and ask the butler chances are he might be able to bring you a couple of bowls of oil and vinegar.

I'm pretty sure the oil cart is not coming to your room

That's it. I'm cancelling the cruise. :mad:

I bet/hope you're right that if we ask for A, B, and C they'll bring us a little of each (just not on a cart).

Thanks for the feedback.

Make sure you specify you want it course by course.On our first cruise, I told our butler early on that I wanted to have dinner in the room, but I wanted it to be on a day when he wasn't too busy with other in room diners. I asked him one day if THIS was a good day to dine in, and he said yes. The dinner was all delivered at once and he was gone. I was shocked! Never came back to ask about dessert or coffee. Being a newbie, I wanted to reread about in suite dining before I said anything, but yes, it was still in the literature.

I spoke to the concierge the following day. Our butler offered to do dinner in our suite again, but somehow it had lost its sparkle.

We have done it once since. We sat at the small table at the foot of the bed on Riviera. Things came in courses, but after it arrived, all the food covers started to amass on the bed. The table was too small for the mains/sides/cutlery/glasses. No larger table cover was ever produced.

Prefer to dine in the restaurants now.

In one way I think this is funny. So many people think Oceania is better thsnnAZ but AZ has a table on balcony so big but two can eat there.

As far as the table at the foot of the bed beats the tiny one on the R ships. Never took the time fir dinner in room. Found it to hard to reach a butler, on AZ each butler has a phone and answers unless with another guest. So I call back.

If all those extras were on my nice bed I would remove them to the hallway.

I think you really need to be in a bigger suite to have the right effect your looking for at dinner.

I think I agree. Unfortunately the $8K that would cost to bump up a level isn't going to happen this time. Maybe down the road.....

We have never found the ph suitable for course by course proper dining. Just too small. A larger suite with a real dining table works

If we are in a ph we tend to order a bunch of appetizers from the specialties. We find small plates work better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have never found the ph suitable for course by course proper dining. Just too small. A larger suite with a real dining table works

If we are in a ph we tend to order a bunch of appetizers from the specialties. We find small plates work better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I completely agree.

For me, the best meal in a PH is a burger and 2 martinis.

Quick and easy.

We have done it once since. We sat at the small table at the foot of the bed on Riviera. Things came in courses, but after it arrived, all the food covers started to amass on the bed. The table was too small for the mains/sides/cutlery/glasses. No larger table cover was ever produced.

Prefer to dine in the restaurants now.

You would think they would remove the serving covers & put them in their pantry or at least not on your bedding

Maybe you just had a bad butler