Expulsion from Pacific Explorer.

the stupid thing is that these blokes seem to think being kicked off the ship was all part of the awesome bucks party plus the media attention. OMG this bucks party is legendary.

Let’s hope no one else decides that this behaviour on a cruise is the way to make for a legendary party.

Agreed, some of the costs of the return trip going their way may be a nice incentive for others not to do it.

strange there are several Princess 2 nighters from Sydney to Brisbane and back and we have been on one or two

Not really when you look at the itineraries before and after those 2 nighters. Princess often offers multiple embarkation and disembarkation options on bigger cruises, and fills the cabins of those that disembarked at an early port with short cruise passengers. We had that on a PNG cruise we did a couple of years ago. Many passengers disembarked in Brisbane and a new lot came aboard for the trip down to Sydney which is where we disembarked.

Those cruises don't tend to end up as booze cruises because they are one-way and there is a high percentage of passengers remaining on the ship from the original cruise.

We don't want another Pacific Sky Brimble tragedy. Those boys were out of control.:evilsmile:

Things can escalate real easy if left unchecked.

I wonder if the incident occurred somewhere where there was CCTV coverage. If so, I hope that was passed on to the police.

I think there could be more to the story than the snippets we're seeing on the media reports. One of the six guys that were taken off the ship is quoted as saying "It was one hell of a bucks party. It was just boys being boys." From a female perspective that type of comment immediately sets of alarm bells in my mind ie what sort of "boys will be boys" behaviour would trigger such an event?

I took it to just mean the aggro that occurred.

Not really when you look at the itineraries before and after those 2 nighters. Princess often offers multiple embarkation and disembarkation options on bigger cruises, and fills the cabins of those that disembarked at an early port with short cruise passengers. We had that on a PNG cruise we did a couple of years ago. Many passengers disembarked in Brisbane and a new lot came aboard for the trip down to Sydney which is where we disembarked.

Those cruises don't tend to end up as booze cruises because they are one-way and there is a high percentage of passengers remaining on the ship from the original cruise.

Correct, and they tend not to offer drink packages for the 2 nights.

I wonder if the incident occurred somewhere where there was CCTV coverage. If so, I hope that was passed on to the police.

If there was I would think the Senior Security Officer on board would have passed it on to investigating police, who are probably from Maritime Area Command - NSW Police.

Tell yu a story about ship's CCTV's. We were on th last cruise of ye olde Regal Princess from LA to Sydney in Sept 2007, prior to it being refitted as P&O Australia's Pacific Dawn. On the way from LA to Sydney, they fitted 50 additional CCTV cameras to various locations. Getting ready for the Aussie invasion !! True story.

Pacific Explorer being the former Dawn Princess which operated here for a few years is probably pretty well equipped with CCTV. I was on Dawn Princess some 5 years ago and she had quite a few CCTV cameras then, perhaps even more now.

Edited by NSWP

That's what I'd expect, Les.

I guess we'll never know exactly what happened though.

The media will follow this through the courts for sure, evidence will come out. But as for a conviction, who knows, time will tell.:rolleyes:

I'm betting those CCTV cameras have caught a few people doing ummm interesting things. New reality tv show "hidden camera cruise ship". [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Entertaining movies for the ship's security staff, I bet.:cool::o