Expulsion from Pacific Explorer.

When someone takes a glass and smashes it into the head area, face or neck of another person. Sometimes the assailant breaks the top of the glass first so the jagged edges do more damage. I have seen a couple of end results in Sydney in my working life, not a pretty sight. Not an uncommon occurrence in bars, nightclubs etc in Australia and in UK.

Another term is 'Glass them.':(:o

Sounds much messier than the traditional, American shooting. If any of these ships were American registered most onboard would be “carrying”.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It says the brawl occurred over a queue for the toilets. The Russian woman's husband was also involved

Well, a new cruising rage is born - 'Toilet Rage.' :') It can join 'Laundry Rage', 'Deck Chair/Lounger Rage' etc, etc.

The 'Toilet Rage Police are in training.' :rolleyes: Look for them soon on a cruise ship near you !!!!!!:evilsmile::halo:

Sounds much messier than the traditional, American shooting. If any of these ships were American registered most onboard would be “carrying”.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And that is a worry, we don't want any of that sort of stuff over here.:evilsmile:

I wonder if it was one of the Russian women they keep advertising for My Kitchen Rules.

Make interesting viewing if it were, better score them well.

Could be mate, good job MKR is not live as the Ruski would have to appear on Video Link from her cell at Silverwater Women's Prison. (Western Sydney.):cool:

Now these are only allegations mind you, sub judice. Let us not prejudge, in Straya everyone before the Court is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.:halo:

The six guys were allowed to leave and went drinking straight away.

Of course they drank on, they were contributing to the Carnival Corporation coffers. It is time the Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy applicable to each State was mandated on the ships and enforced, but of course it is not. I believe they tried it but it failed.

The ship's security officers are not experienced police officers, they try but most are former Nepalese Gurkha soldiers or former Indian soldiers. The senior security officers and I have met a few, as I present them with Police patches for their office collection, are often former Royal Navy Service Police/Master of Arms or Police Officers from here and abroad, a lot of Brits do the job. At the end of the day the ship's security officers, like other staff do not want confrontation. It is time they got a bit tougher and perhaps got a bit more support from P&O Australia/Carnival whoever.

Anyway, for me, wine o'clock, having a glass or two of Fifth Leg W.A. Shiraz, lubbly jubbly. I promise I won't 'glass' anybody, only myself.

Have a good evening my friends.

I think there could be more to the story than the snippets we're seeing on the media reports. One of the six guys that were taken off the ship is quoted as saying "It was one hell of a bucks party. It was just boys being boys." From a female perspective that type of comment immediately sets of alarm bells in my mind ie what sort of "boys will be boys" behaviour would trigger such an event?

I think there could be more to the story than the snippets we're seeing on the media reports. One of the six guys that were taken off the ship is quoted as saying "It was one hell of a bucks party. It was just boys being boys." From a female perspective that type of comment immediately sets of alarm bells in my mind ie what sort of "boys will be boys" behaviour would trigger such an event?

We don't want another Pacific Sky Brimble tragedy. Those boys were out of control.:evilsmile:

Things can escalate real easy if left unchecked.

Of course they drank on, they were contributing to the Carnival Corporation coffers. It is time the Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy applicable to each State was mandated on the ships and enforced, but of course it is not. I believe they tried it but it failed.

Have a good evening my friends.

I meant once they were on land, after they left the Newtown Police station, they went drinking in Balmain.

Just back from our first P and Ohhh cruise last week .We had many reservations in doing it, but it was convenient to try...

Our shortest cruise ever, but our opening diary notes may be relevant ????

" After years of declaring that he would never sail on a P & O Sh#t Ship, Phil booked a 5 day cruise to Tasmania on the Pacific Jewel leaving from Melbourne. We have never before, sailed from here, our home city . This is cruise No.46, since we started on ships, almost 12 years ago. This is also the first cruise we have taken which is sailing entirely in Australian waters, therefore no passport neede, just a drivers licence for I.D.

P and O and its umbrella companies, for years have been sending older ships downunder, renaming them, and giving them a new life by basing them permanently out of Australia, under the ownership of new companies set up as P and O, Princess, and Carnival, with suffix, "Australia". They have gained a bad reputation as being bogan party ships, since they promote to bring every-one along because cabins can hold 4 people."

Our final diary notes below ...

We particularly liked..

The main dining room which is made up from alcoves and nooks and crannies, whereas most of our others have huge open multi story open spaces filled with tables of all sizes.

The self service buffet is NOT self service. Each "station" is fully staffed and serviced. Therefore, no grubby little fingers or unwashed bogans can handle food, tongs etc.

Theatre layout is not as per normal theatre seating.. It is much the same as Palms at Crown, with group sections with coffee tables etc.

The lounge entertainers/bands around various sections of the ship were classy and not blastingly loud..

Main dining room food had a large variety of choices each day, for both lunch and dinner. Breakfast choices same each day, but a well presented variety to choose from.

We particularly disliked...

Bogans ..... although most were not overly loud and abnoxious.. Lot of singlet and flip flop/thong dressed ppl trying to do dinner in main dining room objected to being turned away...

Embarkation was a complete disorganized mess, and that continued to disembarkation with incorrect information being given to passengers.. We had to spend an extra hour on-board through them stuffing us around. (And most of the wrong info was coming from Guest services/Reception)..

Although dining room food was well presented and tasty, (apart from the last night), most of it was bulk fish, braised or casserole type stuff.. No such thing as roast dinners, prime rib, lamb rack, nor lobster nights on this ship..

Would we ever do P and Ohhhh Australia again??

Probably, but only with the convenience of leaving from Melbourne, and to where we want to go, and at a good price. Would not go just because we need a vacation with a ship being our destination..

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sue and Phil

When someone takes a glass and smashes it into the head area, face or neck of another person. Sometimes the assailant breaks the top of the glass first so the jagged edges do more damage. I have seen a couple of end results in Sydney in my working life, not a pretty sight. Not an uncommon occurrence in bars, nightclubs etc in Australia and in UK.

Another term is 'Glass them.':(:o

OMG ... :o

I meant once they were on land, after they left the Newtown Police station, they went drinking in Balmain.

Probably still thirsty, thanks Mic.:halo:

No doubt the media will be hunting them for a story, already done I reckon.

Just back from our first P and Ohhh cruise last week .We had many reservations in doing it, but it was convenient to try...

Our shortest cruise ever, but our opening diary notes may be relevant ????

" After years of declaring that he would never sail on a P & O Sh#t Ship, Phil booked a 5 day cruise to Tasmania on the Pacific Jewel leaving from Melbourne. We have never before, sailed from here, our home city . This is cruise No.46, since we started on ships, almost 12 years ago. This is also the first cruise we have taken which is sailing entirely in Australian waters, therefore no passport neede, just a drivers licence for I.D.

P and O and its umbrella companies, for years have been sending older ships downunder, renaming them, and giving them a new life by basing them permanently out of Australia, under the ownership of new companies set up as P and O, Princess, and Carnival, with suffix, "Australia". They have gained a bad reputation as being bogan party ships, since they promote to bring every-one along because cabins can hold 4 people."

Our final diary notes below ...

We particularly liked..

The main dining room which is made up from alcoves and nooks and crannies, whereas most of our others have huge open multi story open spaces filled with tables of all sizes.

The self service buffet is NOT self service. Each "station" is fully staffed and serviced. Therefore, no grubby little fingers or unwashed bogans can handle food, tongs etc.

Theatre layout is not as per normal theatre seating.. It is much the same as Palms at Crown, with group sections with coffee tables etc.

The lounge entertainers/bands around various sections of the ship were classy and not blastingly loud..

Main dining room food had a large variety of choices each day, for both lunch and dinner. Breakfast choices same each day, but a well presented variety to choose from.

We particularly disliked...

Bogans ..... although most were not overly loud and abnoxious.. Lot of singlet and flip flop/thong dressed ppl trying to do dinner in main dining room objected to being turned away...

Embarkation was a complete disorganized mess, and that continued to disembarkation with incorrect information being given to passengers.. We had to spend an extra hour on-board through them stuffing us around. (And most of the wrong info was coming from Guest services/Reception)..

Although dining room food was well presented and tasty, (apart from the last night), most of it was bulk fish, braised or casserole type stuff.. No such thing as roast dinners, prime rib, lamb rack, nor lobster nights on this ship..

Would we ever do P and Ohhhh Australia again??

Probably, but only with the convenience of leaving from Melbourne, and to where we want to go, and at a good price. Would not go just because we need a vacation with a ship being our destination..

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sue and Phil

Thanks for your review.

the stupid thing is that these blokes seem to think being kicked off the ship was all part of the awesome bucks party plus the media attention. OMG this bucks party is legendary.

Let’s hope no one else decides that this behaviour on a cruise is the way to make for a legendary party.