Is Silent Disco Still a Thing?

SCGirl3211

Does X have the silent disco on ALL their ships? We were on the Summit twice and I swear I never saw it advertised in the dailies.

It's definitely on the Summit. On 7 night cruise it was held 2 nights - both times in the Martini Bar. Once on another Summit cruise one night was in the Martini Bar and one night was up by the pool. Location varies by cruise director!

How does the Silent Disco work? Do you have to book? Do they run out of headphones? What sort of music choices do they have?

You don’t have to book anything. They give out headphones to everyone to wear. Hence the “silent” part. You can choose from 3 or 4 different types of music. You can change music by yourself with a button. Each type of music has a corresponding color on the headset so you can tell what others are listening and dancing to. When you get finished you turn in the headset. There can be a wait for headsets. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So tell me how this works: is there only one selection of music playing simultaneously over everyone's headphones, or do individuals get to choose the genre/songs that they prefer? If my wife picks country and I'm more of a Motown guy, can we both be happy and dance together?

Each headphone has a three way switch and you use that to switch between the different channels of music. The headphones also have built in lights (red, green, blue) and these change according to what channel you are listening to so you can see what channel others are on. Super fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Silent Disco, for people who get their money's worth out of their drink package.

Couldn’t be further from the truth. I don’t drink and have now participated on The Eclipse, and a week ago on Connie. I was with my 82 year old father who was very sceptical to start with. After 10 minutes he was up grooving like it was 1964. He hasn’t stopped talking about it since we arrived home. Contempt prior to investigation is not an admirable trait.

I hope they have stopped using the Spa Cafe area for the event! It's like listening to a herd of elephants stomping around on top of your cabin. Not cool when it starts at 11PM and they're still dragging the chairs back into place at 1AM.

I’m afraid they’re still doing it in the Solarium/Spa Cafe, which is a shame to those passengers in rooms on 12 Forward who are trying to sleep. This was on the Reflection 4/2-4/13/18. They had the Silent Disco twice at night starting at 11pm and once or twice around the pool deck mid-day.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and having fun.

I’m afraid they’re still doing it in the Solarium/Spa Cafe, which is a shame to those passengers in rooms on 12 Forward who are trying to sleep. This was on the Reflection 4/2-4/13/18. They had the Silent Disco twice at night starting at 11pm and once or twice around the pool deck mid-day.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and having fun.

Thank you for posting this. We will avoid these cabins in the future. It is so thoughtless to have it on top of people's cabins.