Books

lenquixote66

I like to take books on cruises .If I bring books and do not want to take them hime can I give them to the ship's library ?o

Usually, if the ship has a library, there's an "exchange shelf" where you can leave it. Not all ships have libraries.

You definitely can leave books in the library, there is almost always a pax swap area. I've picked up some brilliant books & given quite a few that disappeared very quickly.

But if it's something slightly unusual but extremely good... e.g. Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko (truly superb, very Russian, very dark), you might want to talk to your cabin steward and ask if there are any crew who (e.g. in this case) like Harry Potter books but want to try something a bit darker... and then pass them off to her/him.

VP

I take a combo of paperbacks - that if I finish I leave in the Library - and Kindle. The paperbacks I read at the pool, in the hot tub or at the beach. That way if I get splashed I do not risk ruining my Kindle. Also a paperback is less likely to "walk off" than a Kindle at the beach when I go in the water.

I prefer a paperback as I spend too much time already on electronic devices.. Our next two cruises are on Adventure of the Seas and will leave a few paperbacks. Almost always finish at least two while cruising for 7 days , love to read and no tv other than NFL...

I leave books all of the time; I appreciate it when others do too.

It makes for a better selection. :)

On Princess ships I sometimes sail with a "cruise pal" who loves the book swap area.

One on the first things she does when she gets on the ship is to go so she can get the best selection of what was left from the previous cruise. :D

If you're sailing to Grand Turk, leave your books in Grand Turk. Their library burned down earlier this year and they lost everything. They're asking cruise passengers to bring books to them if possible.

Oh wow I didn't know that, what a lively idea

Sent from my iPad using Forums