Was this a good idea?

lbfluffy

We booked the Coral Panama Canal for November 2019. I decided to go cheap and book the least expensive balcony guarantee BZ category which shows obstructed but it was $600 less and I still qualify for the sip and sale and free prepaid tips as long as I booked a balcony. I’ll take the gamble. I got such a great deal.

I think you have a good chance for an upgrad since there are only 2 BZ's and 2 BY's on the ship.

That was my thought. I’m just happy we are doing this cruise. My husband has been wanting to do it for years.

Last time I did a guarantee on Princess, I got the assignment in just a few days - so maybe you will know soon what you got.

I’m still waiting on my cabin assignment for my December Mexican Riviera Cruise.

That was my thought. I’m just happy we are doing this cruise. My husband has been wanting to do it for years.

I have done two full transits and 3 partial transits. The best 360 degree views are from the open upper decks and not from your balcony.

I have done two full transits and 3 partial transits. The best 360 degree views are from the open upper decks and not from your balcony.

I agree. That’s how we felt when we did Alaska. It was amazing going through the inside passage.

We booked the Coral Panama Canal for November 2019. I decided to go cheap and book the least expensive balcony guarantee BZ category which shows obstructed but it was $600 less and I still qualify for the sip and sale and free prepaid tips as long as I booked a balcony. I’ll take the gamble. I got such a great deal.

You will see.

We were on a Coral partial transit in March and had a great cruise. We had a balcony cabin. We chose the same one that we had for our previous Coral Alaska cruise. As others have mentioned the best strategy for viewing was to take advantage of the many viewing spots on the Coral, especially the wonderful promenade deck. I think you’ve made a great choice. Enjoy your cruise!

It's a great cruise - we did the partial transit on the Coral and had a wonderful time. We had a mini suite with a nice balcony, but were on the decks for the transit. I think you'll have a wonderful cruise. Ours was a few years ago, but my review has links to the private tour operators we used, who were all great. Have a wonderful trip!

For a Panama Canal you can't go wrong. The only time I had a problem on the Coral was when we were next to an area that "juts out". I like to see where I am going. If you are directly next to one of these jut out areas it is hard to see forward or backward depending where you are at. That cabin was not all that bad, and I would rebook it if if that was the last cabin available. But other than that I would not book a cabin next to a jut out

area if I had a choice..

The best place to be going through the canal especially the locks is forward on one of the top decks. Of course everyone else knows this so it gets very crowded up there. So it is nice to escape the heat and the crowds by retreating to cabin with a balcony. Another good place is completely forward in the Horizon court. On one trip through the canal. some people got those tables really, really early in the morning and just sat there all day so other people could not sit there.

For a Panama Canal you can't go wrong. The only time I had a problem on the Coral was when we were next to an area that "juts out". I like to see where I am going. If you are directly next to one of these jut out areas it is hard to see forward or backward depending where you are at. That cabin was not all that bad, and I would rebook it if if that was the last cabin available. But other than that I would not book a cabin next to a jut out

area if I had a choice..

The best place to be going through the canal especially the locks is forward on one of the top decks. Of course everyone else knows this so it gets very crowded up there. So it is nice to escape the heat and the crowds by retreating to cabin with a balcony. Another good place is completely forward in the Horizon court. On one trip through the canal. some people got those tables really, really early in the morning and just sat there all day so other people could not sit there.

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the tip.

If you don't mind standing, the forward Aloha or Baja observation areas are great. As someone said, get there early and take water with you as it gets hot up there. Also, take sun protection (hats, sunscreen, etc.) because it is largely uncovered. The Coral is definitely the best ship to do the Canal cruise.

If you don't mind standing, the forward Aloha or Baja observation areas are great. As someone said, get there early and take water with you as it gets hot up there. Also, take sun protection (hats, sunscreen, etc.) because it is largely uncovered. The Coral is definitely the best ship to do the Canal cruise.

Thank you. We are looking forward to this cruise