Caribbean Princess photo review 2018 : Suite and sour

scubacruiserx2

Scubacruiserx2, I will be staying in C749 on my cruise. Other than the vent on balcony; were there any other negatives with this suite? Thanks

Hi AF-1 . There is a return vent in the closet that was always on, so we just shut the door. Two nights before the end of our cruise, the hot water was only warm. We let the cabin steward know and in a very short time an officer was down to check it out and said they would fix it right away. It was warmer but not hot . Since we were leaving the next morning we did not say anything further.

Either way I think I would find that annoying, at least until I got used to it after a day or so.

We agree about the noise and for some it's a deal breaker . We got use to it ( Unlike our neighbors fireworks , which are louder and more sporadic :rolleyes:) .

Our routine had begun which was eat , sleep and dive . After breakfast we laid out , checked and packed our dive gear for our first stop which was Grand Cayman .

DSC01378_zpsed683a77.jpg

Our check revealed a couple of problems . My underwater camera batteries charged , but wouldn't turn the camera on . And somebody forgot their bathing suit ! Fortunately the ship's store had one that fit me but the camera didn't work so the underwater photos and videos are from previous dives .

Lunch was the pub lunch at the Crown Grille which is free unless you drink a beer like we did .

IMG_1282-001_zps9462abcb.jpg

The fish and chips which we had on the CB were the best ones that we have had on Princess , but not the best that we had on the trip .

One of the things that had been changed after the CB's dry dock was the hall carpets . Gone were the dual color coded starboard/port carpets .

DSC09024_zpsenrqcb3v.jpg

DSC09023_zps6hqec6no.jpg

They are now a single patterned carpet .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

That's interesting about the old carpets....kind of a neat idea....on Celebrity ships I often have no idea which way to turn off of an elevator until I see a cabin number...evens on one side, odds on the others....the different carpets would be quicker....

One of the things that had been changed after the CB's dry dock was the hall carpets . Gone were the dual color coded starboard/port carpets .

They are now a single patterned carpet .

On another thread, someone posted that there were small dots that were different colors for the port/starboard pattern. Did you notice any differences at all?

That's interesting about the old carpets....kind of a neat idea....on Celebrity ships I often have no idea which way to turn off of an elevator until I see a cabin number...evens on one side, odds on the others....the different carpets would be quicker....

If I could only remember which color was Starboard . ;) But as Pat used to say , " Just follow the Red ".

These are the new carpets they had on the Golden with the red and green dots mentioned. Not sure if Caribbean Princess had the same? Red was port, green was starboard.

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

Cool , thank you for sharing ! My memory sometimes slips - but my camera has a photographic memory !:)

We had fond memories of the Crab Shack from previous cruises on Princess .

DSC04840_zpssphcennh.jpg

They usually occurred once per cruise

DSC04892_zps6amdfsnr.jpg

And so we had high hopes for our dinner at sea at Steamers , the CB 's seafood restaurant which we thought may have replaced the Crab Shack .

DSC04890-001_zpsdfginx0z.jpg

DSC04894_zpsv507di2m.jpg

• We agree about the noise and for some it's a deal breaker . We got use to it ( Unlike our neighbors fireworks , which are louder and more sporadic :rolleyes:) .

I think your neighbor must be related to our neighbor somehow. The fireworks started this past weekend. I just wish they would choose a better spot to shoot them off where our view isn't blocked by trees. If we have to listen to the fireworks noise, the least they could do is let us see the show!

Our routine had begun which was eat , sleep and dive . After breakfast we laid out , checked and packed our dive gear for our first stop which was Grand Cayman .

DSC01378_zpsed683a77.jpg

Our check revealed a couple of problems . My underwater camera batteries charged , but wouldn't turn the camera on . And somebody forgot their bathing suit ! Fortunately the ship's store had one that fit me but the camera didn't work so the underwater photos and videos are from previous dives .

How did you find the visibility on your dives in Grand Cayman? We were there May 5-12 and I found the visibility to be the worst I've ever seen there. I was hoping to see your pictures from this trip to compare the conditions you found to what I experienced on our trip.

I hope you've been able to get your uw camera sorted out. That must have been frustrating for you, knowing your passion for photography.

Shame about your underwater camera, I was looking forward to some more great photos.

I don't mind the carpets on the Golden, but I think I preferred the previous patterns.

It was our first dive in a year and there was a little rust to shake out in the equipment and users . ;)

Generally speaking , we preferred the old to the new on the CB .

I think your neighbor must be related to our neighbor somehow. The fireworks started this past weekend. I just wish they would choose a better spot to shoot them off where our view isn't blocked by trees. If we have to listen to the fireworks noise, the least they could do is let us see the show!

Pat and I are looking at last minute cruises for the 4th ( not Disney ) to avoid the fireworks ! :D

How did you find the visibility on your dives in Grand Cayman? We were there May 5-12 and I found the visibility to be the worst I've ever seen there. I was hoping to see your pictures from this trip to compare the conditions you found to what I experienced on our trip.

I hope you've been able to get your uw camera sorted out. That must have been frustrating for you, knowing your passion for photography .

Nancy

The viz was down a bit . Maybe spring pollen , rain or overcast conditions ? It was overcast on the day that we were there .

IMG_6409-001_zps4ywoeulr.jpg

We also dove shallow with Ty and that sometimes reduces viz . I did sort out my u/w camera problem - so it's a good excuse to go diving and cruising soon . :cool:

Joe and Pat, good idea about that 4th of July cruise! :cool:

Glad you got the camera fixed. I think you really should head out on that cruise so you can get in a few more dives and take that camera on a test run! :D

Disney cruise fireworks aren't a bad thing. They don't last long, they're pretty to watch, and you get a fun show to go along with them. Actually, I think we're long overdue for another Disney cruise! Then, I look at their prices........:eek: