CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

We are sailing into Cape Liberty on the Adventure of the Seas on September 28. Our itinerary states a 7:00 arrival. Is it is it possible to make a 10:35 domestic flight out of LaGuardia if we carry off our bags at Cape Liberty? What would be the best way to get from the cruise port to the airport?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Of course it's possible if everything goes smoothly, but that's too close in my book. Any delay at all in the ship arriving or clearing the ship and going through customs and you will miss your flight. We were on Celebrity Summit arriving this past Sunday and disembarkation started a good 30 minutes after they said it would. The walk offs did not start getting off the ship until 8:45 am. Plus September 28th is a Friday. Traffic is horrendous on week days.

I totally agree. Way too close for comfort for LGA and even too tight for anyone to recommend for EWR. Adventure is new to Cape Liberty with no real track record for actual walk off disembarkation times.

What is LGA and EWR?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

LGA is La Guardia Airport in Queens, New York

EWR is Newark Airport in Newark, NJ

JFK is John F Kennedy Airport in Queens, New York

These are the three closest airports for cruising out of the 3 New York cruiseports in Manhattan, New York, Brooklyn, New York, and Bayonne, NJ. The logistics can be a nightmare. The OP asked a great question BEFORE booking a flight and then finding out they made a bad choice.

Of course it's possible if everything goes smoothly, but that's too close in my book. Any delay at all in the ship arriving or clearing the ship and going through customs and you will miss your flight. We were on Celebrity Summit arriving this past Sunday and disembarkation started a good 30 minutes after they said it would. The walk offs did not start getting off the ship until 8:45 am. Plus September 28th is a Friday. Traffic is horrendous on week days.

That was what I was afraid of. Thank you so much!

We are going on Adventure of the Seas on June 29. Since parking at the port is becoming an issue, what are some off-site parking options? I don't mind taking a shuttle. I would rather have a space planned ahead than roll the dice on finding a spot the morning of. TIA

We are going on Adventure of the Seas on June 29. Since parking at the port is becoming an issue, what are some off-site parking options? I don't mind taking a shuttle. I would rather have a space planned ahead than roll the dice on finding a spot the morning of. TIA

You will always get a spot at the port. It just might not be in the garage. IMHO it is still the best option by far.

You will always get a spot at the port. It just might not be in the garage. IMHO it is still the best option by far.

I'm so glad you posted this. My feelings exactly.

There have been no complaints about either availability or parking or parking security at the port. Unfortunately there are no other parking options in Bayonne that we feel comfortable recommending to cruisers on this board.

I'm so glad you posted this. My feelings exactly.

There have been no complaints about either availability or parking or parking security at the port. Unfortunately there are no other parking options in Bayonne that we feel comfortable recommending to cruisers on this board.

Thank you!

After skimming through the thread looking for options from the port on disembarkation day to EWR, I’m not clear on whether Uber/Lyft is an option. I see Carmel and dial 7 quoted often, and I’m sure there’s a taxi stand, but what about Uber/Lyft? Do they do pick ups? Are they less expensive for 2 persons with 2 medium suitcases than the others ? Car service is about $50 not including tolls/tips. What does a taxi cost?

After skimming through the thread looking for options from the port on disembarkation day to EWR, I’m not clear on whether Uber/Lyft is an option. I see Carmel and dial 7 quoted often, and I’m sure there’s a taxi stand, but what about Uber/Lyft? Do they do pick ups? Are they less expensive for 2 persons with 2 medium suitcases than the others ? Car service is about $50 not including tolls/tips. What does a taxi cost?

Another option is Shared shuttle through the taxi dispatcher to EWR for $20/pp.

Are there any recent reports that provide a general time on when the Celebrity Summit opens her doors to new passengers?

Or alternatively, does anyone know when the Celebrity Summit commences boarding?

I am trying to figure out what time to get to the port.

Thank you in advance.

Are there any recent reports that provide a general time on when the Celebrity Summit opens her doors to new passengers?

Or alternatively, does anyone know when the Celebrity Summit commences boarding?

Thank you in advance.

We've been on the Summit three times. The Suite boarding usually starts around 11:30. Followed by the higher CC status, then general boarding. Luggage and passenger drop off is pretty fast, as is the security line and check in.

Thank you in advance.

We were just on Summit - May 13 - 20, 2018. They started boarding passengers just past the 11:30 am mark. I believe we were on the ship around 11:50 am. We are Elite Plus so boarded after Suites and Zeniths.

Another option is Shared shuttle through the taxi dispatcher to EWR for $20/pp.

Do you have to pre-book the shared shuttle or just get them once in the port? Is this the least expensive option for 2 people to get back to EWR to pick up a rental car from Thrifty?

You are always so knowledgeable and helpful, Carol. We wish you were sailing with us again.

Joan

Do you have to pre-book the shared shuttle or just get them once in the port? Is this the least expensive option for 2 people to get back to EWR to pick up a rental car from Thrifty?

You are always so knowledgeable and helpful, Carol. We wish you were sailing with us again.

Joan

Just for info (as we used Thrifty last year) they are at P2 when you get on the Airtrain.

Simon

Joan

Hi Joan! Have fun on Adventure. I just got back from a quickie 4 day cruise to Victoria and Nanaimo on Explorer. Visited DD and DGD's in Oregon and we all did two days in Seattle before my cruise.

Uber or shared shuttle should be a similar price and are the least expensive.

Adventure comes in on a Friday. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get off the ship unless you have to. Rush hour traffic can be pretty bad. Where are you and Al driving to?

The advantage of Uber would be that you can go straight to Thrifty without hauling your luggage on the Airtrain. If Uber isn't working out, then you can just use the shared taxi dispatcher shuttle.

Email me if you have any further questions.

Hi Joan! Have fun on Adventure. I just got back from a quickie 4 day cruise to Victoria and Nanaimo on Explorer. Visited DD and DGD's in Oregon and we all did two days in Seattle before my cruise.

Uber or shared shuttle should be a similar price and are the least expensive.

Adventure comes in on a Friday. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get off the ship unless you have to. Rush hour traffic can be pretty bad. Where are you and Al driving to?

The advantage of Uber would be that you can go straight to Thrifty without hauling your luggage on the Airtrain. If Uber isn't working out, then you can just use the shared taxi dispatcher shuttle.

Email me if you have any further questions.

Thanks, Carol, for all your help. We have family and friends in NJ since we are originally from there that we will be visiting for 8 days post cruise. Glad you got to see your family in Oregon and got to combine it with one of your favorite pastimes- cruising. Hope we get to meet again on the high seas.

Joan

Couple of questions that I can't find searching:

1. Our arrival for June 8th says to come at 10-10:30am, what time would you suggest arriving at Cape Liberty?

2. Where do drop your luggage off at. I see different numbered areas as you pull up to the terminal, but which one do you go to?

Couple of questions that I can't find searching:

1. Our arrival for June 8th says to come at 10-10:30am, what time would you suggest arriving at Cape Liberty?

2. Where do drop your luggage off at. I see different numbered areas as you pull up to the terminal, but which one do you go to?

Arriving at the time you posted is good. There should be minimal vehicle traffic and likely no back up as you approach the luggage drop off area. Traffic personnel will direct you to the luggage zone, no need to be overly concerned. Following drop off, drive to the parking garage (right side) or you may be directed to the surface lot (left side). There are elevators and stairs in the garage. On disembarkation day, likely to have a wait to use the elevator or choose to carry your bags up the stairs.

Anthem boarding starts as early as 10:30, do not know if Adventure does as well.There is a spacious waiting area inside terminal building.

With a 12:50 pm domestic flight at EWR, is 10 am about the right time for car pickup on disembark day (Sunday)?

Still looking for advice for the above. Is this about the right time. With a 12:50 p flight time I wouldn’t think we’d need to rush on disembark day. Thanks.